Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anasta's first repaint!

Go down 
+5
Caracal
costicuba
widukind
Roger
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

Anasta's first repaint! Empty
PostSubject: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptySun 9 Jun 2019 - 19:41

Hello, dear friends!

I apologize for my long absence on the forum. I just haven't enough time to get to the laptop and upload all the interesting things I have indeed Sad It's not so easy to combine university and work schedules.

Anyway I'm super glad to share you my first repaint!

I have never worked with any paints before (of course, I don't count childhood) and I absolutely have no idea about how to do something with them. In childhood I liked gouache better than watercolor. Nowadays I still don't understand how people can do something with watercolor but with other paints too scratch
I always loved to draw and now I feel more or less assured while using color and especially grapthite pencils.

Acrylics were something very new and alien to me as other paints. But ok, people do paintings, but how it exactly works on figurines? And also these brushes... Horrible. When you do something with a pencil, you know that it would the line where you want and the type you want, but brush... It's soft, there are so many types of them, oh my god!

But I also want to thank several people who really helped me to start.
First, I saved Kosta's painting tutorial and even translated it to Russian for my friend.
Second, Hontor. He told me several methods of painting, and I was watching him painting few times.
Third, my close friend Alyona that finally pushed me to try. She is an artist and collector too, and so one day she invinted me to paint something. I picked up one of the most cheap figure that I have and joined to her.

And... Meet german shepherd Aiza! I love you

Before:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After:

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptySun 9 Jun 2019 - 20:07

Welcome back on forum, Anasta! It is a joy to see you posting back here. It is quite surprising for me that it is just your first repaint. I thought you already did it before. Maybe your talent made me think like that.
It was really time to you venture into it once it is evident you have lots of abilities.
You have just turned what seems to be a random dog into a wonderful and easily recognizable German shepherd. You haven't neglected any kind of detail and the result is fantastic. Now that is a way without return and I hope you keep developing your talent. Very Happy

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 9:57

Roger wrote:
Welcome back on forum, Anasta! It is a joy to see you posting back here. It is quite surprising for me that it is just your first repaint. I thought you already did it before. Maybe your talent made me think like that.
It was really time to you venture into it once it is evident you have lots of abilities.
You have just turned what seems to be a random dog into a wonderful and easily recognizable German shepherd. You haven't neglected any kind of detail and the result is fantastic. Now that is a way without return and I hope you keep developing your talent. Very Happy
Thank you for your warm words, Roger!
Yeah, I have never painted before. All my previous finished sculptures were colored with material that I used. Only black-and-white wolf Willhelm was a bit colored with a watercolor pencil (velvet clay, of which he consists, allows to do it) :)
But now I feel ok about acrylics and I have something else to show Wink

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 10:16

Nice work :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 12:37

widukind wrote:
Nice work :)
Thank you, Andreas!

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 18:00

Anasta, it is wonderful !
Your first repaint, wow ... also like Roger, I taught that maybe you made in the past some repaints already, so it was also a surprise for me to know that.
But , believe me, you should  be very confident, to make many more repaints, because your first one looks just great.
You have very nice sence of colors , I really like the rich colors, which you used here , for this dog.
You made a lot of details, which makes this model, a very nice looking now.
I`m sure, with better made it models, you can do miracles :)

I`m very very happy, that my tutorial ( quite old..) still helps :)
And it is a honnor for me, to know, that you used it sunny

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 19:28

very good job Anasta! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 14:41

costicuba wrote:
Anasta, it is wonderful !
Your first repaint, wow ... also like Roger, I taught that maybe you made in the past some repaints already, so it was also a surprise for me to know that.
But , believe me, you should  be very confident, to make many more repaints, because your first one looks just great.
You have very nice sence of colors , I really like the rich colors, which you used here , for this dog.
You made a lot of details, which makes this model, a very nice looking now.
I`m sure, with better made it models, you can do miracles :)

I`m very very happy, that my tutorial ( quite old..) still helps :)
And it is a honnor for me, to know, that you used it sunny

Thank you, dear Kosta! Your words as a painter mean a lot I love you
It would great to see something new by you Embarassed

Caracal wrote:
very good job Anasta! cheers Applause

Many thanks!

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 6:12

Very nice job Shocked cheers Now it is a very desirable thing! I can't wait to watch your next one.
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 14:11

Kikimalou wrote:
Very nice job Shocked cheers Now it is a very desirable thing! I can't wait to watch your next one.
Thanks, Christophe! You'll see it soon Wink

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptyThu 11 Jul 2019 - 13:19

It´s really good, specially considering it´s your first!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptySat 13 Jul 2019 - 21:58

Excellent repaint!!!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! EmptySun 14 Jul 2019 - 13:47

Amazing !affraid
The model was really not one that you would take a 3rd look at, but you saw the possibilities, and - WOW ! What a difference !!! cheers

A beautyful Alsatian now, and so many fine details. Not an easy job, but it looks like you have done it 100 times before Applause Very Happy Applause flower

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anasta's first repaint!   Anasta's first repaint! Empty

Back to top Go down

Anasta's first repaint!
Page 1 of 1