Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos

Go down 
+4
Pardofelis
Roger
widukind
Numa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos Empty
PostSubject: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 4:59 pm

The new PNSO Thompson's Gazelle arrived this morning and it is smaller than what I expected in comparison to the other range released earlier in the year (Fennec, baby elephant etc).  

The gazelle is in the Schleich scale and quite lovely.  I cannot quite bring myself to open it from its packaging so the following photos will have to do for now. I likeit very much but the colour could have been a little lighter and that front leg twist one way a tad bit too far but all in all a nice model. I cannot wait to buy the full box set of this and the Oceanian animals:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Nice Gazelle :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptyThu Jun 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks for showing Numaan! I find the gazelle and cheetah particularly interesting in this series. Fortunately they are smaller than the others you mentioned. Laughing I hope you will show also pictures of that figure out of the blister and preferrably compared with a known counterpart. The way they are packaged also explains a little why they can use so unconventional poses. Very Happy

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 11:41 am

Where did you bought it please?
I was just about to buy it today from MiniZoo but a collector friend just caught the last one two days ago Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad and now I can't find any place that sells the gazelle at same or cheaper price, only more expensive ones.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 7:36 pm

What a beauty drunken

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 10:35 pm

In my list of course, it is very nice model. Applause Applause

SerAndrew

Country/State : Spain/Madrid

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 11:39 am

Hi! Wery nice this one. I'm waiting mine (coming from Australia) but have some doubts about its stability...
Does it stand well?
Also, if you have finally decided to open it, could you please post some photos?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 2:03 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
but a collector friend just caught the last one two days ago Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

And here he is Sad Sad

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 8:34 pm

I bought this gazelle.
Unfortunately its legs are too thin and soft so it's unstable and easily fall down! I don't know how to strengthen legs
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 9:12 pm

molla.nasreddin wrote:
I bought this gazelle.
Unfortunately its legs are too thin and soft so it's unstable and easily fall down! I don't know how to strengthen legs

The only way to harden pvc is softening it first but be cautious because you can damage the figure. You can put the legs of the figure in very hot water to soften them, after it, you have to find a way to reshape them to a correct position. Then, you put the figure in very cold water. Think very well first how it works, also how you will make it cool down without losing the shape and be aware that it does not always work.

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 9:43 pm

Roger wrote:
molla.nasreddin wrote:
I bought this gazelle.

The only way to harden pvc is softening it first but be cautious because you can damage the figure. You can put the legs of the figure in very hot water to soften them, after it, you have to find a way to reshape them to a correct position. Then, you put the figure in very cold water. Think very well first how it works, also how you will make it cool down without losing the shape and be aware that it does not always work.

I did exactly what you said.
but it only works about 3 hours and again it falls!
Do you have PNSO Gazelle?
I haven't seen legs that are sothin & soft like this before
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos EmptyWed Nov 22, 2023 11:26 pm

I don't have PNSO gazelle.However, I can see the legs are very thin and realistic but sometimes that's the price we pay to have delicate figures which do not break easily. That's the reason why most major brands make these animals with thicker legs or just avoid them. I have this kind of problem since I am from a warm country and sometimes even CollectA models suffer a little.

PostSubject: Re: PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos   PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos Empty

Back to top Go down

PNSO Thompson's Gazelle Photos
Page 1 of 1