Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)

Go down 
+3
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) Empty
PostSubject: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Review of the complete set of the Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book by Yujin (release date unknown). I am not specializing in amphibians yet (soon though), but this set was available so I snatched it up. I was going to show them when I covered amphibians, but the figures are so amazing I had to highlight itself! These are some of the best figures I own (Yujin were always among the best).

1. Japanese tree frog, Hyla japonica.
I will probably replace this figure with one of the Ikimon figures on a mushroom :-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. forest green tree frog, Rhacophorus arboreus.

3. Isikawa's frog, Odorrana ishikawae.

4. Japanese brown frog, Rana japonica.

5. Ryukyu kajika frog, Buergeria japonicus.

6. ornate narrow-mouthed frog, Microhyla ornata.

7. eastern Japanese toad, Bufo japonicus formosus.

8. American bullfrog, Lithobates catesbeianus.

9. red-eyed tree frog, Agalychnis callidryas

10. Malayan leaf frog, Megophrys nasuta

11. Argentine horned frog, Ceratophrys ornata.

12. dyeing dart frog, Dendrobates tinctorius.

Secret A. black-spotted pond frog, Pelophylax nigromaculatus.

Secret B. Nagoya Daruma pond frog, Pelophylax porosus brevipodus.

Secret C. stream brown frog, Rana sakuraii.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 pm

These are photo realistic figures and stunning photos. I can't stop looking at them!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 7:10 pm

They are phantastic.

But are they Yujin or Takara Tomy? And really pictorial book? I know that from Access.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
These are photo realistic figures and stunning photos. I can't stop looking at them!

Thanks. The dioramas are artificial too (bought them from Japanese Yahoo):)

widukind wrote:
They are phantastic.

But are they Yujin or Takara Tomy? And really  pictorial book? I know that from Access.

They are Yujin. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. bought Yujin so some may have been re-released under T-TARTs brand, but these are the Yujin originals.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptySun Jun 16, 2019 8:39 pm

That is a fabulous presentation! Very Happy Yujin is surely one of the nicest brands regarding these smaller animal figures. I really love all of them. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 5:51 am

Excellent pictures, I love everything  cheers

bmathison1972 wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

widukind wrote:
They are phantastic.

But are they Yujin or Takara Tomy? And really  pictorial book? I know that from Access.

They are Yujin. Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. bought Yujin so some may have been re-released under T-TARTs brand, but these are the Yujin originals.

Indeed, I made a review about this set in 2010 in the Yujin section [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 9:07 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

widukind wrote:
They are phantastic.

Thanks, i dont know that

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Excellent pictures, I love everything  cheers

bmathison1972 wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

widukind wrote:
They are phantastic.

Indeed, I made a review about this set in 2010 in the Yujin section [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

Oh sorry Christophe; I wouldn't have cross-posted if I had seen it was done already!

And I see where the confusion is...I posted this thread under Takara Tomy!!! Ack! LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can you or another admin please move this to the right child board.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can you or another admin please move this to the right child board.

I moved it to Yujin section but there is no problem that the set was already presented before, almost 9 years ago. Laughing Both your presentations are wonderful and quite different. Very Happy

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptyMon Jun 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Thanks Roger!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WonderFish

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Hi! And sorry (again) for my ignorance.
As I said in the Kitan salamander's topic I would be grateful if someone could explain to me why the stream frog is displayed catching a fish. This is a behaviour I havent seen before and that I cannot find on the internet...
Thanks for any insight!
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 3:34 am

WonderFish wrote:
Hi! And sorry (again) for my ignorance.
As I said in the Kitan salamander's topic I would be grateful if someone could explain to me why the stream frog is displayed catching a fish. This is a behaviour I havent seen before and that I cannot find on the internet...
Thanks for any insight!

Amplexus (Latin "embrace") is a type of mating behavior exhibited by some externally fertilizing species (chiefly amphibians and horseshoe crabs) in which a male grasps a female with his front legs as part of the mating process, and at the same time or with some time delay, he fertilizes the eggs as they are released from the female's body.

During the breeding period, because the male frog considers the fish to be a female frog, the frog hugs the fish. This also exists. Please see the photos as follow.

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 8:57 am

Wow thank you!
I knew this mating behaviour but never thought they confuse female frogs with fishes!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)   Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin) Empty

Back to top Go down

Frogs in Colour Pictorial Book (Yujin)
Page 1 of 1