Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zirkoon

zirkoon

Country/State : Germany

whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? Empty
PostSubject: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 10:57 pm

Hello friends I need your help.

I bought this safari grey whale last week.
It was cheap, and in a box along with the Invicta Blue Whale, the Monterey Bay Killer Whale and 2 Dino Riders Dinosaurs.
I saw the painting of the gray whale and first I thought it was a repaint, or something like that.
But then I looked around the internet and I found a picture of this safari Grey Whale, which is very similar to my one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now I need your help, does anybody know if the paint job of my Whale is original or a repaint.

I find the "normal" painting that that wie know on the safari gray whale so much more beautiful.
But I would like to find out, what's up with this Grey Whale and his paint job.
Thank you very much for your help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you very much for your help.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 pm

As far as I know, the shiny model is much older Very Happy

zirkoon

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 10:03 pm

Thank you for your help Susanne,
but do you think the paint job on this whale is an original safari painting?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 10:32 pm

zirkoon wrote:
Thank you for your help Susanne,
but do you think the paint job on this whale is an original safari painting?

Hmmm, hard to tell, but some of the white paint stands out seen close up, doesn't it ? scratch

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:40 pm

I have never seen a other whale figure with this painting.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zirkoon

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 4:51 pm

I totally agree with you. My first thought was that it must be a repaint.
But it is already mysterious, to find a similar painted whale in the interent.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 5:36 pm

zirkoon wrote:
I totally agree with you. My first thought was that it must be a repaint.
But it is already mysterious, to find a similar painted whale in the interent.

scratch scratch scratch scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 6:02 pm

VERY interesting bounce bounce cheers

Yes, Safari used to have some models that were very strangely painted !
Just look at this horse Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptySat Jul 13, 2019 6:03 pm

NB : We surely need a picture of your whale on TAI [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 5:19 pm

The older Monterey Bay Aquarium models usually do have unusual paint jobs they are just not as common and easy to find. I had a whale just like this one and several others NWT that I sold a couple years ago and that was exactly how I had purchased them originally. Tough to believe as it seems, this whale you have is not repainted but a factory paint original. 

Just look at all the drastic paint variations Safari LTD jas had through the years with their standard tigers and VW wolves. Very Happy It's a very common practice with this company in general.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 8:03 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
The older Monterey Bay Aquarium models usually do have unusual paint jobs they are just not as common and easy to find. I had a whale just like this one and several others NWT that I sold a couple years ago and that was exactly how I had purchased them originally. Tough to believe as it seems, this whale you have is not repainted but a factory paint original. 

Just look at all the drastic paint variations Safari LTD jas had through the years with their standard tigers and VW wolves. Very Happy It's a very common practice with this company in general.

cheers cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 7:23 am

Thank you

Back to top Go down
zirkoon

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 am

cheers cheers cheers
I think you have solved the mystery!!!
Thank you very much for your help!
Back to top Go down
zirkoon

zirkoon

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 10:15 am

SUSANNE wrote:
NB : We surely need a picture of your whale on TAI [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

The pictures can be used for TAI. If you still need other pictures, just let me know.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 8:54 am

zirkoon wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

The pictures can be used for TAI. If you still need other pictures, just let me know.

Thankyou Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?   whale -  Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original? Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari ltd Gray Whale Monterey Bay Aquarium with strange paint job. Is it original?
Page 1 of 1