Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Please KLICK HERE to enter your suggestion for the Show-Us-Yours of August sunny

Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo) Empty
PostSubject: Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo)   Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Walkaround of the red-clawed crab, Chiromantes haematocheir (De Haan, 1833) by Kaiyodo for their Revogeo line, new for 2019. This is the Revogeo figure I think I was most excited for. The species is no stranger to figure form (it's the fourth by Kaiyodo alone), but it's fantastic (if I have any complaints about the Revogeo line, is that the species selections are not exciting. But, if you are going to test a new line, it's probably best to go with the familiar...).

The figure has a carapace width of 5.0 cm making it 1.4:1 for a male or 1.5:1 for a female, so almost twice natural size. The maximum width the figure takes up is 14.5 cm. On this figure, only the claws are articulated; the walking legs are not (which is fine by me; honestly I am not a fan of articulated figures). The detail is exquisite, especially the spines on the legs.

We will have to see what else Revogeo brings us. I am planning on getting the giant water bug, a 'maybe' on the hornet, but probably a 'no' on the stag beetle(s), at least for the time being.

Here are the pics. Unlike with the emperor scorpion, I did not image the packaging this time (it's similar to the scorpion). Enjoy!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the Revogeo figure with other members of this species. From left to right:

1. Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum - Japanese Crabs Collection
2. Kaiyodo - Capsule Q Museum - Japanese Crabs Collection (juveline)
3. Wing Mau
4. Yujin
5. Kaiyodo - Choco Q Animatales Series 3

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo)   Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 6:08 pm

Very very nice :)

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo)   Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo) EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 pm

Thanks Blaine for presenting that heavily colored crab. It is a very interesting representative. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo)   Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo) Empty

Back to top Go down

Red-clawed crab (Kaiyodo - Revogeo)
Page 1 of 1