Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hao_bao

Country/State : UK

Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List Empty
PostSubject: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 11:39 am

Hi everyone,

I'm on a mission to collect as many Britains zoo animals as possible, I used to have them as a kid and regret selling them. To make my task a little easier, does anyone know if there exists a list of all models I can use as a guide? I'm had a trawl through this forum and the internet with no luck so far. My ultimate goal is to build a model zoo for my daughter, and the Britains range were of the best scale for accomplishing this.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 12:04 pm

Actually, the best and most complete sources we used to find online are already gone.Sad
It reenforces the importance of a site as Toy Animal Wiki is, although the Britains section is sadly quite far from being complete.
You can find it [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There are also some catalogue scans on forum that may be very useful to you and you can find it in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hao_bao

PostSubject: Re: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 11:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Actually, the best and most complete sources we used to find online are already gone.Sad
It reenforces the importance of a site as Toy Animal Wiki is, although the Britains section is sadly quite far from being complete.
There are also some catalogue scans on forum that may be very useful to you and you can find it in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Roger, thank you very much for your kind information, these links are a very useful starting point!

I actually just found a vintage junk shop in Brighton with a few of the lead zoo figures but I'll probably focus on the later plastic ones.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 11:17 am

Welcome here :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 11:55 pm

Hi Roger, thank you very much for your kind information, these links are a very useful starting point!

I actually just found a vintage junk shop in Brighton with a few of the lead zoo figures but I'll probably focus on the later plastic ones.

You're welcome! If you can get these lead figures for an affordable price, I believe you won't be able of resist. I have a single lead Britains, it is a camel and I love it. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hao_bao

PostSubject: Re: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 2:59 pm

You're welcome! If you can get these lead figures for an affordable price, I believe you won't be able of resist. I have a single lead Britains, it is a camel and I love it. Very Happy

You're right, I couldn't resist, I bought the following lead ones today:

Lion
Tiger
Sea lion
Penguin
Panda

There are also some flimsier plastic ones that seem like knock-off Britains that I bought - a panda, crocodile, x2 pelicans and x3 ostriches. I plan to buy some craft paints and restore them all.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 12:15 am

You're right, I couldn't resist, I bought the following lead ones today:

Lion
Tiger
Sea lion
Penguin
Panda

There are also some flimsier plastic ones that seem like knock-off Britains that I bought - a panda, crocodile, x2 pelicans and x3 ostriches. I plan to buy some craft paints and restore them all.

I did kknow you couldn't resit. Wink
Yes, there are some famous knockoffs of Britains figures. They are usually made in Hong Kong and they were sold in boxed sets much cheaper than the original Britains figures. They are part of the Britains collecting hobby and there are a few from these sets that were not based in Britains figures. Wink

Back to top Go down
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi,
All Britains animals, lead and plastic are listed in books like James Opie "The the great book of Britains".
(Very heavy and i guess really expensive now)
The plastic Zoo animals are listed in Britains Herald plastic models 1960-1971 with I think still is possible to buy on e-bay from seller Herald-toys-and-models.
After 1971 they released few (but very good) models.
In UK it would be really easy to find to whole range, otherwise they are all on e-bay.
/Lennart
Stockholm
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi

There is a complete list of Britains Zoo/Wildlife animals in Peter Cole's book this includes post 1971 production:

'Suspended Animation - An Unauthorised History of Herald and Britains Figures'

Details: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure it is still available but worth looking out for.

The Zoo book mentioned by Lennart which details production 1960 to 1971 written by Barney Brown is not presently available from his shop:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BTW I have a complete list based on the above / Britains catalogues I have in my collection / Richard Lewis' website when it was available / my personal collection which is in an Apple Numbers format. Not sure if this can be linked here due to formatting issues.

A complete list is one thing but detailing all the variations during Britains Zoo/ wildlife production from 1960 to 1998 is another.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List   Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains Zoo Animals - Complete List
Page 1 of 1