Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.) Empty
PostSubject: Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)   Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.) EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 1:20 pm

Review of a nearly complete set of venomous snakes by Takara Tomy A.R.T.S. I say nearly complete because the set came with two color morphs of 'tsuchinoko' but I don't collect or display mythical creatures. I was alerted to this set by Brett on his email distribution list. I decided to pursue it because there are 5 new species, and they are the desired size for my Synoptic Collection. Not only are they five new species, but with the exception of the black mamba that was recently made by Schleich, I think four of them are totally unique in toy/figure form.

Each snake is a single piece of plastic and comes with a base with the Latin and Japanese names and degree of toxicity (on a 1-5 skull-and-crossbones scale). This is similar to the scorpion and spider sets I have previously reviewed. To get an idea of the figure sizes, the bases measure 5.4 cm in diameter. The figures sit loosely on the bases, with no pegs or holes.

1. inland taipan, Oxyuranus microlepidoptus.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. desert death adder, Acanthophis pyrrhus.

3. black mamba, Dendroaspis polylepis.

4. Belcher's sea snake, Hydrophis belcheri.

5. painted coral snake, Micrurus corallinus.

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)   Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.) EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 1:21 pm

I really like that set :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
khallam

khallam

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)   Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.) EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 3:28 pm

Loving these :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)   Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.) EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 12:16 am

Very interesting set. Thanks for sharing it with us. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)   Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Venomous Snakes (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)
Page 1 of 1