Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround

Go down 
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 7:57 am

Another great figure from this set. Though I will say it reminds me a bit more of a Eurasian lynx than a bobcat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 8:32 am

WOW! What a beautyful model cheers
I truely love it, - and your pictures are great Applause

Thankyou for the walkaround sunny

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Great too :)

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
WOW! What a beautyful model cheers
I truely love it, - and your pictures are great Applause

Thankyou for the walkaround sunny

Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Aug 16, 2019 12:48 am

Great too :)

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 5:24 pm

nice figure! I think it's a bobcat since its back-legs aren't longer than the fore-ones! :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Yes, and I think a bobcat has a striped tail, but a European lynx doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 9:52 pm

With these traditional vibrant colors of Colorata, I understand why it looks an Eurasian lynx to you. It is a nice bobcat and their range of colors is relatively variable for a lynx species.

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Very Happy sure this brand deserves its name very well!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 10:33 pm

With these traditional vibrant colors of Colorata, I understand why it looks an Eurasian lynx to you. It is a nice bobcat and their range of colors is relatively variable for a lynx species.

Yes, I was more referencing its colors than its anatomy. The red hue and larger, more distinct spots remind me of a Eurasian lynx. Where I live bobcats tend to be very gray-toned as opposed to red.

Last edited by VexVamp on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 pm

nice figure! I think it's a bobcat since its back-legs aren't longer than the fore-ones! :)

That's true, though I was more making a reference to its coloration. The red hue and more distinct spots reminds me of a Eurasian lynx, especially since where I live bobcats are very gray-toned as opposed to red.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Yes, and I think a bobcat has a striped tail, but a European lynx doesn't.

Yeah, the Eurasian lynx vibes I'm getting are coming more from the reddish coloration and very distinct spots. Where I live bobcats tend to be more gray-toned and have blurrier, less distinct markings. The only one I've seen clearly in the wild looked a bit like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround EmptySat Nov 09, 2019 10:21 am

The colour of the Coloratas is usually a bit exaggerated (but that makes them look good). I read somewhere that, apart from colour variations between regions, bobcats are redder in the summer than in the winter. Interestingly, rufus in their latin name Lynx Rufus means red.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround   Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Colorata Palearctic + Nearctic Bobcat Walkaround
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Colorata-
Jump to: