Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recur Wolf Walkaround

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 12:06 am

I'm honestly not blown away with the anatomy of this figure, especially compared to some of Recur's other animals, but I really enjoy the color and pattern. I also think it's a nice touch that the eyes are open just slightly so that you can see the color, which is something I hadn't even noticed before doing this turnaround. Like the others, this figure is squishy to the touch, seemingly with a plastic exterior and foam interior. It's about 6 1/2 in. long, 6 in. tall, and 2 in. wide.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by VexVamp on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 12:12 am

A beautiful wolf. The toes are the wrong shape but as you said the paintwork is pretty good. I will have to pick this up for sure sometime. Thanks again! These walkarounds are very helpful.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 12:58 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
A beautiful wolf. The toes are the wrong shape but as you said the paintwork is pretty good. I will have to pick this up for sure sometime. Thanks again! These walkarounds are very helpful.

Yeah, the paws seem almost bear-like and the body is pretty boxy, but I do really love the coloration. Any wolf figure that gets that brindling around the neck pretty much has me. Glad you've enjoyed all these! They sell them on Amazon, and sometimes one will pop on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 8:18 am

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Nice pic of this big guy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround EmptySat Sep 07, 2019 3:53 am

widukind wrote:
Nice again

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround EmptySat Sep 07, 2019 3:54 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Nice pic of this big guy Very Happy

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround EmptySat Sep 07, 2019 4:10 am

I see what you mean about his body appearance. But what's most notable to me again is the paint work, which arguably is easier to do with a larger figure. Probably my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] complaint for wolves is their paint work, no one really does it right. Disappointing for canine collectors...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround EmptySat Sep 07, 2019 4:45 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I see what you mean about his body appearance. But what's most notable to me again is the paint work, which arguably is easier to do with a larger figure. Probably my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] complaint for wolves is their paint work, no one really does it right. Disappointing for canine collectors...

Media so often uses wolfdogs and wolfy-looking dog breeds in TV and movies that I think it's skewed the idea of what real wolves look like, and figure designs really reflect that. They often end up looking more like huskies, malamutes, or German shepherds than wolves, as least in the coloration. In this case I think it's a figure mass produced as quickly and cheaply as possible, so there's not much by way of intricate details. Probably my favorite wolf figure paintjobs are on the Papo gray wolf family and arctic wolf pup, the brown Breyer wolf, the Kaiyodo wolves, and (to some extent) the early version of the Mojo wolves, when they were still gray as opposed to brown. They're simplistic, but I feel like they do the best job of conveying the idea of a more complex markings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recur Wolf Walkaround   1 - Recur Wolf Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Recur Wolf Walkaround
Page 1 of 1