Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

last CollectA leopard a little repaint

Go down 
+5
Roger
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
landrover
Caracal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

last CollectA leopard a little repaint Empty
PostSubject: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 10:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Caracal on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 1:14 am

I like much, this repaint. congratulations Applause Applause

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 5:41 am

Thank you Caracal for this "spot the difference" game Suspect Laughing

Great rescue Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 7:38 pm

thank you Fernando and Christophe! :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 pm

The best repaints are those you don't notice Smile. But mixing the paint so that you don't notice is usually very difficult, so well done!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:11 pm

thank you Roger! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 9:34 pm

We are in a leopard fever and I missed this topic! Sleep
I really love the way you readjusted the rosette's pattern, am I right? At least it doesn't look as messy as my model. Have you also retouched the eys?

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 11:19 pm

..not at all.. I just repainted some black spots! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 11:38 pm

Caracal wrote:
..not at all.. I just repainted some black spots! :)

So your original version was less anarchic then mine.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 6:21 am

landrover wrote:

I like much, this repaint. congratulations Applause Applause

Congratulations beautiful precision work Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 7:19 am

cheers Applause

spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 8:00 am

I love the way Caracal is treating to his models. Faithful to the original and just fixing the obvious flaws with gentle retouches. Look how much this leopard has improved! Being still the Collecta model we all recognize with just a glance. And without enormous amount of time spent in this case I suppose..
Really cool!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 9:23 am

..right supposed Spacelab: 1/4h! (about) Very Happy

This model of leopard is the one I was waiting for a long time. The general proportions are good, the head is not to big like on the Schleich's one with its smiling face. I think that painting flaws are not important because it's easy to repare but it's not the same thing with sculpting flaws for it's more difficult to change, even with magical WePAM paste!
Well this leopard, according to me, could be yet a little meliorated, taking off a (very!) little from each of its chops which are a little too "full " but it's a very little detail of no account at all, and I prefer keep it like that!..

Thank you Lucky Luke, Susanne and Spacelab! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Hard to see but really nice :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 5:29 pm

Looking at this again, I am again surprised how good the colour match is. Unless it's black or white, I never manage to get the colour right. Do you have any tricks, for example, do you just mix primary colours?

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 pm

Thank you Roger!

I have no special trick, I just use acrylic Pébéo I can find in "Cultura" store in the town I live close. For these patterns and most of fur paintings, only mango yellow, vermilion red, brown, black, and white, then it's a matter of proportions when you mix until you get the colour of the model!..  :)
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint EmptyThu Mar 19, 2020 6:55 pm

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I lack the artistic talent, even for mixing paint Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: last CollectA leopard a little repaint   last CollectA leopard a little repaint Empty

Back to top Go down

last CollectA leopard a little repaint
Page 1 of 1