Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 3:43 am

This is the last of the three figures I bought from this seller on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/usr/kentoshbros?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754 though I hope to go back and purchase more in the future. Though not bad, I feel like the anatomy on this one is the least impressive of the three. However, the unique pose and overall charm of it won me over. It reminds me a bit of a statue you'd see outside a library, with a gentle aura of strength and dignity.

Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround DSC7186
Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround DSC7187
Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround DSC7188
Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround DSC7189
Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround DSC7190
Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround DSC7192
Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround DSC7191
Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround DSC7226

Last edited by VexVamp on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Lions are always a problem in toy industry. It is common to see many brands making excellent figures of several other animals but they often fail when the subject is a male lion. Eikoh was not brilliant either and some good brands took a long time to make a decent lion. The figure is however meritory in some regards, namely the pose. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 11:57 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 7:39 pm

Roger wrote:
Lions are always a problem in toy industry. It is common to see many brands making excellent figures of several other animals but they often fail when the subject is a male lion. Eikoh was not brilliant either and some good brands took a long time to make a decent lion. The figure is however meritory in some regards, namely the pose. Very Happy

Yes, they seem to be one of those animals that companies have a lot of trouble with. I think a lot of it comes down to the mane, which can be tricky to get right.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 pm

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 9:09 pm

VexVamp wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, they seem to be one of those animals that companies have a lot of trouble with. I think a lot of it comes down to the mane, which can be tricky to get right.

Yes, the mane is not only hard to get correctly as it turns hard to understand the correct proportions of the head/body when a sculptor tries to do it. Sometimes it also does not help getting the neck correctly once it is somewhat hidden. It may explain why lionesses are often better rendered. cat

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 8:00 am

I agree there is something odd with that model but this is a brave pose Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 10:07 am

thank you for these usefull pictures V.V.! :)
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 3:12 am

Caracal wrote:
thank you for these usefull pictures V.V.! :)

Glad you are enjoying them!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 3:12 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I agree there is something odd with that model but this is a brave pose Applause

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround   Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Eikoh Lion Figure Walkaround
Page 1 of 1