Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA for Breyer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

CollectA for Breyer? Empty
PostSubject: CollectA for Breyer?   CollectA for Breyer? EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 11:40 pm

A couple of my CollectA models (turkey, mute swan) also have Breyer sticker stamped on them and/or their paperwork. Did CollectA make figures for Breyer? Did Breyer buy the rights to them? Curious about the relationship and which came first? I am pretty sure they are original CollectA models. CollectA is what is engraved on the figure, and the Breyer is an ink stamp.

thanks
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: CollectA for Breyer?   CollectA for Breyer? EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 3:07 am

Didn't Breyers/Reeves Int'l buy CollectA, or distribution rights in the US for them, or something? I've read of some relationship recently. Hope that it increases access to CollectA in the US!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA for Breyer?   CollectA for Breyer? EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 12:33 pm

You can find the answer in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I suspect it is the reason why horses and prehistoric are taking advantage in recent releases over wildlife.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA for Breyer?   CollectA for Breyer? EmptySun Nov 17, 2019 2:04 pm

thanks, that thread helped. So they way I read it is that Breyer has taken over for North American distribution of a few lines, including Farm (which is why the turkey and swan are stamped like that)
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA for Breyer?   CollectA for Breyer? EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 10:40 pm

This is why it remains so difficulty to obtain CollectA in the US and Canada. Prior to 2016, CollectA US handled distribution in the USA and Canada, but when Reeves Int. got the distribution rights, they were only interested in absorbing the Horses into their Breyer Horse lines and adding some of the farm animals to their companion lines. They do offer some of the wild life figures and some of the prehistoric life figures, but not many new releases of either. I have tried repeatedly to become a retailer for their CollectA figures, since I was a CollectA retailer in the past, but they have not been at all interested as yet (probably because I don't have any interest in carrying Breyer - but horses in general have never sold well for me). Hopefully, in the future, Reeves can be persuaded to expand their interests to include more prehistoric, modern, and sea life figures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA for Breyer?   CollectA for Breyer? Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA for Breyer?
Page 1 of 1