Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Importance of Brett’s Service

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

The Importance of Brett’s Service Empty
PostSubject: The Importance of Brett’s Service   The Importance of Brett’s Service EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 1:32 am

Today, Brett sent out an email mentioning that some of his customers have not been paying for their orders, and his source is considering quitting due to the losses. Obviously we do not know who is failing to go through with their orders (or if they’re members here), but I thought I’d take a moment to express how important Brett’s service is to my collection. I have saved so much money and received so many rare figures. Without his service, my collection would not be what it is. I also have met other users both on STS, FB, and IG who have found Brett’s service to be a godsend. I think it is very disappointing that his service is in jeopardy. If you don’t have the money to pay for your order immediately upon receiving final totals, please don’t order from Brett at all. If I’m not mistaken, one of his sources is a single mother who has this side-hustle to help herself financially. Please be a courteous collector and pay what you owe!

PS: My profile photo is of the Yujin Miracle Planet Kimberella. This figure is one of my holy grails and I wouldn’t have gotten it without Brett. I was searching for it for 7 years!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Brett’s Service   The Importance of Brett’s Service EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 11:01 am

That is very sad. I can not understand why some collectors do these things.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Brett’s Service   The Importance of Brett’s Service EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Anytime I read something like that it makes me really sad. I know Brett's service is being quite helpful to loads of collectors of this forum and other boards and it is also hard for me to understand why these things happen.
I've never used Brett's service just because I have no money to get everything I like, so I avoid such a rich world as the Japanese animal figures represent. I obviously agree that if there's no money to pay, just don't order it from Brett, people is not acquiring from a direct source what means Brett will be charged with figures he has to pay.
I also have no idea who is in fault but I am sure it is not a STS-Forum thing once nobody belongs exactly to any particular place, we all belong to the same community and most are active in multiple boards. Oportunistic people is everywhere and sometimes it may also be young people depending from parents money as it happened in the past.
I am not even a seller but I have already offered my help to find some figures locally and after acquiring these figures, the person who asked for help ended loosing interest in it. Though, it was always the exception and it happened always with members with a vestigial or nule activity. With the regular members, everything was always quite fair.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Brett’s Service   The Importance of Brett’s Service EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 12:56 am

Though it's been years since I've bought through Brett, he and his partners provide an invaluable service, and I for one am deeply grateful. Without him, I wouldn't have all the goldfish i have, and they bring me joy. I haven't bought from him for awhile for the simple reason i haven't had as much money for frivolities- please people, practice a little courtesy and if you can't afford it or aren't sure about wanting it don't request it!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Brett’s Service   The Importance of Brett’s Service EmptyMon Jan 13, 2020 4:02 pm

Yes, it is very sad ! Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Importance of Brett’s Service   The Importance of Brett’s Service Empty

Back to top Go down

The Importance of Brett’s Service
Page 1 of 1