Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retired Museums?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 5:20 pm

As we probably know some major brands release figures with different or updated paintjobs, but do brands store old figures in sort of private museums?

Does anyone have information that brands do this? And how amazing it would be to see the entire range ever made from a certain brand.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 6:28 pm

They store some prototypes and obviously the original moulds are kept as long as they are reusable.
I have myself a golden eagle and a lion from Mojö Fun, both were never released but I was lucky to receive one of the few they have in their facilities.
To call museums to the place where they store their models is probably not correct but wasn't it Bullyland that had a museum?

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 7:20 pm

Roger wrote:

I have myself a golden eagle and a lion from Mojö Fun, both were never released

Wow, that's an enormous luck!
How I could have the Kaiyodo Aquatales polyresin Mississippi paddlefish that never was released? Razz

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 4:34 am

Bullyland used to have the museum BULLYWORLD , but it was closed when Mr Klaus retired and sold the compagny. Crying or Very sad

It never opened again, but Bullyland ( or what is left of it ) has now changed name to BULLYWORLD Very Happy

Advicot

Advicot

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:15 am

That's very interesting indeed. Is it possible [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can show me the lion and the golden eagle! Ever since I lost my Schleich golden eagle I've been on the hunt for a new one, sadly Japanese companies are hard to get and Safari have retired theirs.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 8:15 am

It is a pity that the Bully museum closed.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], as I told you, this figure is not available and you will probably not find it. Unless you repaint a Mojö Fun bald eagle.
Golden eagles are popular animals, soon or later one of the major compaines will introduce one in their range.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Roger

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 8:34 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Roger wrote:

How I could have the Kaiyodo Aquatales polyresin Mississippi paddlefish that never was released? Razz

Well, I am far from being the only collector with unreleased figures.
Susanne, for instance, have several Bullyland figures, made of cork, that were never released and she even gave some to forum friends, myself included. Other collectors have some figures clearly marked with brand name and we can't find them in any catalogue. It is all to show that companies keep their models and often some experimental figures as these corckies from Bullyland. Do you have a friend working for Kaiyodo? Wink

Advicot

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 10:37 am

I know it wasn't available, but thanks for the pic. Did they want to release the golden instead of the bald? Or both?

I wish I had friends working for a brand. It would certainly get ideas for figures put into consideration, and anyone else whom asked.

I do however own some exclusive Schleich stuff, given to employees.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Roger wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:
Roger wrote:

Well, I am far from being the only collector with unreleased figures.
Susanne, for instance, have several Bullyland figures, made of cork, that were never released and she even gave some to forum friends, myself included. Other collectors have some figures clearly marked with brand name and we can't find them in any catalogue. It is all to show that companies keep their models and often some experimental figures as these corckies from Bullyland. Do you have a friend working for Kaiyodo? Wink
You are very lucky to have two unreleased prototypes from a major brand company! The golden eagle is quite beautiful! It's a dream of mine to someday own an unreleased figure or even an original sculpt from a major brand company. 

I am honored to have two original tenite sculpts from the vintage MARX toy company that I absolutely adore. One is a wolf and the other a fox both originally made for their 60mm Forest animal set but never released. Both of them came directly from the sculpting room of their Glendale plant in Virginia. At one time there was a museum showcasing all of the toys MARX produced over the years but unfortunately it was closed in recent years.  Sad

Advicot

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 2:17 pm

I do also have some exclusive Schleich, such as two gorgeous but slightly incorrect female ratites and one leucistic baby giraffe.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Advicot wrote:
I do also have some exclusive Schleich, such as two gorgeous but slightly incorrect female ratites and one leucistic baby giraffe.

Ohh ! Please may we see (a) picture(s) ??? bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 6:14 pm

We have an excellent topic where people can [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] bounce

Advicot wrote:
I know it wasn't available, but thanks for the pic. Did they want to release the golden instead of the bald? Or both?

I wish I had friends working for a brand. It would certainly get ideas for figures put into consideration, and anyone else whom asked.

I do however own some exclusive Schleich stuff, given to employees.

No, the original figure for their regular range was always the bald eagle. The golden eagle variation was intended to be a limited commemorative edition for a certain Air Force.
Due to the enthusiasm my figure received among forum members, Mojö Fun considered to put in their regular range but, as the mould is not up to their quality standards for a golden eagle, namely the lack of legs feathering, they didn't want to use this same mould to two different species. I don't know if they will ever introduce it in their regular range but I am more leaned to believe they'll not. The lion is a completely different mould, they just were not happy with the final result and decided to release a different one.

Advicot

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 6:17 pm

Ok, to be honest they are not that exciting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as they are the same mould as 14610,14744 and 14751 but I'll get you some photos by Monday, as a storm is forecast and I'm away from home. The storm will cause traffic disruption, and horrendous wind at 70+ mph

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Retired Museums? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retired Museums?   Retired Museums? Empty

Back to top Go down

Retired Museums?
Page 1 of 1