Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA

Go down 
+5
Advicot
Roger
Pardofelis
Steve170
RtasVadumee
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA Empty
PostSubject: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Hi friends,

I create this topic here because I think it will get more visibility.

I am planning to get a lot of Mojo figures since I have just found a seller in Europe (in Germany) on ebay : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But I need to know what size these figures are compared to my Schleich, CollectA and Papo figures.

That's why I need you ! cheers

Please, could you provide me with pictures of Mojo animals alongside Schleich, CollectA and Papo animals of similar species.

For example, I would need :

- Mojo Gaur [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich African buffalo [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or CollectA Water buffalo [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Proboscis [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to a Schleich Mandrill or Baboon
- Mojo Great horned owl [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich last Eagle owl [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Arabian oryx [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich Gemsbok [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or CollectA Scimitar oryx [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Iberian lynx [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich 2010 Eurasian lynx female [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Emu [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich last Ostrich [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and CollectA Cassowary [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Sun bear [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to a Schleich Brown bear (a recent one if possible)
- Mojo Brazilian tapir [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to CollectA Baird's tapir [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo African wild dog [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich last Hyena [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Indian pangolin [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich Giant pangolin [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Coral snake [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich last Cobra [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or Rattlesnake [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Clouded leopard [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Papo Snow leopard [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or Schleich 2013 Black panther [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or Schleich 2007 Leopard [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Two-toed sloth [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich Three-toed sloth [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and if possible CollectA 2020 Three toed sloth if you already have it
- Mojo Honey badger [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to a Schleich Badger or Raccoon or CollectA African civet [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or any Schleich or Collecta mulstelidae/procyonidae/viverridae
- Mojo Ring-tailed lemurs [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to Schleich Ring-tailed lemur [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Stoat [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or Hermine [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to the old Schleich Marten [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or Ferret [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Grey seal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to a recent Schleich Harbor seal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Mojo Pronhorn [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next to any Scleich or Collecta antelope or deer

Or any other comparison pic you may find relevant Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 10:05 pm

I cannot take any new pictures right now but I can give you these. They aren't exactly what you were after but they could help...

Coral snake near to the Schleich Cobra, iberian lynx near papo lynx and snow leopard, African wild dog near some other canines...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 10:18 pm

Oh thank you very much Steve cheers

Isn't the Safari Clouded leopard much better than the Mojo one ?

You can send me more pics when you are able to take new ones Very Happy

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 10:37 pm

The body is of equal lenght but Baird's is much more stocky and overall the head is much more thick and big! However both are realistic!

I don't have any brown bear in my collection but maybe this pic is enough for you:

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 10:44 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:

No problem, yes I have not seen the mojo clouded leopard in person but the safari one looks to be much better.

Ha, I will do, though I don't have the exact ones you are asking to compare with I will improve on these.

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 10:56 pm

Thank you so much Pardofelis !

Yes, the bears pic is just perfect ! The Sun bear is too big compared to the other two but I am not surprised considering how small Sun bears are in real life !

Isn't the Brazilian tapir supposed to be larger than the Baird's ? Also, is your figure a male or a female ?

Steve170 wrote:
RtasVadumee wrote:

No problem, yes I have not seen the mojo clouded leopard in person but the safari one looks to be much better.

Ha, I will do, though I don't have the exact ones you are asking to compare with I will improve on these.

You can send me any comparison pic you want, it is always interesting to see different models from different brands next to each other Surprised
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 11:40 pm

You can find loads of comparison pictures on Mojö's section. Though, it takes some time to find everything you want.
Here you have the emu by Susanne.

If I have the chance, I may take a comparison of the pangolins but they are almost the same size.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyMon Feb 17, 2020 11:53 pm

I will have a look at the Mojo section.

Thank you for the Emu and Ostrich pic. Unfortunately, the Emu is way too large compared to the Ostrich but I may not resist the temptation of having an Emu in my collection...

It seems to me that, generally speaking, Mojo has larger figures than Schleich and CollectA (which both share the same scale)...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 12:21 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
I will have a look at the Mojo section.

Thank you for the Emu and Ostrich pic. Unfortunately, the Emu is way too large compared to the Ostrich but I may not resist the temptation of having an Emu in my collection...

It seems to me that, generally speaking, Mojo has larger figures than Schleich and CollectA (which both share the same scale)...

Generally speaking they are almost all the same size of Schleich and Papo but there are a few exceptions as it is the koala, new chimpanzee and a few more. Though, the most part are identical. If Schleich ever makes an emu, it will not be much smaller than the Schleich ostrich. You can see that Schleich is also not consistent with their figure sizes., Susanne, have just posted [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pictures coparing old and new Schleich okapis and reindeers. The old okapi is clearly larger than the newer one while the new reindeer is noticiably larger than the older one. Laughing
You will also see that the Mojö ratel is a fairly small figure.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 10:41 am

Thanks for the topic, most Schleich 2020 new figures are not available in my town yet so I had not seen the Reindeer yet.

It does not fit well with my CollectA Caribou, that's a serious issue... However, I need to replace my old Schleich Reindeer and I do not display the Reindeer and the Caribou next to each other (they are on different continents) so I guess I can still buy it, what do you think ?

I do not really agree, Schleich has always been very consistent with their figure sizes until recently with their bigger Lynx or their bigger Reindeer. The old Okapi was an exception, such as Elephants which have always been too small in every brands or birds which have always been too large. To my mind, that's a major difference between Schleich and Papo. Papo does not respect scale at all with their too large antelopes, too large hippos, Leopard/Black panther larger than Snow leopard... Collecta then, respects size differences and has almost exactly the same scale than Schleich except some birds which are even bigger than Schleich ones (like the Secretary which is taller than the Cassowary...)

I think Schleich and CollectA are the most compatible brands as far as figures size is concerned, that is one of the main reasons why I chose them to be the core of my collection. That's also why I do not buy most of Papo beautiful figures : they are often too big compared to mine Mad

As far as the Emu is concerned, what bothers me most is that it is larger than the Cassowary next to which I will display it (in Oceania) while both birds are supposed to be roughly the same size in the wild...

The Emu was supposed to be part of the first bunch of Mojo I would get... I do not know what to do Mad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Well, I could give you a long dissertation showing how illusive is our perception of how compatible figures are but there are a lot of discussion around this subject already on forum.
Even when you watch pictures of real animals, if you see a picture with two emus, probably one is larger than the other. We are always talking about average or maximum sizes. Some particular species have populations with different sizes. I think that as long as the figures are not unpleasantly disproportional, the sizes will always work nicely as it happens, in my opinion, with the last picture you're showing.
I really recomend you to get the Mojö emu or the Southlands, they are great figures and there is no other emu that works better with your Schleich+CollectA collection.

Jason's pic with Mojo and Southlands emu figures

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 1:29 pm

I think you're right. After all, my Emperor penguins are too small compared to Gentoo, Rockhopper and African and it does not bother me that much... As you say, "as long as the figures are not unpleasantly disproportional" it might be ok.

I tend to be very careful because I really don't want to buy undisplayable figures. For instance, I bought the Papo Impala because I absolutely wanted to add a new species in my collection but it is larger than the Schleich Kudu and most of CollectA African antelopes and thus, cannot appear in my African diorama with the Schleich water hole. I also bought the Black-crested macaque from Mojo because this brand is almost impossible to find in France and I did not want to miss the opportunity of getting this only figure I found while I was on holidays... But it is the same size as my Schleich Gorillas and thus, I simply do not display it...

Anyway, I would have loved to read your long dissertation lol!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Exactly, you've got it! I see you had already negative experiences. I have both Papo impala and Mojo crested macaque and I assume they are large even for my personal likings. Though, they are very nice figures and interesting species, I couldn't miss them.
Here you have the Mojö honey badger with the Schleich wolverine. If you don't have the wolverine, I can take a picture with the CollectA civet.

... and Schleich giant pangolin with Mojö Indian pangolin

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Thank you for these new pics !

Yes, I have the wolverine, I think I may have 60-70% of all figures made by Schleich and the only two wild species I miss from this brand are probably the King penguin and the European hare.

The honey badger is not such a nice figure, it is a bit too bright/shiny like old Schleich or old Papo figures but the Indian pangolin is gorgeous even if it's a bit too large.

As far as the Impala is concerned, I think CollectA will make one in the future, it is typically the kind of species they would choose.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 5:52 pm

The tapir is unsexed, if you want you can made it pass for a female.

Roger wrote:

Fairly small? I always rejected any honey badger for my collection because I've tought that they're too big. But I did soooo many exceptions already that this may be one more. Could you post a pic of a Mojo ratel compared with, for example, CollectA black-backed jackal?

RtasVadumee wrote:
I do not really agree, Schleich has always been very consistent with their figure sizes (....) The old Okapi was an exception, such as Elephants which have always been too small in every brands or birds which have always been too large.

The two parts of your sentence are contradictory. First you ensure that Schleich is consistent with their figure sizes (none brand in the world is), and following that you put some of the tons of examples that break this rule Razz

RtasVadumee wrote:
For instance, I bought the Papo Impala because I absolutely wanted to add a new species in my collection but it is larger than the Schleich Kudu

That's why I don't have and will not have this impala nor this kudu. (The impala, besides the size, also because of the ugly horns). I'm waiting that some brand do in the future some enough decent examples of each for get these species. Papo kudu have the correct size, but I also reject it because of the horns.
I have, however, the Mojo black macaque, as well as other oversized figures (CollectA babirusa and fennec, Bullyland Asian black bear...) and undersized (Papo elephant seal, big cetaceans of any brand...). I think that if a figure is enough exciting for me (a combination of how much I like the species, how accurate is the model, how easily available I find it and other factors), then I will buy it despite being disproportionate, except if it's really very very disproportionate (I will never buy a nudibranch), and with big whales I can even accept this disproportion.

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 8:19 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
The two parts of your sentence are contradictory. First you ensure that Schleich is consistent with their figure sizes (none brand in the world is), and following that you put some of the tons of examples that break this rule

Yes, but I meant that Schleich and CollectA are consistent with their figure sizes except for species with which no brand is, like very small animals or very large ones. Again, the okapi is an exception.

To me, there is a huge difference between Schleich and CollectA which stay consistent with "most" of their figures size and Papo that does not respect scale inside of an animal family or between species of the same size in the wild, like for example a snow leopard much smaller than a leopard, itself larger than a jaguar, or an oryx much larger than a zebra. But it might just be a personal feeling.

Pardofelis wrote:
That's why I don't have and will not have this impala nor this kudu. (The impala, besides the size, also because of the ugly horns). I'm waiting that some brand do in the future some enough decent examples of each for get these species. Papo kudu have the correct size, but I also reject it because of the horns.

The Schleich Kudu is more compatible with some of CollectA African antelopes like the giant sable antelope but Papo's fits better with others like the waterbuck. But I won't say anything more because then, you will point my contradictions out again lol!

Yes, scale is not an exact science as far as animal figures are concerned tongue

Pardofelis wrote:
I have, however, the Mojo black macaque, as well as other oversized figures (CollectA babirusa and fennec, Bullyland Asian black bear...) and undersized (Papo elephant seal, big cetaceans of any brand...). I think that if a figure is enough exciting for me (a combination of how much I like the species, how accurate is the model, how easily available I find it and other factors), then I will buy it despite being disproportionate, except if it's really very very disproportionate (I will never buy a nudibranch), and with big whales I can even accept this disproportion.

Actually, I decide wether to buy or not more or less like you.

I accept disproportion if the animal is really big or really small in real. For example, I bought Papo kingfisher although it is half the size of my Schleich raven, because I know Papo could not make it smaller. I also accept that proportion between two similar species is not respected if the larger species remains larger. For example, I would not have bought CollectA gentoo penguin if it had been taller than my emperor penguin, even if my emperor is still not large enough compared to CollectA gentoo.

Availability is also a main criteria : I would never order a disproportionate figure online while I can easily buy one in my favourite shops, just because I get bored and need to buy something.

However, I would NEVER buy a figure that would look ridiculous next to similar species, even if the species really appeals to me. Thus, I had to renounce to CollectA Diana monkey or Papo golden lion tamarin because they would have looked ridiculous next to my Schleich mandrills and squirrel monkey.

Concerning sea animals like the sea elephant and big whales, I highly recommend you the Schleich 1:32 sealife series. These figures are gorgeous, especially the humpback, sperm and grey whales, and their size is compatible with the other Schleich animals. However, they may be difficult to find nowadays (fortunately, I got them during my childhood).
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 8:28 pm

I would also like to see Mojo tamandua next to Schleich giant anteater if someone has them in his/her collection.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 8:45 pm

Pardofelis wrote:

Roger wrote:

Fairly small? I always rejected any honey badger for my collection because I've tought that they're too big. But I did soooo many exceptions already that this may be one more. Could you post a pic of a Mojo ratel compared with, for example, CollectA black-backed jackal?

My jackal is on holidays so I used the Schleich cheetah. I hope it is enough to give you a good impression of ratel's size.
Please don't use my bad pictures to judge the quality of the honey badger. It is a finely sculpted figure with a very delicate texture, much liks a resin figure. That's the reason why it needed a glossy finish.

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 9:09 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:

Yes, but I meant that Schleich and CollectA are consistent with their figure sizes except for species with which no brand is, like very small animals or very large ones. Again, the okapi is an exception.

To me, there is a huge difference between Schleich and CollectA which stay consistent with "most" of their figures size and Papo that does not respect scale inside of an animal family or between species of the same size in the wild, like for example a snow leopard much smaller than a leopard, itself larger than a jaguar, or an oryx much larger than a zebra. But it might just be a personal feeling.

Or a Schleich tiger only very slightly larger than a Schleich cheetah...

I see that you have almost identical criteria to me for buying models.
However, the diana monkey is perfect in size. It's the Schleich squirrel monkey, and even more the Papo golden lion tamarin, who are enormous. But diana monkey is perfectly adequate compared with Schleich mandrill (I have both)

Yes, I keep in mind these Schleich whales (except sperm whale, that I already have from CollectA). Humpback is a difficult decission as which one to choose, but the Schleich one is one of the best. Grey whale I dislike because the white dots on the flippers but otherwise it's the best grey whale in the trade.

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 9:10 pm

Roger wrote:

My jackal is on holidays so I used the Schleich cheetah. I hope it is enough to give you a good impression of ratel's size.
Please don't use my bad pictures to judge the quality of the honey badger. It is a finely sculpted figure with a very delicate texture, much liks a resin figure. That's the reason why it needed a glossy finish.

That is GREAT!!!!! Mojo ratel added to my future purchase list from now!!! Big thanks!

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 11:19 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
However, the diana monkey is perfect in size. It's the Schleich squirrel monkey, and even more the Papo golden lion tamarin, who are enormous. But diana monkey is perfectly adequate compared with Schleich mandrill (I have both)

Oh, please Pardofelis, can I have a picture of the Diana monkey next to Schleich mandrill ?! cheers

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:43 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
I would also like to see Mojo tamandua next to Schleich giant anteater if someone has them in his/her collection.

I have the Schleich giant anteater but it went on holidays with the CollectA jackal, I believe the Schleich armadillo works as well.

Schleich nine-banded armadillo and Mojö Fun Southern tamandua

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:52 pm

You cannot imagine how happy I am.

The tamandua was one of the Mojo figures I wanted the most beside the Gaur, the African wild dog and the sun bear but I was CONVINCED it was way too large compared with my Schleich.

However it is just PERFECT cheers
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 10:19 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Pardofelis wrote:

Oh, please Pardofelis, can I have a picture of the Diana monkey next to Schleich mandrill ?! cheers

Here is it! :)

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 10:26 pm

Because of you two I'm going to be broke very soon No

lol! That's our goal and welcome to the club. Wink
OK, I will give you some truces because I know this is a species you're not interested in.

Mojö Fun beaver and Schleich beaver
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA   Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo figures scale compared to Schleich, Papo and CollectA
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next