Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands

Go down 
+17
rogerpgvg
spacelab
Duck-Anch-Amun
Saarlooswolfhound
Pepi
Bonnie
lucky luke
Kikimalou
SerAndrew
costicuba
Pardofelis
Advicot
bmathison1972
Steve170
SUSANNE
RtasVadumee
Roger
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands Empty
PostSubject: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 4:05 pm

Here are some pictures I compiled from several threads that show Safari "standard" figures compared with other brands.
The topic can be enriched with other pictures. Those showing "extreme" cases are particularly useful.

Clouded leopard, Mojö and Safari by Whitelightening-wolf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mojo stoat and Safari long-tailed weasel by VexVamp

Safari snub-nosed monkey with many other monkeys from other brands by bloodrayne

Safari and Schleich jaguars by Kikimalou

Schleich Indian rhino and Safari Sumatran rhino by Susanne

Bullyland moon bear, Mojö sun bear and Safari moon bear by Dutsch Bear

Safari Arctic hare with others by Susanne

Mojö, Safari and Eikoh sloths by Susanne

Papo polar wolf and Safari dingo by WhiteLightening Wolf

Schleich, Papo, Safari and Bullyland red deers by Susanne

Starlux, Safari, CollectA and Yowie UK kassowari by Susanne

Mojö Iberian lynx, Safari Canada lynx and bobcat and CollectA Eurasian lynx by Susanne

Wild boars, Mojö, CollectA, Papo, Bullyland, Lineol, Safari and Schleich by Susanne

Safari Arctic wolf and Schleich grey wolf by Kikimalou

Schleich, Papo and Safari raccoons by Saarlooswolfhound

Safari and Schleich Indian rhinos by Kikimalou

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 5:20 pm

Nice ! I love the Arctic wolf, better than its Schleich counterpart.

Could you please add those comparison pictures :
- Safari peccary next to a Schleich or CollectA wild pig
- Safari harpy eagle next to a Schleich bird of prey (like the condor for example)
- Safari north American porcupine next to a Schleich badger, raccoon or else
- Safari serval next to a Schleich felidae
- Safari honey badger next to a Schleich mustelidae or Mojo honey badger
- Safari pangolin next to Schleich pangolin or Mojo pangolin
- Safari coyote next to a Schleich canidae
- Safari basking shark next to Schleich 1:32 whale shark or Papo whale shark
- Safari American badger next to a Schleich mustelidae
- Safari wallaby next to a Schleich or Papo kangaroo
- Safari black howler next to Schleich squirrel monkey
- Safari anhinga next to a Schleich pelican
- Safari king vulture next to a Schleich bird of prey (like the condor again)
- Safari harp seal next to a Schleich seal
- Safari Sunfish next to a Schleich shark
- Safari cockatoo next to a Schleich macaw
- Safari grey squirrel next to a Schleich or CollectA squirrel

I may find new ones to ask you Twisted Evil

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 7:25 pm

I just had these on my shelf, - Safari and Mojo .

About the Safari pangolin, - mine is packed away, but it is MUCH larger than the others. Very Happy

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Ok, thanks Susanne.

It will be Mojo for me, although the Safari is obviously better.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 9:40 pm

I am overposting but it is easier for me to use this way than put all at once.
Now two antagonistic examples.
The clearly too large Virginia Opossum and the nicely sized wallaby.

Safari opossum and Schleich koala

Papo kangaroo and Safari wallaby

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 10:00 pm

Comparison pictures are always so interesting. I had always imagined the safari clouded leopard to be much bigger than mojos.

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyTue Feb 18, 2020 11:24 pm

Thank you so much for this topic Roger.

I will probably buy the Safari wallaby thanks to you.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 1:55 am

I'll try to contribute to this thread later tonight...
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 2:31 am

Here are seven more:

1. Schleich European badger and Safari North American porcupine:

2. Schleich European badger and Safari North American badger:

3. Schleich pelican and Safari anhinga:

4. CollectA red squirrel and Safari eastern grey squirrel:

5. Papo whale shark and Safari basking shark:

6. Schleich squirrel monkey and Safari black howler:

7. Safari harp seal and Schleich harbor seal:

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 am

Great comparisons again cheers

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 10:17 am

So many are compatible with mine, that's a good news !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 11:30 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
Thank you so much for this topic Roger.

I will probably buy the Safari wallaby thanks to you.

I am glad this topic is being useful and it is so great that more people is providing pictures. You can see from Blaine's that the grey squirrel, for instance, is quite large. The American badger is large too although the pose makes it appear smaller.
The wallaby is a perfect choice. When we adopt a different brand, we always find strange everything that do not matches what we are used. The size, painting, finish, etc. The wallaby is a figure that will not shock with any of your Schleich and CollectA. You should consider also the African wild dog, it is a remarkable species and it can't be found in the range of these two brands.
Here goes one more picture, this one is larger than desired but I enjoy having it.

Schleich cheetah and Safari serval

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 12:47 pm

Really very helpful for the comparisons, it seems I will be getting the Indian rhino by Safari to complete this species. Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 pm

One more, sorry the flash do not help too much the CollectA wombat.
Looking forward to see if the Schleich wombat deserves to be a part of this family.

CollectA common wombat and Safari Ltd Southern hairy-nosed wombat

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:12 pm

Roger wrote:
Looking forward to see if the Schleich wombat deserves to be a part of this family.

I was looking for this exact pic for ages! Safari hairy-nosed re-added again to my future purchase list now Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:23 pm

This wombat was the very first figure I got from CollectA with the Tasmanian devil.

Roger wrote:
I am glad this topic is being useful and it is so great that more people is providing pictures. You can see from Blaine's that the grey squirrel, for instance, is quite large. The American badger is large too although the pose makes it appear smaller.
The wallaby is a perfect choice. When we adopt a different brand, we always find strange everything that do not matches what we are used. The size, painting, finish, etc. The wallaby is a figure that will not shock with any of your Schleich and CollectA. You should consider also the African wild dog, it is a remarkable species and it can't be found in the range of these two brands.
Here goes one more picture, this one is larger than desired but I enjoy having it.

Now I do not know if I should buy Safari or Mojo figures for my next order lol!

The serval is nice but I'll pass on this one.

I really like Mojo African wild dog, I may choose this one rather than Safari's
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyWed Feb 19, 2020 9:28 pm

Arrrw ! Roger, they are so cute together drunken I love you

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 10:26 am

Porcupines cheers

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 10:42 am

Thanks Susanne. I'm glad I chose the Schleich Indian one because it is more compatible with Safari's North American.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Roger wrote:

Schleich, Papo and Safari raccoons by Saarlooswolfhound

OK...I think I will pursue the Papo raccoon. The size looks good after all!
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Roger wrote:

I was looking for this exact pic for ages! Safari hairy-nosed re-added again to my future purchase list now Very Happy

One of my favourite shops has received the new Schleich wombat. I couldn't take pictures because I have no smartphone but I can tell you it is big, much larger than the CollectA one. It is larger than the last Schleich koala and larger than, let's say the Schleich wolverine.

However, considering that a common wombat is about one metre in lenght and can weigh up to 40 kg, it may be more accurately sized than CollectA's, especially compared with CollectA Tasmanian devil which is the size of CollectA wombat if not larger, while it is only 60 cm and 8 kg in real.
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 7:49 pm

I have never seen a wombat (no French zoo has) but I really think its size is not exaggerated after watching this video :

The main issue for me is going to be the colour of the figure since it is much paler and much more greyish than CollectA's.

I was planning to pair them (a big male with a small female) but I am not sure at all it will fit...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Another comparison, this time these two wonderful capybaras, another species that can not be found on Papo and Schleich ranges.
Collecta Capybara and Safari capybaras

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Roger wrote:
Another comparison, this time these two wonderful capybaras, another species that can not be found on Papo and Schleich ranges.

I am happy with the CollectA figure, but I wish the Safari was still readily available. I think I like it a bit more. Kaiyodo has a recent nice one, but a bit small.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands EmptyThu Feb 20, 2020 9:33 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:

I am happy with the CollectA figure, but I wish the Safari was still readily available. I think I like it a bit more. Kaiyodo has a recent nice one, but a bit small.

There is also the Mojö Fun figure, often forgoten but nice, maybe not as nice as these two predecessors.
It is very hard for me to choose but whilst happy with my CollectA, I could not refuse the Safari. I have both to remember that there are two species of capybaras and the CollectA figure could work as a lesser capybara. Obviously none is devoted to the species and likely both are common capybaras. Lesser capybaras do not have any special morphological difference besides being smaller in average, so, unlikely we will have a piece of that particular species.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next