Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands

Go down 
+17
rogerpgvg
spacelab
Duck-Anch-Amun
Saarlooswolfhound
Pepi
Bonnie
lucky luke
Kikimalou
SerAndrew
costicuba
Pardofelis
Advicot
bmathison1972
Steve170
SUSANNE
RtasVadumee
Roger
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2020 5:38 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:

Arrrhw drunken

I want a tame wombat bounce I love you

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Papo and Safari black swan   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 8:23 pm

The Safari black swan with its correct white wing ends was released in 2000 compared to the Papo figure which has no white wing ends and was released in 2010. These two figures are retired, and hard to find. Here's the pair: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Does anyone have a comparison pic of the Safari American flamingo and the Papo greater flamingo? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:41 pm

Here Blaine :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Thanks costicuba!!! Having recently learned the Safari figure was an American flamingo, I decided to hunt down a greater flamingo. The Papo one is a bit on the big size. I know they are technically larger than the American, but I hoped they would have been closer in size. I may hold off getting it for now, we shall see. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2020 11:01 pm

You are welcome. yes, even I like the Papo one,it is bigger ...and even with these thick legs, most of the models have standing problem, because of the soft plastic material .... Mine has it too . I have trade it many times with hot water, but specially during summer, it is going to the right side .

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 9:03 am

Does someone have the Bullyland flamingo so I can see it next to the Safari figure?

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 11:16 am

Or CollectA I don't mind

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 12:08 pm

Here you are Very Happy

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 12:34 pm

wow, the Bully figure actually scales better with the Safari figure!!!
Back to top Go down
SerAndrew

Country/State : Spain/Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 12:42 pm

One that may be useful, the humongous Safari's mandrill and the last Schleich's gorilla

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Thanks a bunch Susanne, it seems the Bullyland will be joining my American flamingo flock as the third member.

Now what is with the Safari mandrill?! It is ginormous! I considered it back in 2018 about purchasing it, now it is not coming anywhere near my collection!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 7:43 pm

Advicot wrote:
Thanks a bunch Susanne, it seems the Bullyland will be joining my American flamingo flock as the third member.

Now what is with the Safari mandrill?! It is ginormous! I considered it back in 2018 about purchasing it, now it is not coming anywhere near my collection!  

Yes, that mandrill is neither charming nor elegant nor.... well, poor monkey Crying or Very sad Laughing

SerAndrew

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Ey! Stop bullying my poor "little" monkey!
I like the desing, specially the face, I find it quite better than the old Schleich or actual Papo models. The problem is that I would prefered a more "blueyish" coat, instead of this one brown. And the size, ofc.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:24 pm

the mandrill is a great figure, it's just a tad too big for most of us. But the sculpt is great.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 9:56 pm

SerAndrew wrote:
Ey! Stop bullying my poor "little" monkey!
I like the desing, specially the face, I find it quite better than the old Schleich or actual Papo models. The problem is that I would prefered a more "blueyish" coat, instead of this one brown. And the size, ofc.

I think the body and pose are also nice, there's some life on it. monkey

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Hum, at las some sanity here! Thanks Roger and Blaine :)
Sure, the pose is also very nice, he is proudly showing his ____ Laughing
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2020 8:54 am

Yeah the figure is perfectly fine with a lovely sculpt and colours

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 7:59 am

I would be very interrested to watch a Safari Ltd new mandrill walkaround Very Happy Someone can help ?
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 9:08 am

Thank you very interesting friends trent Very Happy Applause cheers study Cool
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 6:11 pm

A few more pics.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 8:47 pm

Fantastic, Christophe! Rockhopper party! bounce

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 8:55 pm

Indeed, the good old time Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 10:20 pm

These gorillas looks so placid and pleased! :)

Thanks for the very useful comparison pics!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2021 8:40 am

Thank you Christophe!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands   papo - Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd "standard" sized figures in comparison with others from major brands
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next