Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collecta "Magical horses" ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? Empty
PostSubject: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 8:36 pm

It was quite a surprise for me to discover that CollectA has got UNICORNS in their 2019-catalogue affraid

Has anybody seen them anywhere ? Very Happy bounce

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 1:48 am

I've never seen CollectA for sale in a store, so I can't be sure, but I know they've partnered with Breyers some recently. I wonder if the unicorns might be Breyers unicorn molds?

Or maybe they've taken a page from Breyers playbook, and stuck horns on some of their existing molds.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 5:56 am

I got all four of them :)
They are wonderful !
I never tought , that I will buy unicorns for my self but, ... there I go ! Surprise Kostaa hahaha Laughing
Yes, the pink mother and girl are not exactly for boys like me ...
but please, don`t tell enybody , that I have pink unicorns in my collection hahaha lol!

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 6:06 am

pipsxlch wrote:
I've never seen CollectA for sale in a store, so I can't be sure, but I know they've partnered with Breyers some recently. I wonder if the unicorns might be Breyers unicorn molds?

Or maybe they've taken a page from Breyers playbook, and stuck horns on some of their existing molds.

No Kelly, they are original ColectA models :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 8:23 am

WOW ! Kosta !!! You need to show us pictures, - also for TAI cheers
When you have time, of course !
It will be so exiting to see them, and perhaps read your comments Very Happy

And be sure I won't tell anybody that the pink ones are yours lol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 11:45 am

costicuba wrote:

but please, don`t tell enybody , that I have pink unicorns in my collection hahaha lol!

lol! I love openminded people! If you enjoy them, why not? I used, as a boy, to make some clothes for my sister's dolls. Yes, not something that other boys of my age would be proud of, but I enjoyed so much to see how happy my little sister was anytime her favourite doll had a new dress.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptySun Feb 23, 2020 11:59 am

Roger wrote:
costicuba wrote:

lol! I love openminded people! If you enjoy them, why not? I used, as a boy, to make some clothes for my sister's dolls. Yes, not something that other boys of my age would be proud of, but I enjoyed so much to see how happy my little sister was anytime her favourite doll had a new dress.

Fun how some things are "boy" and some are "girl" Laughing
My previous neigbour designed and made clothes for their two daughters, - he was really good !
It was great to see this sturdy, hard-working man with tattoos and all, sitting there with his wife's sowing machine, his big hands handling it like a pro drunken
When I was 5 - 6 years old, my best friend was a boy, and we played as much with dolls as with soldiers and cars and plastic animals, - untill he was a couple of years older, and the fear of anybody finding out put an end to that Laughing Laughing

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 8:53 pm

Wow Roger, I didn`t know that you were also a designer for women`s clothes affraid cheers
Yes Susanne, this is actually a fun "boy" and "girl" .. and let me join the game also sharing this:
You don`t know about me, but 11 years ago, I was dancing on the national TV , dressed like woman ...
with wig and everything ...  lol!  Laughing

Last edited by costicuba on Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 9:03 pm

Picture ! Picture ! bounce bounce cheers Laughing

Well, you are in good compagny !
As far as I remeber it was very common at the time of Shakespeare Wink

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 9:05 pm

Hahahhaa Laughing lol!
Or maybe a video .. ? Laughing

I am searching if it`s somewere on Youtube ... but till now , I didn`t found it.
It is for sure on a bulgarian website like Youtube ... I will share it, but I am not sure if you can watch it there... scratch
Let me try :

https://www.vbox7.com/play:1dea21ce

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 9:29 pm

But remember, this was only a joke Laughing Wink

And now going back to the topic... at long last ... I found time to make photos of the "Magical horses"

Here they are.
Tadaaaaa :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sory for the not perfect photos, but I hope, they will help to give information about the models.
And I have to say sory, but I forgot to take photos with lego block for TAW.
I really hope , that still, these photos can be useful :)

A walkaround of every model :

And some comperation with other models :

So here they are ... my beautiful "Magical horses" by Collecta.
And ... as you promised ... don`t tell anyone , that I have pink unicorns in my collection ...
and also, that I was dancing dressed like a woman ... please monkey

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 9:40 pm

costicuba wrote:
Hahahhaa Laughing lol!
Or maybe a video .. ? Laughing

I am searching if it`s somewere on Youtube ... but till now , I didn`t found it.
It is for sure on a bulgarian website like Youtube ... I will share it, but I am not sure if you can watch it there... scratch
Let me try :

https://www.vbox7.com/play:1dea21ce

I can see a picture of a black haired lady with some very muscular arms affraid cheers lol!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 9:50 pm

Thankyou very much for the great pictures of the magical horses !! cheers
So good to see them on your great pictures, - I almost said "seeing them in real " Applause

They are beautyful, and I like the way they do not have too much "pattern".
They are metallic looking , aren't they ?
Good detail that the mares have gold hooves, while the stallions have silver .
There has clearly gone a lot of thought into the design of this family Applause

I will hurry and copy them for TAI bounce bounce

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Oh, you can`t watch the video ... Mad ... anyway , at least you saw me how I looked Very Happy

And I`m glad you like the "Magical horses".
Yes, they have this white color, which is like pearl effect and I like that.
Also one interesting thing , the symbols on every horse are actually Celtic knot or Sailor`s knot.
One thing, which is a bit too much for my taste is this brocade used on the tales and manes ,
which makes them look more for girls... but at the end, I think , this is the idea :)
I know also Schleich love to use brocade a lot Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 11:47 pm

I won't tell to anyone that you danced dressed like a woman but I am not sure I won't tell about the pink unicorns! Laughing Laughing
I've seen that video but I don't know where I saved it. scratch I tried to find the link through FB but I couldn't find there either. I think Susanne would surely enjoy to watch it.
These magical horses are really wonderful pieces, I like the way CollectA captured the magic touch of the subject without neglecting the nobleness of a horse. Thanks for your pictures, Kosta!

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 1:21 am

Hmm, if it`s from FB ... maybe you`ve seen it on my previous account, which was deleted unfortunatelly.
Can I ask , just for my information... this link, which I shared, is it working for you Roger ?
I am curious if this bulgarian website is wrking also for other countries scratch ... but if Susanne couldn`t open it... maybe it is not.
About the unicorns, I am glad you like them too and we both like them for the same reason :)

So, you are not sure, that you can keep the secret about my unicorns ... hmmm...
ok, ... but if you tell to somebody, then I will tell to him\her , that you actually like these unicorns too ...
and then, I will send all 4 of them to you,  as a gift . So I will not be the only one grown man, with girly toys lol!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 2:04 am

costicuba wrote:
Hmm, if it`s from FB ... maybe you`ve seen it on my previous account, which was deleted unfortunatelly.
Can I ask , just for my information... this link, which I shared, is it working for you Roger ?
I am curious if this bulgarian website is wrking also for other countries scratch ... but if Susanne couldn`t open it... maybe it is not.
About the unicorns, I am glad you like them too and we both like them for the same reason :)

So, you are not sure, that you can keep the secret about my unicorns ... hmmm...
ok, ... but if you tell to somebody, then I will tell to him\her , that you actually like these unicorns too ...
and then, I will send all 4 of them to you,  as a gift . So I will not be the only one grown man, with girly toys lol!

lol! I really would feel terribly embarrassed with an unicorn in my hands, I surely didn't know what to do with it. Embarassed
Unless you are referring to the supreme CollectA Elasmotherium. Wink tongue
But you are far from being the first grown up man with unicorns. I can remember some other masculine members on forum collecting them and obviously there isn't anything wrong in it. Besides that, these versions from CollectA are clearly also targeted for older custommers. They look much less toyish that some we often find from other makers.
Oh, that explains why I couldn't find your message. I have a few old messages from you as unknown user but the link is not there. Sad
I can't see the video either using the link you provided.

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 2:29 am

Roger wrote:

lol! I really would feel terribly embarrassed with an unicorn in my hands, I surely didn't know what to do with it. Embarassed
Unless you are referring to the supreme CollectA Elasmotherium. Wink tongue

Oh , I have the Elasmotherium too ... and I got it, not because I like it , ... but because I was so embarrassed, that I have pink unicorns,
so something had to make me feel a ''real man'' again .. and this Big boy got this job Laughing
And actually , it is so big, that I can hide the unicorns bihind it lol!

Oh Roger, of course you know what to do with the unicorns ... you will make a nice clothes for them ... but, please, make also for mine Very Happy cheers And then,  we can sit together...with cold beers in hands, talking about women and cars ...oh, and football too lol!

Thank you for the info about the video :)

p.s. Mamma mia ... I am sure, when Susanne see this conversation tomorrow, she will have a lot of material for a good laugh Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 4:39 am

Beautiful fun fantasy horses. I love all 4!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:59 am

costicuba wrote:

p.s. Mamma mia ... I am sure, when Susanne see this conversation tomorrow, she will have a lot of material for a good laugh Laughing

Tsk, tsk ! Suspect

lol! lol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 6:12 pm

lol! lol!
I love that you can hide your unicorns with your elasmotherium! Laughing
Well, as we can't meet and there is no football or things like that to discuss, I want to show you something recomended for a grown up man. Wink
Some time ago, while buying an animal figure from a Spanish seller, I've noticed she was selling also some cheap figures of Pinypon that you can find below with a green croc.
Why I bought these if they are not as magical or artistic as your unicorns?
They are quite simple and unexpressive.
Pinypon figures were a fever during 1980's in Portugal and Spain. These figures are already in its 4th generation, much more elaborated, but these of the first generation, shown below, were the exact same my sister used to play a lot as a child (same sister of the clothes).
She truly enjoyed to play with them and it brings back good memories.
When our interests are just those socially accepted, we loose our identity and we are just clones. Thus, the fact that you have a pink unicorn and that you show it to us, works to me as a demonstration of personality! cheers

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 10:17 pm

Oh Roger, I love these Pinypon ... especially the Croc is soooo cute cheers
They are wonderful.
Thank you for your comment and this pic :)

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 11:50 pm

costicuba wrote:
Oh Roger, I love these Pinypon ... especially the Croc is soooo cute cheers
They are wonderful.
Thank you for your comment and this pic :)

Pinypons are the boy and girl. The croc is a Portuguese model made by Maia & Borges to Concentra in 2009. It represents Crocas, a character of the children TV, Canal Panda. It is not even mine, it belongs to my niece, daughter of the mentioned sister. This kind of figures is a specialty of M&B.
Thanks for your comment, now two crocs are happy. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 8:28 am

Ohh, they are wonderful cheers

Never heard of them, but found lots of pictures of the present days ones the net.
These are so much more loveable IMHO Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecta "Magical horses" ?   horses - Collecta "Magical horses" ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Collecta "Magical horses" ?
Page 1 of 1