Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new palm tree scene

Go down 
+4
Kristie
skysthelimit
HKHollinstone
Philter4
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

A new palm tree scene Empty
PostSubject: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 pm

I have been out of town for a while and even though I have been checking the posts and even sometimes commenting, I have not had much time to work on my own projects. Since I have been back (today is exactly one week) I made a scene that was inspired by something I saw on my trip. I went home to FL to get away and check on things since it has been over 1 year since my last visit. One of the things I did while I was there was to take photos of the different trees and plants and to study how they grow together.

Here is a photo of something I saw over and over so I decided to use this as the base of the new piece. In the photo you are looking at a palmetto palm growing up and through a Bahamian cherry bush. Further back in the photo is another, older palm and behind that in the background are some Southern pines.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Everywhere I went there were palms that grew up and through thick underbrush so I decided my diorama needed one of these combinations. I also noticed that almost everything was growing in a cluster or group, I am not sure if it was because of the way we humans plant them (more then 1/2 the palm species I took photos of were from Madagascar because they do really well in the local FL conditions) but while out in the everglades where the above photo was taken no one plants them, the palm is native and the cherry naturalized from the Bahama's.

Here is the first one I did, I am working on a second one that has 4 species of plants and trees growing together, but it isn't finished yet, I'll post photos of it as soon as it is finished. In the mean time here is the photo of the palm and bush.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:18 pm

It looks really wonderful Phil - just like your photograph. Looking forward to seeing your second one.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 pm

Nice one Phil cheers

Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks, I'm glad you like it, here is a photo of the scene above with the new one I am working on, I used the first one to hide the areas that aren't done, there is going to be another palm behind that is shorter then the tallest one but taller and with bigger fronds then the middle sized ones as well as some other plants off to the right.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Oh it looks really great! I love those tall palm trees too.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:40 pm

WOW! That is fantastic, Phil!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Congratulation Phil. I was thinking: Hey, Phil didn't show anything those last weeks !

Always fantastic trees cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:19 am

Very very nice Phil! cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Congratulations Phil, always wonderful
the realism of your trees, a real treat for the eyes sunny
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:44 pm

They look absolutely amazing Phil. Great idea. Your picture has come to life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new palm tree scene   A new palm tree scene Empty

Back to top Go down

A new palm tree scene
Page 1 of 1