Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado

Go down 
+26
Markus
Birdsage
George
landrover
Arctinus
Rakel
Kikimalou
Bonnie
bmathison1972
lucky luke
Bloodrayne
Tiermann
costicuba
SerAndrew
Duck-Anch-Amun
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Pardofelis
Advicot
Caracal
spacelab
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
RtasVadumee
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 11:05 am

Wow, this was an exhausting post that to be honest I could not fully follow. Fishes are definitely not my thing, I don't even eat them.
I really enjoyed your big blue presentation, it's amazing how you achieved such a "complete" sea-life collection. Most of them are looking very realistic!

Applause
Back to top Go down
Markus

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 12:13 pm

Splendid topic. I really enjoyed reading it fully. This is the kind of posts that enrich this place and I think it should be apreciated.

About the fishes. I'm not particularly fond of the freshwaters, specially the salmonidaes, but the saltwaters are very good!

Happy birthday!!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 12:36 pm

Wow, 52 fish, that it amazing! Shocked I love the sound effects of the last video, very good for an underwater theme! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Thanks !

Bonnie, the tune is from a very beautiful French movie about diving and the appeal of the abyss. However, I don't recommend it to any of you because I'm pretty sure the only available English version is the American one in which the ending is completely different : they changed it into a stupid happy ending and purely and solely erased the whole reflection on suicide this movie was about Rolling Eyes

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 1:32 pm

What a kilometric message! Despite my fondness for realistic fish figurines I was unable to read it all at once Razz
First of all BIG CONGRATULATIONS for your birthday and you have the best present that you could imagine!!! Enjoy it!
As you know I planned to have Colorata fossil fish set + some other Japanese figures as auto-gift for my birthday and I calculated it so well that they arrived just the day before, but due to extreme complications with postal service these wished figurines were finally sent back to sender. I hope Brett can send them me again in september-october.
That red seabream is MUCH better than the Colorata saltwater fish one that I have (waiting since years ago to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for be traded by fossa and tapir...)
Same happens with other fishes I see, being Yujin much better than Colorata. However I prefair the Colorata mackerel over the Yujin one.
The Yujin pollock and alfonsino are in my wishlist. I also need the starry flounder, I had doubted about it in the past, but now seeing it in detail in your image I add again to my wishlist!

The pic of the groupers with Diana monkey is the best image ever uploaded to STS forum Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Like others here, I'm not very fond on freshwater fishes and my envy is bigger with the saltwater ones.
Finally, I enjoyed a LOT with your video (with the nice whale-like sounds playing orchestra), it allowed me to see your collection (or the aquatic part of it) and compare figures with others I already have and know. I think I need the Schleich scallop Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 2:16 pm

As always, a fantastic read - I set this one aside til after I'd been to spend the morning with the horses, as soon as I got to the reveal on the sheer number of fish, I knew it would take more time than I had at breakfast!

Particular stand-outs include the halibut, paradise fish, and the adorably ugly mudskippers, but my favourite has to be the lionfish, he's magnificent and so perfectly detailed, plus I think familiarity of the species helps - they're so iconic it's satisfying to see a really good model version, in a way you can't get when seeing an equally good rendition of a species you just hadn't seen before? Laughing

I'd love to see your whole fish collection together somehow, even if you couldn't do a nicely arranged group shot like usual, perhaps they could stage a temporary takeover of an emptied bookcase just for a photoshoot? I bet they look impressive on display!

Edit - This is what I get for thinking 'I'll click play on the video after I've typed my reply otherwise I'll forget what I was going to say' - NOW I see you've done exactly what I was hoping to see, just in a film clip rather than still photos Laughing

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 21, 2021 3:20 pm

Oh [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I completely forgot to answer your last message ! I'm glad to learn that your fishes are not lost and could be sent again soon, however that's the kind of misfortune which can easily break you down when everything else is going wrong and your hobby is the only outlet, so I hope it's not what happened to you.

When you ask Brett to send them again, make sure that he lies on the declaration and write the lowest value possible, the 20€ limit is no longer relevant, every package is now subject to customs so the cheapest it is, the least you'll have to pay for customs.

Yujin is better than Colorata overall but the fossil fishes are the exception and I don't think any Yujin I receive surpass my arapaïma in my personal ranking I love you And the Colorata saltwater is still compulsory because of the sunfish, marlin, flying fish, mahi-mahi and gurnard.

What fossa are you talking about ?! I really want a fossa but am not aware of any available one scratch

Most of you are not so much into freshwater fishes but keep in mind that a vast majority of estuary fishes I have presented here are included in the second freshwater set and NOT the saltwater one. Namely the fugu, the best mudskipper, the flounder, the eel, the sculpin... So this is definitely a worthy set. I could have passed on all those salmonids from the first set but I needed the chum salmon, the trout and barramundi anyway, and I'm happy to have the paradise fish and tittleback.

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! I understand what you mean about replicas of very well-known species, I think it's even more complicated and deserving for a company to create satisfactory renditions of very iconic animals because our expectations are higher. For example, I am more impressed by CollectA's hippo or rhino than their hirola and chiru.

By the way, I will soon have something closer to your collecting tastes to show on my farm topic if you see what I mean Wink

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 3:02 am

Happy birthday and wonderful job on a drool worthy awesome topic, as I am a fish collector. I enjoyed reading your takes on all your figures.

The fossa is a Yowies US figure.

I've seen some huge groupers down in the Keys, I have no problem with the Safari figure. It's very nice IMO.

Last edited by pipsxlch on Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 3:24 am

Holy moly! SOOOOO many fabulous models here!!! Beimg a recent fish fanatic convert myself. Really great package! It has everything you could possibly want in it... and I want it in record! I was not against the wonderful safari grouper. It was my first IC ice breaker and I still think its a great model. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 7:52 am

RtasVadumee wrote:
Oh [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I completely forgot to answer your last message ! I'm glad to learn that your fishes are not lost and could be sent again soon, however that's the kind of misfortune which can easily break you down when everything else is going wrong and your hobby is the only outlet, so I hope it's not what happened to you.

When you ask Brett to send them again, make sure that he lies on the declaration and write the lowest value possible, the 20€ limit is no longer relevant, every package is now subject to customs so the cheapest it is, the least you'll have to pay for customs.

Yujin is better than Colorata overall but the fossil fishes are the exception and I don't think any Yujin I receive surpass my arapaïma in my personal ranking I love you And the Colorata saltwater is still compulsory because of the sunfish, marlin, flying fish, mahi-mahi and gurnard.

What fossa are you talking about ?! I really want a fossa but am not aware of any available one scratch

Most of you are not so much into freshwater fishes but keep in mind that a vast majority of estuary fishes I have presented here are included in the second freshwater set and NOT the saltwater one. Namely the fugu, the best mudskipper, the flounder, the eel, the sculpin... So this is definitely a worthy set. I could have passed on all those salmonids from the first set but I needed the chum salmon, the trout and barramundi anyway, and I'm happy to have the paradise fish and tittleback.

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! I understand what you mean about replicas of very well-known species, I think it's even more complicated and deserving for a company to create satisfactory renditions of very iconic animals because our expectations are higher. For example, I am more impressed by CollectA's hippo or rhino than their hirola and chiru.

By the way, I will soon have something closer to your collecting tastes to show on my farm topic if you see what I mean Wink

Well I just hope the fishes are not lost, but I had no news about them, and nor Brett nor Wes told me that they received the items.
Thanks for the shipping advice, I will take care of it! :)
Yes the arapaima is maybe the main reason for having the Colorata fossil fish set in my wishlist since years ago, I'm glad that you also discovered this set.

The fossa I'm talking is Yowies but it never happened to me to agree in a trade and after that many many months pass before sending actual items. Advicot already have my adress since before the pandemy... but I don't have his adress for give him the figures we agreed to exchange.

I hope you enjoyed your birthday a lot!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 10:19 am

That's very interesting about shipping from Brett, as I was thinking of ordering some figures from him, thank you! Very Happy I was just wondering if it would be possible to explain a bit more about it- does it mean that there is no upper limit to how much you can spend? And if so is there anything different that you need to tell Brett? Thank you!
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 12:50 pm

Thanks pipsxlch !

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Holy moly! SOOOOO many fabulous models here!!! Beimg a recent fish fanatic convert myself. Really great package! It has everything you could possibly want in it... and I want it in record! I was not against the wonderful safari grouper. It was my first IC ice breaker and I still think its a great model. Wink

Nope, it doesn't have everything you could possibly want, it lacks a carp Wink

And indeed, I know you are my first support here to defend that poor grouper Razz

This fossa is not so bad, but not what I'm expecting for that iconic species, so let's wait until CollectA does one Laughing

Bonnie, I don't deal with Brett, I directly order on my own Cool

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 12:52 pm

RtasVadumee wrote:
Thanks pipsxlch !

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Nope, it doesn't have everything you could possibly want, it lacks a carp Wink

And indeed, I know you are my first support here to defend that poor grouper Razz

This fossa is not so bad, but not what I'm expecting for that iconic species, so let's wait until CollectA does one Laughing

Bonnie, I don't deal with Brett, I directly order on my own Cool
Ok, thank you for letting me know! Very Happy I would be interested to know if you find it cheaper that way (Sorry for another question! Embarassed )?  study
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 3:07 pm

Very nice figures!

Could you point me towards some websites for the Yujin fish figures?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 22, 2021 6:49 pm

I started reading your post when it was still your birthday but as I only finished it now, I think I am a little late to congratulate you for your birthday. Laughing
Just kidding, that's a very interesting post and contributions like these are one of the many reasons why a forum is much more informative than ordinary social media.
I like your idea of using superglue, the result is very good and maybe it will help me to find more interest in that kind of asemblable figures. There's the thing of destroying the authencity of the model but maybe the result compensates that feeling.
It would be fantastic if you could upload your pictures directly on TAW. I am not so confortable with these series, Japanese models are rare in my collection. You can find how to upload images on TAW in this page going directly to the section uploading images you will find all the information needed. You can message me if you wish and I would be glad of guiding you whenever needed. Even if the only thing you can do is to upload the pictures in their correct links, I'd be glad of completing the work with tables, species pages, etc.
Just a little note, while watching your video, with that music, I thought at a certain point your fish could start breeding with each others, I even watched it until the end but... Sleep

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 11:27 am

Congratulations affraid What a year for you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 12:04 am

Hi !

The day I came back from holidays, I had the pleasure to discover a small package in my mailbox : it was my birthday gift from Andrés !

I was expecting the meerkat pups from Schleich that he had already considered sending to me on several occasions but this was instead a complete surprise for me :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He explained me that he wanted something that I wouldn't expect and that I wished but would not necessarily make the effort to order on my own. He actually hit the bull's eye with that choice that I appreciate much more than the meerkat babies. Indeed, I started considering this Northern mockingbird after the purchase of the Papo robin and the decision to be more flexible on passerine scale. But it was retiring and being still monopolized by my Japanese purchases, it's likely that I would have missed it like the American badger and the roadrunner. I don't have the required figures for comparison with me but I can tell you that this American fellow works quite well both with the Schleich raven and Papo robin in an "illusive scale" perspective Laughing

Apart from that, it's a beautiful model, nicely sculpted and whose typical Safari paintjob is more efficient than on other species.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 12:09 am

That's a mocking gift. Laughing I also enjoy the figure, not a masterpiece but pleasant enough and surely an interesting species.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 12:54 am

Congrats! I love that model so much and I remember being so excited to get it when it was released. Definitely worth getting I think, especially since it is retiring, I just have a favoritism for Safari birds haha

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:27 am

A must have figur

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:48 am

Really great addition. Hurray for you both!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:08 pm

What a wonderful gift, it's a lovely model of this interesting species! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 9:04 pm

A late happy birthday, and WOW so many lovely fish!!! I could not possibly pick a favorite, I am just very impressed by the realism of all of them as well as your dedication to collecting a specific aesthetic. I didn't even think there were this many model fish in the world. Laughing Congrats on the awesome additions!

And that mockingbird is beautiful. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 1:38 am

I repainted mine into a grackle because it had a poorly painted eye. I would like another one to keep as is.
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 3:54 pm

Wow, what a great models and excellent presentation cheers cheers Applause Applause

PostSubject: Re: Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado   Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rtas' additions - Birthday gift from El Desperado
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15