Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

repaint Papo Hyena

Go down 
+9
costicuba
Saarlooswolfhound
RtasVadumee
widukind
Pardofelis
spacelab
Roger
SUSANNE
Caracal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 5:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

with CollectA one for size comparison:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 5:11 pm

WOOOOOOW affraid cheers

There we see it : A perfect striped hyena Very Happy Applause Applause

Ohh, how I love that model now ! It is a lot better than the one from CollectA , even if I still like that one Wink

GREAT job, and great photos cheers flower flower

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 5:50 pm

I wasn't expecting it to be already finished! Shocked We are having extra time, isn't it?
It is really wonderful and I was eager to see it. When we are talking about the Papo hyena, it is not a spotted in any way. Is someone watching your repainted figure and thinking that it could look great as a spotted? You did a wonderful work and it is good to know you are using your extra time to repaint figures and it is a gesture of generousness that you share it with us. As I live in a populated area and in a small flat, without pets or kids, there is not much I can do to spend my time stuck at home, so seeing your works are very enthertaining to me. cheers

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 6:00 pm

At last a fantastic striped hyena! Papo should see this.
Bravo!!!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 6:17 pm

It works very well as a striped hyena. Good job mon ami :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 7:41 pm

Nice repaint

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 8:44 pm

WTF ! It's even better than CollectA's Shocked

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Wow its stunning! Nice job... do any of you think that this model could work for a brown hyena?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 9:01 pm

That`s what I`m talking about ! cheers

Caracal, you did it ! Applause Applause Applause
And I love it ! I love you
Now we can clearly see the mane all over the back, which is tipical for stripped hyenas ... and not for spotted .. or even not for brown hyenas.
The colors you used are perfect as well as the strips Applause
The face is beautiful.
About the size of the legs, of the Collecta one, I think, I am in opposite thoughts than you...
Watching a lot of photos ...I think, that they are not too long.
maybe beacuse the ''thigh'' of the hind legs is a bit thinner...it looks like that.
And actually , my only wish from the Papo sculptor is, the legs to be a bit longer ... and the body a bit longer too...
then it will be just perfect.

This is what i was thinking last night ... to go even further .. and to customize my model before repaint. We will see.

I love your new stripped hyena ! :)

Caracal

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Thanks a lot Susanne, Rogério, Spacelab, Pardo, Andreas, Rtas, Saar and Kosta! :)

Rogério, I am glad if these pictures helped you to bear confining. We are lucky to share such a hobby by these sad days!..  Very Happy

Very Happy Rtas, I am happy you don't think I wasted your so kind gift!

Kosta,  congratulations from you gave me the willing to do this work  and you're right, I checked my photos of models and they all present long and slim legs!.. no way to deceive your keen watch! Shocked Very Happy

Last edited by Caracal on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyFri Mar 20, 2020 10:45 pm

Caracal wrote:
Very Happy Rtas, I am happy you don't think I wasted your so kind gift!

That's easily the best repaint I have seen from you yet. As I said on the SUY Hyenas, you should have told me to send you two, perhaps you wanted to keep a spotted one for comparison (?)

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 12:06 am

when the "shut down" will be over, maybe Papo hyaena will finish to arrive in my countryside! :)
Back to top Go down
bjarki12

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 1:05 am

That looks great! I've wondered if the sculptor was really modeling this after a stripped hyena. You've given it a really spot-on paint job!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 9:29 am

Thank you Bjarki12! :)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptySat Mar 21, 2020 3:10 pm

Wonderful wonderful repaint Applause Applause Applause Applause

Caracal

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 1:42 pm

Thank you Taos! :)
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 10:04 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOOOOOOW affraid cheers

There we see it : A perfect striped hyena Very Happy Applause Applause

Ohh, how I love that model now ! It is a lot better than the one from CollectA , even if I still like that one Wink

GREAT job, and great photos cheers flower flower

Sleep Sleep Sleep cheers Applause cheers Wonderful wonderful repaint drunken
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 10:57 pm

Very Happy thank you lucky luke!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 am

I also seemed to miss it! Shocked Sleep

It's truly fabulous, can you paint me one? (I'm not joking, this is my favourite you've done yet)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Thank you Adam, it would be possible if I could get another one! :)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 9:14 pm

You can't find more?! You're in France the home of Papo Shocked affraid Wink

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 10:23 pm

I know but.. the new released are available everywhere before France!.. when I shall find one, I shall let you know.. :)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Thanks a bunch Alain

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

repaint Papo Hyena Empty
PostSubject: Re: repaint Papo Hyena   repaint Papo Hyena Empty

Back to top Go down

repaint Papo Hyena
Page 1 of 1