Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

horses - The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-) Empty
PostSubject: The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-)   horses - The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 pm

The more I get to know them, the more I like Safari's horses Very Happy
Perhaps because you never know what Safari is up to now  Shocked
Safari is never booring Laughing

They have made huge horses, tiny horses, fuzzy horses...and even within the Winner's Circle series, they are so very different.

If we take a look at the last three years, there has been some extremely unexpected styles  Shocked

Look at that Friesian, - coluld be designed by Raffaello Santi ( The one with the fat babies ), while the Knabstrupper is more the style of Alberto Giacometti  Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In 2018 we also got this Tinker, - very nice, but she looks as if she has been to a hairdresser who put a whole bucket of hair-gel in her mane, and she does not like it at all   Shocked
Last year ( 2019 ) we got the extremely smooth thoroughbred gelding with a hairstyle somewhere between the two  Wink

Below I am going to show a couple of pictures of these two :

First the sleek thoroughbred with the lovely colour and paintwork and the silky touch Very Happy

He has the most lovely face !!! Noble, elegant head, with the straight f orehead, thanks god  Rolling Eyes

Why they painted the "frog" of the back hooves black, I do not know, but that is not important  Cool

I like this model very much !
The half rearing pose of a spirited horse has been made really successsfully  cheers

And now to the Tinker gelding Wink

He has got all black soles  Laughing

As mentioned before, his hairdresser has used too much gel  Shocked

He does not like all that stiff hair in his eyes  Suspect

Nice front Very Happy

But his muzzle is just perfect for a tobiano  Very Happy

His neck seems rather thin, or perhaps it is because his mane is so thin and straight ? scratch

If only the mane had been more realistic, the Tinker would also have been a great model.
Now I love him because he looks like he needs some love I love you Laughing  

What do yo think about them ? Very Happy

Last edited by SUSANNE on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-)   horses - The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 7:32 pm

WOW! The thourghbred looks so much like a horse called Bertie that my father grew up with and the tinker reminds me of my auntie's called Dorothy, who was friends with all the goats and poultry.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-)   horses - The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 8:48 pm

I love my tinker, and need to get the thoroughbred if for nothing else but its fuzzy ears! Lovely photos Susanne, even if your tinker has an expensive hairdo!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-)   horses - The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 8:53 pm

When I watched your pictures at the Toy Animal Wiki, I confess I got positively impressed witht the thoroughbred. Sometimes this half rearing pose does not work very pleasant once it is hard to put in a figure that will stand correctly. But the Safari model got it perfectly and it helps to give to the figure an athletic porte. I think also that all features of the breed were correctly sculpted and I agree the head is particularly good.
The Tinker is also very nice although they could use the Tobiano in a more clever way, to help us seeing better some parts of the sculpt. Proportions and balance are very good and I agree the mane is not very appealing and it is one of the most important defining elements of this kind of horse. But as you tell, Safari is never boring and it is the first time I see a horse walking in the rain. flower

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-)   horses - The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 pm

Thankyou all three  Very Happy

Roger wrote:
.......But as you tell, Safari is never boring and it is the first time I see a horse walking in the rain. flower

lol!

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-)   horses - The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2020 12:56 am

Such a pleasure to watch these photos on your beautiful topic Susanne.
For a still young collector, now I also start to like Safari horses more and more ... and to get them one by one :)
So, my last purchase was also this beautiful Tinker.
I really like it.
Even I actually like it`s special  hair-gel style mane .. haha  Very Happy To me, it looks like he was runing for so long .. and now he is sweating :)
I also like this thoroughbred . The pose is beautiful , the face is lovely.
Both models has been made it with this very clean - smooth style of sculpting . Very stylised.
But, like you said , the thoroughbred is extremely smooth sculpted . Maybe I prefer to see more details .. a bit more muscles .. But also like this, looks nice :)

I really like your comparison:
''that Friesian, - coluld be designed by Raffaello Santi ( The one with the fat babies ), while the Knabstrupper is more the style of Alberto Giacometti''  Very Happy

Hmm .. do I need that Knabstrupper too .. ?  scratch   Rolling Eyes  

Thank you for showing them to us :)

PostSubject: Re: The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-)   horses - The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-) Empty

Back to top Go down

The latest Safari horses : Tinker and thoroughbred ;-)
Page 1 of 1