Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

help with an owl

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

help with  an owl Empty
PostSubject: help with an owl   help with  an owl EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 5:53 pm

Found this owl among my models-he's marked Safari ltd and Horned Owl.He is quite small so am assuming he may be from a tube?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

help with  an owl Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with an owl   help with  an owl EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:19 pm

I know this model as a K&M tube figure...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

help with  an owl Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with an owl   help with  an owl EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:36 pm

I would agree with Paige, as I only know it from the K&M tube

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

help with  an owl Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with an owl   help with  an owl EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:59 pm

Well observed, Paige! Very Happy
I have a theory, just a theory. The early Wild Republic Tubes have figures that are not marked K&M Int and show a lower quality. These tubes are surely composed of figures made by some Chinese maker as it happens these days. Not long after, when their range suffered an important consolidation, these tubes were replaced with new better figures marked K&M Int of Their own production. I truly believe that Safari sold a toob dedicated to North American wildlife before the one released in 2006 that is still in catalogue. It won't surprise me that Safari used a similar strategy and used figures of the same maker but marking them with Safari. Don't you have any other figure equal to these Wild Republic Paige linked but also marked Safari?
Unfortunately , the older Safari catalogue I have pictures is the 2006 version.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

help with  an owl Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with an owl   help with  an owl EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 7:19 pm

Roger wrote:
Well observed, Paige! Very Happy
I have a theory, just a theory. The early Wild Republic Tubes have figures that are not marked K&M Int and show a lower quality. These tubes are surely composed of figures made by some Chinese maker as it happens these days. Not long after, when their range suffered an important consolidation, these tubes were replaced with new better figures marked K&M Int of Their own production. I truly believe that Safari sold a toob dedicated to North American wildlife before the one released in 2006 that is still in catalogue. It won't surprise me that Safari used a similar strategy and used figures of the same maker but marking them with Safari. Don't you have any other figure equal to these Wild Republic Paige linked but also marked Safari?
Unfortunately , the older Safari catalogue I have pictures is the 2006 version.

The golden lion tamarin for example :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

help with  an owl Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with an owl   help with  an owl EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 4:27 pm

Thanks for all your help with this.He's certainly got Safari ltd on the bottom as I have checked again and maybe Roger is correct and there was on overlap with some figures!

help with  an owl Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with an owl   help with  an owl Empty

Back to top Go down

help with an owl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: What is this please ?-
Jump to: