Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

King penguin and orca

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

King penguin and orca Empty
PostSubject: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 7:55 pm

After having no clue what brand these two figures were I decided to read the writing on their belly and tail, and discovered they were Toy Major which came as a shock to me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Adam, that's really interesting. Often, some Toy Major sea life figures have a year, a letter and even the scale marked on them, isn't it the case with your orca?
Does the penguin is also marked with a year?

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:03 pm

The penguin and the orca are marked with the year 2006,but the orca does have an item number: 1749 A

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptyWed Apr 08, 2020 10:08 pm

Wone ( or two) of the great little detective cases of this hobby cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 1:05 am

Thanks Adam, your Toy Major friends are now at the wiki.
Toy Major is like a puzzle or a game, markings are very important to help us sorting them.
They do not have a range built as Schleich or Papo, they sell their figures in sets or bags.
1749 is the product number of the set. The letter A means that the figures of these set are marked A, B, C, etc. So, if we ever find another TM figure marked 1749 from 2006, we already know it belongs to the same set of your orca.
As you enjoy numbers, yours is the 50th orca listed at the wiki. Another orca from TM is already listed here. - it is from 1994, 1:50 scale series, marked with "G". study

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 1:00 pm

Interesting, never seen before :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 1:44 pm

Thanks Roger, what makes you think I like numbers? Mathematics is not my best subject I'm in the second to last set at my school.

50 orcas, WOW that's a good amount! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 12:51 am

Advicot wrote:
Thanks Roger, what makes you think I like numbers? Mathematics is not my best subject I'm in the second to last set at my school.

50 orcas, WOW that's a good amount! Very Happy

There are many ways to like numbers. From your posts I deduct you like high scores. Wink I like numbers and Mathematics was never a problem for me. The way is applying it to something useful like how to buy as many figures as possible with little money. Laughing

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 12:22 pm

Very good point, in 2019 the amount of figures I got was around 120, that wasn't cheap Embarassed

*Cough* Over £300

Back to top Go down
GudrunOrca

GudrunOrca

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Advicot wrote:
After having no clue what brand these two figures were I decided to read the writing on their belly and tail, and discovered they were Toy Major which came as a shock to me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ooooh this orca figure is so nice!! 👏👏👏👏
Very nice that you were able to find it!
A long time ago, I found an eBay listing for it once, but didn’t/couldn’t go for it. (Actually I believe they wouldn’t ship outside their country... 😒😭). I love the paint job on it, even if the eye patches are slightly large. I also love the tall dorsal fin and large pectoral fins, typical of an adult male orca.

Hopefully I can find one for my own collection too, one day 🙏😇

Could you please post a walk around for the orca?
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 6:38 pm

Yes, however I am returning to school tomorrow so it might be later in the week Very Happy

Back to top Go down
GudrunOrca

GudrunOrca

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 6:58 pm

No rush, thanks for the reply! 😁
And good luck with your school work! 👍
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King penguin and orca   King penguin and orca Empty

Back to top Go down

King penguin and orca
Page 1 of 1