Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bird identification

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Bird identification Empty
PostSubject: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Hello friends! Kind of a strange request... I was watching a show and this bird came up. The program didn't say what it was and I've never seen it before. And all shot gave me was its head... Its been bothering me so I have to know what it is! Anybody got any clues? Once we have an answer this topic can be deleted as it doesn't quite fit in. (And no, I don't have a better picture...)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 5:49 pm

This bird is a Southern Screamer

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 5:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:03 pm

That it is! Thank you Adam! I've never seen one before... now I can learn about it.

Moderators, this topic can be deleted if it doesn't belong. I have my answer. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:04 pm

Indeed, that's a very common species in zoos.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Not in any western US zoos I've been to. But apparently the Bronx zoo has them (thats what the TV show was about).

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm

My photo of this species was made in a western US zoo Very Happy

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Which one?

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:28 pm

San Diego! :)

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:35 pm

San Diego, holy king of zoos king

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 6:41 pm

That is one I haven't been to, but want to!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 9:36 pm

I know that feeling !
Watching a programme about nature on TV, you see an interesting animal, but the speaker just mumbles something, and you sit there and it gnaws that you do not know what it was Suspect
Perhaps he does not even know how to pronounce it ? Laughing

Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification EmptyThu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 pm

When I was a teen I watched everyday the nature documentaries on TV and annotated a list of the animals that appeared in each programme (for the idea of making a mental zoo in my head or something), with only one time for each species (if a lion appear in one documentary and then in another, I only annotate the first). I remember it was full of rarities for species that appear without being the main subjet of each program, and the speaker rarely gives names for them :) Of course I knew most of them previously, but some species even I've learned about by seeing in the TV and looking after in Internet for find out the species!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bird identification   Bird identification Empty

Back to top Go down

Bird identification
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: What is this please ?-
Jump to: