Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are there any other books on Britains figures?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Coop

Country/State : Winfield , Il. USA

Are there any other books on Britains figures? Empty
PostSubject: Are there any other books on Britains figures?   Are there any other books on Britains figures? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 5:38 pm

Hello everyone. I have been MIA from the STS page due to life happening. I'm back. Here's my question: I have the Britain's Toy Models Catalogues 1970.- 1979 by David Pullen . I also have the unauthorized history of Herald&Britain's plastic figures by Petrr Cole . Are there any other books on Britain's figures that may include pictures the original models for the figures ? Thank you so much! T. Coop
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Are there any other books on Britains figures?   Are there any other books on Britains figures? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 7:12 pm

Coop wrote:
Hello everyone. I have been MIA from the STS page due to life happening. I'm back.  Here's my question: I have the Britain's Toy Models Catalogues 1970.- 1979 by David Pullen . I also have the unauthorized history of Herald&Britain's plastic figures by Petrr Cole . Are there any other books on Britain's figures that may include pictures the original models for the figures ? Thank you so much!  T. Coop

Hi Terry

Firstly, welcome back. Unfortunately, assuming you are talking about Britains plastic production, since December 2015 there hasn't been anything I know about that has been published.

I was approached to write one by a publishing company but declined.

So Barney Brown's books are the only ones and currently from looking at his web shop he is out of stock for all his books.

Britains/Herald Farm 1955 - 1969: Nothing relating to masters or prototypes.  

Britains Plastic Floral Garden 1960 - 1970 also includes Britains plastic trees and Floral Garden Folk: Includes wax and metal test castings for Floral Folk.

Britains/Herald Zoo Animals 1960 - 1970: Introduction includes masters for crouching gorilla and Indian elephant, prototype of parrot and leaping gazelle and sketches by George Ford.

In addition to the above Barney Brown co-authored with Peter Cole has published:

Herald Civilian Models The Golden Years 1953 - 1961 not strictly animal related but does include the Polar Sledge with dogs and horses used for cowboys / Indians etc…: Includes a range of plasticine and metal masters - horses, Polar sledge dogs and human figures including nativity figures not issued.

All are still worth purchasing.

Hope this helps.

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Are there any other books on Britains figures?   Are there any other books on Britains figures? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Thank you for the information and response .
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Are there any other books on Britains figures?   Are there any other books on Britains figures? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 pm

Coop wrote:
Thank you for the information and response .

You are welcome Terry.

There is an interesting couple of pages about Roy Selwyn-Smith in this PDF on pages 10 & 11:

https://oldtoysoldier.com/subscriptions/spring2011.pdf

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Are there any other books on Britains figures?   Are there any other books on Britains figures? EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 10:01 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:

Oh, what a shame, with your knowledge, it would have been a great book.
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: Are there any other books on Britains figures?   Are there any other books on Britains figures? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 12:26 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:

Oh, what a shame, with your knowledge, it would have been a great book.

Thanks Roger, very nice of you say.

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Are there any other books on Britains figures?   Are there any other books on Britains figures? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 12:51 am

How do I shut off further notifications on this post?
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Are there any other books on Britains figures?   Are there any other books on Britains figures? EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 4:14 am

Any one that is interested in Lead figures made by Britains should get a copy of Norman Joplins book "Britains Civilian Toy Figures" It is quite a decent sized book and the amount of stuff they made is phenomenal!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any other books on Britains figures?   Are there any other books on Britains figures? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are there any other books on Britains figures?
Page 1 of 1