Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

As we have time....species identification from random figurines

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

As we have time....species identification from random figurines Empty
PostSubject: As we have time....species identification from random figurines   As we have time....species identification from random figurines EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi
As I have during Corona some time, I was searching some figurines that could join my collection. I find the german page Sandspielfiguren.de, which has a lot of (most) chinese figurines, that are hard to identify. Mostly, I´m sure those figurines don´t represent a accurate species. But as I learned, we have here in the forum very good experts who could have an idea which species are presented.

Here are some pictures of these animals:

Bullyland Exotic Frog

Tropical frogs: red & green

Tropical Frogs: yellow & orange

Tropical Frogs: black & grey

Nayab (?) Seagull

Lizards: yellow-green & blue

Lizards: orange-blue & rose

Öizards: blue-green & black

Lizards: red-brown & green-brown

Lizards: grreen & blue

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: As we have time....species identification from random figurines   As we have time....species identification from random figurines EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 9:48 pm

It never really occurred to me that they are anything but fantasy models scratch

It will be interesting to see, if anybody can find out that some of them are actually real species Very Happy

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: As we have time....species identification from random figurines   As we have time....species identification from random figurines EmptyThu Apr 16, 2020 10:58 pm

I am thinking of getting the Nayab seagull, and my best guess is a slaty backed gull but I'm really unsure.

The yellow and green lizard looks like a basilisk. The rose lizard looks like an anole of some sort, the green and the green and brown looks like a collared lizard.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: As we have time....species identification from random figurines   As we have time....species identification from random figurines EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 7:37 pm

look here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: As we have time....species identification from random figurines   As we have time....species identification from random figurines EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 7:52 pm

I may merge topics later.
I think the yellow and orange frogs are much probably the yellow-banded dart frog and a strawberry dart frog.
The first looks like a orange-eyed tree frog but it should be green instead of brown. Laughing Not easy actually to see where these were insprired but we can always try to make an approach. Wink

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: As we have time....species identification from random figurines   As we have time....species identification from random figurines EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 7:57 pm

That´s what I also thought, but as we have some good experts in the Forum, I think some of them could be based on real animals

Thanks for your suggestions! Yeah, the seagull seems to be a juvenile or an adult in winter coat :)

I know this thread, but as it says "major brands", I wasn´t sure if I should post it there....Cause my questions concern beside the Bullyland only no-name figurines...

Thanks for your suggetsions! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As we have time....species identification from random figurines   As we have time....species identification from random figurines Empty

Back to top Go down

As we have time....species identification from random figurines
Page 1 of 1