Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains cattle

Go down 
+3
SUSANNE
rogerpgvg
Taos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 12:43

My selection of Britains cattle
The Charolais were made first and then the Angus and Simmental were based on these.The older models of the bulls had a metal nose ring but this wasn't present in new models
The Herefords-the first picture was the original paintwork and the second was a revamp
Next are the older style Dairy bulls and cows/calves
The Jerseys,again the older models in the 1st picture and then the newer models.
Then the Freisians with the older models with horns and the newer models are polled and the calves.
Its strange that when they revamped the cows, the bulls and sitting cows stayed the same!
Also someone may be able to help me-Was the grazing cow with horns ever issued as a Jersey as I have never seen one?Thanks
Britains cattle 00627
Britains cattle 00226
Britains cattle 00326
Britains cattle 00519
Britains cattle 00421
Britains cattle 01216
Britains cattle 00823
Britains cattle 00922
Britains cattle 01022
Britains cattle 01620
Britains cattle 01827
Britains cattle 02024Britains cattle 02418
Britains cattle 02523
Britains cattle 02619
Britains cattle 02816
Britains cattle 02919
Britains cattle 03219
Britains cattle 03116

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 15:00

Quite a few rare ones again. Do you think these calves have their original paint? I have never seen them painted this way:
Britains cattle Britai20

I have never seen this painting style either, but it is shown in the 1993 catalogue (not in 1992 or 1994). Must be very rare.
Britains cattle Britai21

No, the 1969-1983 Jersey cow wasn’t made with head down, but Britains made a feeding Jersey cow between 1959 and 1967. The post 1983 feeding Jersey cow also never appeared in the catalogues with its earlier painting style, but clearly it was made.

The Aberdeen-Angus and Simmental cattle are already getting hard to find, even though they were taken out of production only a few years ago (but they weren’t produced for long). The Aberdeen-Angus cattle aren’t completely identical to the Simmental and Charolais. Do you know the difference? (It took me a few years before I discovered it.)

After 1997, the painting of the Jersey cattle changed again. I notice that you don’t have them. Perhaps worth getting them before they become rare too? (They were taken out of production in 2014).
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 15:02

I know they made many, but never knew they made SO many Shocked

What a great herd you have cheers

Thanks for the info, Roger Very Happy

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 15:10

Yes, Britains made lots of cattle and Taylor has a great selection. I have quite a few, but I am very jealous of some of the rare paint variants that Taylor has. Even the more recent ones are often hard to find.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 15:29

Applause Applause

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 16:18

Thank you Susanne.
Thank you very much again Roger for all the wonderful info.The difference I assume with the Angus bull model is he is polled!
I have another 2 Jersey cows this colour.Are they the ones you mean when the redid the Jersey?I think the paint on the calves is genuine or a very good addition.I have a few that have additions to them and it is very obvious on these models.Here is photo of the calves from the other side.
I am so glad to find out all this info and that I have a few rarities as well. Smile Smile
Britains cattle 02025
Britains cattle 01925

rogerpgvg

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 17:28

Yes, that's the Jersey style I meant. You have them as well cheers. Another rare one is your early brown cow, but you probably know. Yes, the calves may be genuine. Perhaps a Britains worker felt creative.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 17:41

Thanks again,Roger much appreciated!I will have to keep an eye out for more of those Jerseys as I only have 2 cows.I had an idea my brown cow was a rarity as she the only one I have seen in plastic,I have some lead brown cows.Yes,may be it was a create your own calf day when the painted those 2!! Smile Smile

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 20:42

I knew you had many but I didn't know you had so many! I know, it sound like a Hong Kong copy of Susanne's post. Laughing
I have an Angus and a Highlander, I think both thanks to you, Taylor. I still have a water buffalo that looks a domestic one but presented in wildlife range. Roger is an authority regarding Britains! cheers

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 4th 2020, 22:15

Roger wrote:
I knew you had many but I didn't know you had so many! I know, it sound like a Hong Kong copy of Susanne's post. Laughing
I have an Angus and a Highlander, I think both thanks to you, Taylor. I still have a water buffalo that looks a domestic one but presented in wildlife range. Roger is an authority regarding Britains! cheers

lol! lol! Wink

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 5th 2020, 08:48

Beautiful, beautiful cows ! cheers

Taos

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 5th 2020, 11:46

Thank you friends! Smile

Taos

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 5th 2020, 14:48

Here are the Highland cows that Roger mentioned,I seem to have a dark and light brown version.
Britains cattle 02120

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyMay 5th 2020, 18:13

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
jamieb78

Country/State : England/Lincolnshire

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyFebruary 8th 2021, 10:22

Hi all , new to this group as i have been struggling to identify some of my Britains farm animals and my non Britains to find out the makers , could someone advise the best and easiest way to help me with this please as i have over 600 and wish to make an itinery on them.
i also have some cattle which have not been shown on this topic talk that i have seen.
Thanks in advance.
Jamie
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyFebruary 8th 2021, 10:54

Welcome to the forum, Jamie. That sounds like a great cattle collection. Perhaps you could show the cattle that you cannot identify here and we can see which ones we recognise. I think I can identify most Britains, but other brands may be more challenging. I am working to put the farm animals on TAW, but there is still a lot to do and it is a slow process: https://toyanimal.info/wiki/Britains_Plastic_Farm_Series

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyFebruary 8th 2021, 11:15

jamieb78 wrote:
Hi all , new to this group as i have been struggling to identify some of my Britains farm animals and my non Britains to find out the makers , could someone advise the best and easiest way to help me with this please as i have over 600 and wish to make an itinery on them.
i also have some cattle which have not been shown on this topic talk that i have seen.
Thanks in advance.
Jamie

Hello Jamie and welcome on forum. It really sounds exciting! I think you could open your own collection topic on forum and I am sure people here will help you identifying most of your figures and we will also have the joy of watching your collection. From Roger to other members, we have a few experts with British vintage brands that surely will help you as much as they can.

Country/State : England/Lincolnshire

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle EmptyFebruary 8th 2021, 11:45

Thanks Roger , bear with me whilst i try figure out how to open a topic and i will have to upload pictures on laptop from my phone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Britains cattle Empty
PostSubject: Re: Britains cattle   Britains cattle Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains cattle
Page 1 of 1