Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rats by Bullyland and more confusion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion Empty
PostSubject: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyMon May 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Rats and mice are not the most popular models of the manufacturers, so probably not with the consumers either.
Well, maybe it's because of their reputation as vectors of terrible diseases and pandemics like the pest. There are a lot of reasons.
On the other hand, white rats and colored rats, but often children have especially colored mice as pets. They are very intelligent and become often very tame.

Well, some days ago I sorted out some figures again, which I have doubled or which I don´t need for my collection.
So also a sitting black baby rat and a white mouse by Bullyland. A few years ago I often saw these models at flea markets here in Munich, but in the meantime they have almost disappeared. Also on Ebay.

Here are the white 64369 (1996-2000) rat baby from TAI/Susanne, my black "rat baby" (64371) and the grey-white versions (64383), this picture is from the internet somewhere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

arrow Now, we have a look at the Bullyland catalogues 2001, 2002 and 2003.  study

arrow Bullyland catalog 2001

In the 2001 cataloge the white baby rat was replaced by the black rat and the black-white baby rat with new article numbers.
They are shown together with the adult rat 64370. Here is again my rat and the big rat 64370 from Susanne.

arrow The Bullyland catalog from 2001 shows also these both models so far.

arrow Bullyland catalog 2002
In catalog 2002 we see again both baby rats with the same article numers as in catalog 2001 but the color from the black model has changed completly, it looks  now more  grey now. There are also white areas under the chin and on the belly. The eyes are now brown and no longer red. This version looks more realistic. The black version with the red eyes reminds more of Halloween.

arrow Bullyland presented also a new adult rat in catalog 2002:

arrow Bullyland adult rat 64374 from TAI/photos by Susanne

Bullyland catalog 2003 still shows the adult grey rat and the grey baby rat. The grey-white versions have disappeared.

:arrow:Bullyland catalog 2003

arrow   Now my question: Does this gray rat baby exists in real or does the color is not printed realistically in the catalog.  
I have never seen this grey rat baby, not even the adult grey-white version.  question

Oh dear, I think - that was too much stuff about the Bullyland rats! What a Face geek

Last edited by 75senta75 on Tue May 12, 2020 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyTue May 12, 2020 12:22 am

It is never too much, Yvette! Ok, I am not too confuse now because we already studied it before. Laughing I am convinced the grey rat baby exists but it is just conjectural until we see a picture of the real figure. bounce
As I already told on forum, my first pet was actually an albino rat called Parafuzo (it is not mispeled).

Not relevant to your question but I think I can also mention that Bullyland also released a 3rd rat generation that was only available during two years (2009-2010).

Picture from Susanne's collection.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyTue May 12, 2020 12:37 am

It is very interesting topic . Thank you for doing it Yvette cheers
By the way, I really like the big rat 64370 from Susanne, which you showed together with your black baby, which I also like now. Some time ago, I tried to find the adult on Ebay...but no luck.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyTue May 12, 2020 9:45 am

Some of the Bullyland models gave me a headache when I made the Bullyland pages in TAI Suspect Laughing

They change colours, they change numbers, they are retired and re-launched, and to make it even more "fun", sometimes the people in the German factory  painted some for their own use, but which may turn up on Ebay and rise havoc  silent

To make it a bit more fun, often the models appeared a year or two earlier in the older dealer's catalogues than in the small user's ones.
The large, jubileee-catalogue does not contain them all, and does not have item numbers.... Laughing

If you take a look at the smaller Giant Pandas, the only difference is an arm lifted or not, a head turned slightly to the side or not , or the families where the head may be turned left or right on one of the babies.

What we also see by Schleich ( and others, I think ), is that when a new model was made, the colours of the babies were changed.
This is obviously also what happened here, and I am sure that if we look carefully and for a long time, in German flea markets and on the net, it may turn up eventually Very Happy

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyTue May 12, 2020 10:25 am

If the sitting rat is the baby, than I have the Grey version

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyTue May 12, 2020 2:41 pm

I remember while Susanne was editing the Bullyland section on TAW, I was in full power on CollectA's section.
When I was a little tired of it, I used to take a look at Susanne's work and telling myself that CollectA's section was a little joke when compared with the extraordinary complex Bullyland array of series and models. Susanne's work is glorious and we're now just discussing minor changes which is also important, of course.

widukind wrote:

We want to see it Andreas and this mistery will be solved! bounce

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyTue May 12, 2020 3:00 pm

widukind wrote:

HURRAAAAYYY for Andreas cheers Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyTue May 12, 2020 6:03 pm

Roger wrote:
I remember while Susanne was editing the Bullyland section on TAW, I was in full power on CollectA's section.
When I was a little tired of it, I used to take a look at Susanne's work and telling myself that CollectA's section was a little joke when compared with the extraordinary complex Bullyland array of series and models. Susanne's work is glorious and we're now just discussing minor changes which is also important, of course.

widukind wrote:

We want to see it Andreas and this mistery will be solved! bounce

I posted that pic in October 2019

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But the color is more greybrown. I was on the way to my work, so it was a memorie at that moment.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyTue May 12, 2020 11:15 pm

Roger wrote:
I am convinced the grey rat baby exists but it is just conjectural until we see a picture of the real figure. bounce

Yes, Roger you are right, as we can see the grey rat baby exists. Thank's to Andreas - very fast and speedy! Wink

costicuba wrote:
It is very interesting topic . Thank you for doing it Yvette cheers
By the way, I really like the big rat 64370 from Susanne, which you showed together with your black baby, which I also like now. Some time ago, I tried to find the adult on Ebay...but no luck.

Thanks Kosta, this model seems to be really very rare. Maybe it wasn't sold very often, although it is a very good figure.
I have never seen it on an flea market here in town, not even on Ebay Germany.
On the other hand, the little white mouse by Bullyland is offered more often. But also the different mice models are becoming rarer and rarer.

Susanne wrote:
Some of the Bullyland models gave me a headache when I made the Bullyland pages in TAI......To make it a bit more fun, often the models appeared a year or two earlier in the older dealer's catalogues than in the small user's ones.
The large, jubileee-catalogue does not contain them all, and does not have item numbers.... Laughing

If you take a look at the smaller Giant Pandas, the only difference is an arm lifted or not, a head turned slightly to the side or not , or the families where the head may be turned left or right on one of the babies.

Susanne, oh you are so right and I can understand you so very well. The more we study animals by Bullyland, the bigger the confusion becomes. study  geek So much questions, that sometimes even the queen of Bullyland collectors loses overview. queen
But, that's ok and that's what makes the brand and its characters so charming and interesting. So we could already solved so many interesting Bullyland mysteries.

Roger wrote:
.....CollectA's section was a little joke when compared with the extraordinary complex Bullyland array of series and models. Susanne's work is glorious ....

Yes, Roger, I completely agree with you. I've often been impressed with Susanne's work over the last years. She's doing a great job and she's rightly our Bullyland Queen.   queen  queen

widukind wrote:

cheers cheers cheers Great, Andreas! Very good! Roger is right, the grey mouse exists and it´s also not far away... sunny

As in the catalog, the gray mouse looks much more realistic with the new painting. Also the dark eyes make the figure much more alive.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyWed May 13, 2020 12:29 am

Yes, it exists and I've seen it not long ago as Andreas pointed. geek
I confess, I am not able of remembering all rats I see. Sleep Thanks Andreas for unscrambling this rat-infested topic. Laughing ... and thanks Yvette for bringing these creatures to our village. flower

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyWed May 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Sometimes on ebay.de the rats are available. I found mine there. But for my taste too huge.

I think that is also the reason that the figure is rare. I believe many people and child prefer more smaller size. And a rat is also not a lovely animal :)

Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyWed May 13, 2020 7:36 pm

Yes, Andreas, I agree with you.
They're too big and don't match the other animals by Bulyland or Schleich. Also rats have a bad image, they transmit diseases and the reproduction rate is very high. On the other hand, white rats are also popular pets, as are colored mice.

Have a look here:

arrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

arrow Have a look here - very cute: arrow Roger, also with Parafuzo ! Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyWed May 13, 2020 9:01 pm

75senta75 wrote:

arrow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

arrow Have a look here - very cute: arrow  Roger, also with Parafuzo !  Wink

Uhhhh! I really, really don't like them pale

Well, it is not their fault that they are rats, but I DO NOT LIKE THEM What a Face

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyWed May 13, 2020 9:38 pm

As a boy, I feared all kinds of dogs and I loved rats. My Parafuzo was really an albino rat. Not much later I saved a mouse from a fire in a tent, I don't know it was disorientated or pretending it wass dead but surely being upside down is not a good strategy to run from a fire. Much later I owned several hamsters. Horny, Kika, Kurt, Courtney, Vicente a few others I don't remember the name and finally Toy, an albino hamster that responded to his name and that never needed a cage. Well, I think now I know many people that respond easily to the name Toy. tongue

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion EmptyThu May 14, 2020 8:39 am

Praying mantisses, scorpions, and now rats !!! Shocked

Crocodiles have an wonderfully unusual taste in pets Laughing Laughing cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rats by Bullyland and more confusion   bullyland - Rats by Bullyland and more confusion Empty

Back to top Go down

Rats by Bullyland and more confusion
Page 1 of 1