Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help

Go down 
+6
endogenylove
widukind
costicuba
Advicot
SUSANNE
Roger
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help Empty
PostSubject: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptySat May 16, 2020 5:33 pm

Dear friends, STS-Forum is needing to be migrated to a https secure protocol, it should be made soon or later but it requires a few technical procedures that I will try to manage as best as I can. Though, you may notice some changes, please use this topic to share what you think is not working correctly. Without being too much technical, it will allow the forum to show as secure in your browsers besides some few other advantages. Unfortunately, some content will be lost but I will do everything to minimize the negative effects. One of the changes is that the forum address will be modified from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - no panic, if after some days things are not as good as desired, it can be moved back to the http protocol.
You can continue enjoying the forum as always, just give me your feedback please. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptySun May 17, 2020 3:42 am

Shocked PANIC ! PANIC ! affraid pale affraid

Sorry Wink
My generation ( or some of us ) fear all changes on the internet Laughing

Good luck, dear friend !
Crocodile I trust your talent king

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptySun May 17, 2020 5:01 am

Hope it goes well, and best wishes :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptySun May 17, 2020 5:27 am

Actually, your posts are already a positive feedback. The most "dangerous" part was already done before you posted and it passed unnoticed until now. When it was performed automatically, some strange things happened on forum and it needed to be reversed. Now, with some preliminary tasks before the manual migration, things seem to be working fine. Though, it is still early, let's hope nothing strange happens during next 3 days once some more tasks need to be performed.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptySun May 17, 2020 6:18 am

cheers

I cross my fingers !!!
Great job, Roger Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptySun May 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Thank you very much for your care of the forum Roger and the important work you are doing now.
Good luck ! :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:43 pm

Smarthphone version is affraid affraid affraid affraid

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 12:57 pm

widukind wrote:

Thanks for your feedback Andreas but these smilies do not give a very useful information.
In my smartphone it is working nicely. What is different or not working?
Do you use an Android? Is it happening in all pages or just in some specific ones? Let me know and I try to emulate it in my mobile phone.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 1:27 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

Thanks for your feedback Andreas but these smilies do not give a very useful information.
Do you use an Android? Is it happening in all pages or just in some specific ones? Let me know and I try to emulate it in my mobile phone.

Yes, i have a Android. I log in every day if i sitting in the bus to work. All was really hard changed. And to open the topics was strange. I dont know why. I will try it again this week. But if it is the same thing i think i will that do not longer :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 1:47 pm

I primarily access the forum from an apple iPhone and I have noticed that the search function is completely broken and brings up no results no matter what is searched for. I don’t know if this is the proper place to post this but I figured it may be a related issue.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 1:50 pm

I always use a laptop and it works perfectly, I never use my phone because my phone doesn't have the internet

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:00 pm

I use and android phone or laptop and have no issues. There was once a few days ago the site was under maintenence and wouldnt load but otherwise it has been totally fine! Thank you Roger for all your hard work and dedication!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Thanks Paige and Adam! Positive feedback is also useful to know. You don't need to thank me, we are all working together. Very Happy

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

Yes, i have a Android. I log in every day if i sitting in the bus to work. All was really hard changed. And to open the topics was strange.  I dont know why. I will try it again this week. But if it is the same thing i think i will that do not longer :)

I should have guessed someone called Andreas uses Android. I used Google Chrome for mobile phone, both in mobile and standard versions and it is working nicely. Let me know if it continues slow.

endogenylove wrote:
I primarily access the forum from an apple iPhone and I have noticed that the search function is completely broken and brings up no results no matter what is searched for. I don’t know if this is the proper place to post this but I figured it may be a related issue.

Probably it is not related. At least it is not an expectable issue. I used Safari browser in an iPhone, also in both versions and I could easily perform a search.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 4:18 pm

My old computer gives no problems at all cheers

....ahhh, not quite true.
Yesterday the storm broke the pole which connects us to the server, but it wasn't the computer's fault Laughing

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:10 pm

i use a computer and a laptop Everything is as usual, nothing strange happens.
All is running fine.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Thanks Susanne and Yvette! When I saw what happened the first time and after reading the guide, I thought it could be much more difficult. I really hope it continues working well.

SUSANNE wrote:
My old computer gives no problems at all cheers

....ahhh, not quite true.
Yesterday the storm broke the pole which connects us to the server, but it wasn't the computer's fault Laughing

lol! I've tried to find a configuration through the entire control panel of the forum and unfortunately I couldn't find anything to solve it. Wink flower

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyTue May 19, 2020 1:23 am

Everything looks wonderful Roger. Desktop, laptop. tablet, smartphone checked! Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyTue May 19, 2020 11:35 am

spacelab wrote:
Everything looks wonderful Roger. Desktop, laptop. tablet, smartphone checked! Applause

Thanks Kostas for your feedback. With your experience, you surely know how to test every detail. Tomorrow is the red line, if nothing unusual happens meanwhile, we don't need to worry about it anymore. Very Happy

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyTue May 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Great job Roger, Applause Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyTue May 19, 2020 1:12 pm

That have i seen on my dispay in this morning

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyTue May 19, 2020 8:53 pm

What's strange, Andreas? You mean the topic icons?

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyWed May 20, 2020 3:45 am

They are just like that on smaller devices e.g phones & tablets

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyWed May 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Roger wrote:
What's strange, Andreas? You mean the topic icons?

There is no log in, no log out. I also can not see what is new. There are not all sections to see, you have to click all and to lock what is wrote today. I have not find out to send a comment. And any more. But there was also a smartphone update, so it could be also that. But at the moment i only look on my computer. And so have less time.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyWed May 20, 2020 2:50 pm

Thanks Andreas! The mobile version was updated not long ago. It is unlikely related with the migrating process. To find the log in and log out, you have to click in a square blue icon with three horizontal lines. Please see picture below. That's the top right corner of Google browser highly magnified in my mobile phone. You can find there also notifications, etc.
If you can't find it on your browser, try to clear the cache.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help EmptyThu May 21, 2020 3:12 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks Andreas! The mobile version was updated not long ago. It is unlikely related with the migrating process. To find the log in and log out, you have to click in a square blue icon with three horizontal lines. Please see picture below. That's the top right corner of Google browser highly magnified in my mobile phone. You can find there also notifications, etc.
If you can't find it on your browser, try to clear the cache.

Okay, i will do that :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help   Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help Empty

Back to top Go down

Migrating the forum to a secure protocol with your help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next