Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II

Go down 
+4
widukind
Advicot
Pardofelis
tjjtjjtjja
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II Empty
PostSubject: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySat May 16, 2020 3:50 pm

This post is reproduced from the Chinese Forum.

Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II, all 5 types, 2015.10
01. Athene cunicularia (Baby bird)
02. Tyto alba (Albino)
03. Pulsatrix perspicillata
04. Asio clamator
05. Strix uralensis (Baby bird)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySat May 16, 2020 3:51 pm

01. Athene cunicularia (Baby bird)

02. Tyto alba (Albino)

03. Pulsatrix perspicillata

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySat May 16, 2020 3:51 pm

04. Asio clamator

05. Strix uralensis (Baby bird)

Last edited by tjjtjjtjja on Sat May 16, 2020 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySat May 16, 2020 5:36 pm

Oh, I didn't knew that they had movable heads. I have the Asio clamator (you switched the names and figures of that and Strix uralensis), and never tried to move the head.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySat May 16, 2020 5:40 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Oh, I didn't knew that they had movable heads. I have the Asio clamator (you switched the names and figures of that and Strix uralensis), and never tried to move the head.
Very Happy Very Happy
One of the interesting things about this series is that it can move the head. Very Happy

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySat May 16, 2020 10:40 pm

I have all these on my wish list

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySun May 17, 2020 12:02 am

A really nice serie

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySun May 17, 2020 12:53 am

I have the P. perspicillata, and I know I need the burrowing owl, but now that I see the Asio is a different species than Safari's A. otus, I need that one too.
Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySun May 17, 2020 2:25 am

Hey Dirk.

Another question...

It's my understanding that the same sculptor makes all or most of the Kaiyodo animal figures.

Assuming that is even correct to start, does that sculptor make those such as this that clearly sacrifice accuracy for some other aspect?

As I both love owls and think Kaiyodo weakest subject link (in terms of sculptural quality) is birds, I was extremely disappointed with these.

Since I'm here and tossing out opinions, why does Kaiyodo not make more molluscs?? As a phylum, this family would seem to lend itself to being handled extraordinarily well.

Thanks.
Brett
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySun May 17, 2020 2:57 am

Brettnj wrote:
Hey Dirk.

Another question...

It's my understanding that the same sculptor makes all or most of the Kaiyodo animal figures.

Assuming that is even correct to start, does that sculptor make those such as this that clearly sacrifice accuracy for some other aspect?

As I both love owls and think Kaiyodo weakest subject link (in terms of sculptural quality) is birds, I was extremely disappointed with these.

Since I'm here and tossing out opinions, why does Kaiyodo not make more molluscs?? As a phylum, this family would seem to lend itself to being handled extraordinarily well.

Thanks.
Brett

Please let me to talk about my understanding.

First, these are just toys, not gk or specimens. It is difficult for a sculptor to accurately represent a species at such a small model and cost. Especially birds, it is difficult to show details such as feathers at a limited cost.

Second, the hard pvc material is most suitable for expressing smooth surfaces such as insects and crustaceans. For mammals and birds, it is difficult to express.

bjarki12

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySun May 17, 2020 3:10 am

These are really wonderful, and I love the articulated faces!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySun May 17, 2020 5:19 am

Brettnj wrote:
Hey Dirk.

Another question...

Thanks.
Brett

I am actually surprised to hear that someone wound be disappointed with these. We all have our own personal criteria for what makes a good figure, but these are stellar and leagues better than what you would get from a non-Japanese 'Western' company most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySun May 17, 2020 7:37 am

I second Blaine. They're much more accurate than most owls of western brands.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II EmptySun May 17, 2020 9:45 am

I never understand Bretts point of view regarding Kaiyodo too. As I am long-term collector with good knowledge of Kaiyodo range, I think there is no another comparable company especially in bird models (count of figures, taxons, dynamic poses etc.). There are some *very rare cases* where Kaiyodo is not the best on the market (e.g. birds made by Kitan Club from the set Nature of Japan - ibis, crane and sparrow or some parrots from ShineQ) but generally Kaiyodo is simply unbeatable. Without Kaiyodo would be my aviary significantly smaller :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II   Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo CapsuleQ Museum - Fortune Owl Collection II
Page 1 of 1