Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Dog models

Go down 
+4
Advicot
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
Taos
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptyMon May 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Ebay find,AAA dogs possibly also sold under ELC.I have taken photos with their larger companions.The Dalmatian is with the other one from AAA but marked Pointer.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptyMon May 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Interesting dog figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:02 pm

Absolutely wonderful figures!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptyMon May 18, 2020 7:24 pm

I have the small Westie, Labrador and dalmatian but I have never seen the other four

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptyTue May 19, 2020 11:52 am

Thank you. Smile

Jill

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 12:56 am

May I add to this thread? I got a few surprises, and they match the Dalmatian in the last photo! Do we know anything about this set? They're wonderful.

Mine each have the breed stamped on the belly, China, and AAA

Boxer

Doberman

Pointer (in the same mold as your Dalmatian)

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 4:08 am

That Boxer is one of the most charming dog models I've seen!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 5:30 am

Wow, your pointer/dalmatian is dark! I love these models but unfortunately as with most AAA little info is known about them. I have each of these and they present SO much character!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 8:52 pm

As far as I know there are basically two series of AAA Dogs. These smaller models and a few very large ones. However, I am not really very well documented about them.
I created two distinct pages for them on TAW and I will use your pictures once that section is really empty. Interesting about the Pointer, AAA uses and reuses their moulds so it is not surprising the Dalmatian is also marked Pointer. The Boxer is a very fortunate design, I didn't know it was such a beautiful model.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 10:33 pm

You have found three beautiful AAA dogs- so sweet and as Paige says so full of character! sunny
I love AAA, because there are never complete records of all the dogs they ever made! I occasionally discover new and interesting breeds by this brand- as an example I recently saw such a realistic lying German Shepherd up for sale by this brand which I had never seen before anywhere! cheers
I love that Boxer, but again these models are becoming increasingly hard to find! His pose is definitely a real highlight about this model, and actually really like the glossy texture of him, it really adds that extra 'spark' to the already lively pose! Very Happy I love how the Dobermann is raising a paw, I find it so sweet whenever dogs do this- and its lovely to see a pointer too! Very Happy I love how these three have a real vintage look about them as well- definitely very good finds! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 12:13 am

I guess I didn't realize AAA was so mysterious! I have to agree, the boxer is the best of the lot. I have so many boxers now from so many brands, it's a fun comparison.

Now I'll be keeping an eye out for any matching dogs out there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that "vintage look" was what caught my eye to begin with! I had to find out what they were. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 2:21 am

I would be very curious to see that shepherd, Bonnie; did you save a photo?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:27 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Oh yes, definitely! Very Happy This beautiful GSD is actually still up for sale, probably because the price is so high! Shocked But I'm sure you will agree it is a wonderful and mysterious model too, I always wonder why no one has ever seen him before... study ! I am gradually saving up for him, although for the price the seller is offering it would probably be the same as a few other major brand dogs! Laughing
Here is the link, hopefully this helps! Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It seems to have the same mould as this wolf: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 12:31 pm

Jill wrote:
I guess I didn't realize AAA was so mysterious! I have to agree, the boxer is the best of the lot. I have so many boxers now from so many brands, it's a fun comparison.

Now I'll be keeping an eye out for any matching dogs out there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that "vintage look" was what caught my eye to begin with! I had to find out what they were. Very Happy

Do you have any Boxer at 1:12 scale? I would love to see the small AAA Boxer in comparison with one of those. New-Ray USA or Schleich made dogs at that scale.

Bonnie wrote:
pipsxlch wrote:
Oh yes, definitely! Very Happy This beautiful GSD is actually still up for sale, probably because the price is so high! Shocked But I'm sure you will agree it is a wonderful and mysterious model too, I always wonder why no one has ever seen him before... study ! I am gradually saving up for him, although for the price the seller is offering it would probably be the same as a few other major brand dogs! Laughing
Here is the link, hopefully this helps! Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It seems to have the same mould as this wolf: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Monster House is probably the most tempting seller because he seems to be able of finding everything. However, his prices are often unfriendly, sometimes they're even quite exaggerated. Though, I bought once from him, a rare Safari red-cheeked salamander and the price was very good and with free shipping. I see he still have two for sale but they're now slightly more expensive.

For AAA dogs we have this catalogue page for reference.

Jill

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 7:31 pm

Unfortunately, I have no New Ray or Schleich dogs! And my Breyer companion dogs, which might be similarly sized, are packed up (not sure what scale they are). I have the Toy Major, Funrise, AAA, Marx, and the little Wild Republic tube boxers.

Here it is beside the Schleich okapi, though. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for sharing those catalogue pages, also. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 8:20 pm

Thanks a lot, it already gives a good idea. I may be able of calculating the scale using the very useful Lego brick you included in your picture. Basically, a 1:12 scale Boxer should be 2 inches tall at its shoulder.
It seems Breyer made dogs in several scales but if you mean these below, they are very large at 1:9 scale.

Picture is externally linked from an Ebay sale, credits go to the seller. Wink

Jill

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 8:26 pm

Yes, I do mean those dogs. This little guy is 1.75 inches at the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 8:46 pm

Here are my boxers. The white is a repaintes New Ray.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 9:24 pm

Boxer comparisons, an AAA catalogue page and Breyer dogs, what a wonderful, interesting and dog-filled topic! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 9:40 pm

Thanks Jill for measuring it and obviously thanks also Paige for one more perfect comparison pictures.
It can be used for a 1:12 scale if we assume it is slightly smaller than a standard Boxer or just assuming it is not a full grown one. Actually, I think it looks like a juvenile.
Paige, your Boxers look anxious to receive the CollectA new friend. Very Happy

Jill

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:09 pm

All those boxers look great together! What a pack!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:15 pm

Thank you everyone. :)

Yes I need the newer Bully and CollectA models... drunken

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 4:24 am

[quote="Roger"]
Jill wrote:
I guess I didn't realize AAA was so mysterious! I have to agree, Monster House is probably the most tempting seller because he seems to be able of finding everything. However, his prices are often unfriendly, sometimes they're even quite exaggerated. Though, I bought once from him, a rare Safari red-cheeked salamander and the price was very good and with free shipping. I see he still have two for sale but they're now slightly more expensive.

For AAA dogs we have this catalogue page for reference.

Those dogs and cats are nice models, though those 3 larger cats seem especially nice- particularly the playful one. I like the lying down shepherd from the smaller dog set.
Thanks for showing the page, Roger! Funny that in the photo with the horse, they have the 3 dog breeds totally wrong. Laughing
Bonnie, your shepherd model to be does look like the wolf mom- wonder if it had pups too?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 10:26 am

pipsxlch wrote:

Those dogs and cats are nice models, though those 3 larger cats seem especially nice- particularly the playful one. I like the lying down shepherd from the smaller dog set.
Thanks for showing the page, Roger! Funny that in the photo with the horse, they have the 3 dog breeds totally wrong. Laughing  

Laughing I had noticed it too, they messed it completely but apparently the figures are correctly marked. What is particularly interesting is that this is a catalogue of an Italian stockist and the Neapolitan Mastiff is an Italian breed. An unlucky mistake. geek

Bonnie

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 11:05 am

pipsxlch wrote:

Bonnie, your shepherd model to be does look like the wolf mom- wonder if it had pups too?
[/quote]
Yes, I wonder too! study I hope it did because I'm sure the pups would have been very sweet! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AAA Dog models Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Dog models   AAA Dog models Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Dog models
Page 1 of 1