Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Penguins and Meerkats

Go down 
+4
Advicot
Roger
SUSANNE
Taos
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Penguins and Meerkats Empty
PostSubject: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 3:54 pm

Found these on a day trip to another city.They had a small selection of models on sale at reduced cost.Its unusual to find these on sale with any regularity in the UK.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 5:03 pm

They are very nice models , even if I am not too crazy about the moveable wings on the penguins Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 5:12 pm

It is interesting that some of the Ania series can be found in Europe. Actually, they have a design more European oriented than Japanese oriented.
Both pairs are from Ania Series AS, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Emperor penguins and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Meerkat adult with cub. All are missing on TAW as well as the most part of the figures of these series.

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 5:15 pm

May I ask where this shop is... I may investigate

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 5:39 pm

Interesting figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Adam-the shop was in Portsmouth called Toyland-I found it by chance.They had the usual stock of Schleich and the only models they had by this company were Meerkats,Penguins,Whale shark and a Velociraptor.

tjjtjjtjja

Country/State : China/Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 2:57 pm

The movable series can be easily bought in China.

The movable series sales in China.

Last edited by tjjtjjtjja on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 2:58 pm

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 2:59 pm

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 2:59 pm

tjjtjjtjja

tjjtjjtjja

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Official website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Jun 27, 2020 7:11 pm

Other interesting animals, I want the stegosaurus.

cheers

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Thank you!nice to see all the models.I have another few in the series as well.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySun Jun 28, 2020 4:58 pm

Thanks Dirk

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 am

tjjtjjtjja wrote:
Official website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Dirk

Thanks for the catalogues but Ania are virtually impossible to find in the UK.

The place I have seen them last was a bargain store and the prices were greatly reduced from the SRP.

Trouble is next to these on the shelves were bags of 20 plus animals for the reduced price of one Ania model!

In fact the UK is a bit of a desert for animal figures apart from Schleich and the cheap big bags crammed full of animals of various scales and usually brightly coloured - red elephant anyone?

Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 9:47 am

Would agree with you Chris!Its Schleich,Schleich,Schleich and China animals all the way.In my local area I only have one shop that does a limited array of Collect A animals and another that does Papo!A lot of my other finds are charity shops and also discount stores,which can be very hit and miss.I was surprised when I went to visit Hamleys in London recently as they had a huge selection of Papo,Breyer and even Collect A so if you ever go........ Smile

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 11:19 am

Taos wrote:
Would agree with you Chris!Its Schleich,Schleich,Schleich and China animals all the way.In my local area I only have one shop that does a limited array of Collect A animals and another that does Papo!A lot of my other finds are charity shops and also discount stores,which can be very hit and miss.I was surprised when I went to visit Hamleys in London recently as they had a huge selection of Papo,Breyer and even Collect A so if you ever go........ Smile

Thanks for the heads up Taylor regarding Hamleys. Would love to go to a proper toy shop and see not just a range of animals by one company but a range of model animal manufacturers. My local independent toy shop closed a few years ago and is greatly missed by the community it served. Most of my Papo figures were purchased in a shop that was in a craft centre but they have closed too. BTW the craft centre is still there.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penguins and Meerkats   Penguins and Meerkats Empty

Back to top Go down

Penguins and Meerkats
Page 1 of 1