Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AAA Zebras

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
costicuba
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 3:55 am

Hi guys, bulgarian night owl again Laughing

Look what Kosta has in his collection :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cheers cheers cheers
I really like this Zebra family. Imagine these models , with good paint job :) One day maybe they will be Wink

I noticed, that the male is missing on TAW, so like for my AAA donkeys, I decided to make a walk around of all 4 .

These two are great singing duet ... Or just smiling for a selfie ..? What a Face

But let`s start with the crazy male :

The mare is also a very nice, in a calm, natural pose :

I also like very much this wonderful foal. Very nice proportions and lovely face :

And this one, just as crazy as his dad What a Face

Strangely, it is not on the catalog photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] scratch

Ok, enough for so many strips Very Happy

Look Roger, I waited a couple of days, before showing this topic geek

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 8:56 am

They are wonderful cheers

Roger gave me the smiling foal some time ago, and I love his silly grin Laughing
But I had no idea that he had inhereited the grin from his dad affraid
The fun thing about him is that I bought one of his twins for andother sts member in USA, and as often before, it was very hard to let him go Embarassed geek

costicuba wrote:

A beauuuuutyful picture  drunken
They are a gorgeous little family, and I am very happy that you present them to us  Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 9:25 am

Interesting, in my opinion they have a little Chap Mei style

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 9:38 am

widukind wrote:

Yes !!! Now you mention it, I can see it also Laughing
Not a bad thin, - I adore Chap Mei models Wink

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:52 am

Now Kosta I wish to visit your collection, your recent walkarounds of AAA figures has made me want to delve deeper into the Bulgarian night owl's collection

Great walkaround f some figures I wouldn't own but enjoy looking at

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 1:22 pm

Kosta, I am so glad you opened this topic. Naturally it is always exciting to see a topic about a new released figure but I think some older models also deserve a special atention as it happens with these iconic zebras or the Britains wildebeest Susanne presented recently.About the fact that you posted several topics in a single day, there isn't anything wrong, I just think we have more fun and time to enjoy your wonderful topics if they are presented in different days. Just like the fox of the Little Prince, a kind of addictive routine that promote even stronger links between all of us. It is also ajoy to see every day a new topic, we will miss you in these days you won't do it. Wink Though, everyone is free to present topics in a way that is more convenient, sometimes we have time, sometimes we don't. Unfortunately, it seems the draft function on forum doesn't work for new topics, just for new posts.
About your zebras, I really love that family, I always suspected that charming baby could belong to it but I really didn't know its size worked so nicely. It is often sold in a set of babies as you can see below and it is really strange it is not together with his family in htat catalogue. We know how modular is AAA range, so we should not be surprised at all.
These models have a lot of character, I love especially the stallion laughing, yes, it is laughing and not smiling and zebras do really laugh a lot. I love also the detail that ears are turned backwards, as the animal couldn't tolerate its own voice. The tail in suspension also contributes to the expression of the animal. By the way, the slightly lifted tail of the grazing mare is also a great detail.
Your models are in great condition, I am not sure they are the best candidats for a repaint. Maybe someday you can find the stallion in a poor condition for a little money and you repaint it? Again, it is up to your own decision.
After our conversation about new Mojö zebras, it is interesting to see that these models have the inner legs painted, tail has strips, ears have the dark markings, they miss however the dorsal strips.

Foal in a set of smiling babies

Here a crop of the catalogue you linked with the standing foal.

widukind wrote:

Andreas, do you remember the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Roger wrote:
Kosta, I am so glad you opened this topic. Naturally it is always exciting to see a topic about a new released figure but I think some older models also deserve a special atention as it happens with these iconic zebras or the Britains wildebeest Susanne presented recently.About the fact that you posted several topics in a single day, there isn't anything wrong, I just think we have more fun and time to enjoy your wonderful topics if they are presented in different days. Just like the fox of the Little Prince, a kind of addictive routine that promote even stronger links between all of us. It is also ajoy to see every day a new topic, we will miss you in these days you won't do it. Wink Though, everyone is free to present topics in a way that is more convenient, sometimes we have time, sometimes we don't. Unfortunately, it seems the draft function on forum doesn't work for new topics, just for new posts.
About your zebras, I really love that family, I always suspected that charming baby could belong to it but I really didn't know its size worked so nicely. It is often sold in a set of babies as you can see below and it is really strange it is not together with his family in htat catalogue. We know how modular is AAA range, so we should not be surprised at all.
These models have a lot of character, I love especially the stallion laughing, yes, it is laughing and not smiling and zebras do really laugh a lot. I love also the detail that ears are turned backwards, as the animal couldn't tolerate its own voice. The tail in suspension also contributes to the expression of the animal. By the way, the slightly lifted tail of the grazing mare is also a great detail.
Your models are in great condition, I am not sure they are the best candidats for a repaint. Maybe someday you can find the stallion in a poor condition for a little money and you repaint it? Again, it is up to your own decision.
After our conversation about new Mojö zebras, it is interesting to see that these models have the inner legs painted, tail has strips, ears have the dark markings, they miss however the dorsal strips.

Foal in a set of smiling babies

Here a crop of the catalogue you linked with the standing foal.

widukind wrote:

Andreas, do you remember the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

Yes, i remeber me. But on Kostas pics it is much better to see that

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 6:25 pm

Thank you Susanne :)))

SUSANNE wrote:
They are wonderful cheers

Roger gave me the smiling foal some time ago, and I love his silly grin Laughing
But I had no idea that he had inhereited the grin from his dad affraid
The fun thing about him is that I bought one of his twins for andother sts member in USA, and as often before, it was very hard to let him go Embarassed geek

Actually it was me, who gave you the smiling foal some time ago Embarassed Very Happy

costicuba

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 6:30 pm

Thank you Andreas , Adam and Roger for commenting here :)

Adam, I am glad you want to see my collection too Very Happy But like I said on other topic, it is a big mess...
and also I still remember your dream, which makes me be a bit afraid .. Laughing

Roger, I completely agree , that it si far better, to present walk arounds not more then one for a day .
I just didn`t know if I will have time these days... :) But I found Very Happy

I am glad you also like these zebras :)
Thank you for the info.

Admin
Roger

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 8:42 pm

Kosta, thanks to your topic I could redesign the AAA zebras page on TAW!
I know there is at least one more zebra and strangely we are missing a picture of the Grevy's zebra, the most popular some years ago. You probably haven't noticed, but your zebra mare was also missing, it is not the same as the other grazing zebra already uploaded by Kiki. Yours is larger and slightly different. A good way to identify them is from their back profile, yours is concave while the other is almost straight. Their tails and legs pose are also slightly different.
Ha, I've red Susanne telling she received her foal from a Roger and I was not remembering at all. Laughing As I often forget what I send, I decided to not comment. pale Wink

Caracal

Country/State : France

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 10:55 pm

Thank you Kosta for this new and as usualy wonderful walkaround of replicas I did'nt know! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 3:32 am

Thank you very much Alain for your words :)

And Roger, thank you again for doing the TAW work in a best way Applause
Hmm, you are saying that the Grevy's zebra was the most popular some years ago, but I think I never see this model before... Also on the catalog photos is missing...Now I am interested how it looks :)
And you are right, I didn`t notice, that actually my Zebra mare is different than this one from Kiki Very Happy
I just saw a grazing zebra and I taught, ok we have it ... But you are right, these models are different in shape and also in size. The Kiki`s one is a lot smaller. You definitely have a good eye for details :)

One other interesting thing, the smiling foal, which we have on TAW by Susanne , has yellow eyes This one ...mine actually has red eyes Very Happy

Hah Very Happy So you were surpised, that you gave this smiling fellow to Susanne, but you don`t remember for it Laughing Yeah, I completely understand Susanne... I have so many gifts from her and I also sometimes forget, do I have this model from her or from somebody else.. :)
But what is more great than this, to have so many gifts from dear STS friends, that sometimes to forget which one from whom was Very Happy I wish to everybody this great feeling sunny

Admin
Roger

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 9:46 am

Many years ago I could find in my homeland a few AAA figures, branded Yolanda and I remember sending some to STS members. Though, that foal I don't remember seeing it at all, actually, I only remember the grazing zebra, the same as Kiki but I have no idea to who I sent it.
The AAA grevy's zebra was popular because some people wanted it but not many people owned it. I can't find it but Susanne owned it in the past and her model was the nicest painted I can remember. It is the same mould as VexVamp (now Hawk) presented on forum but there are loads of variations that goes almost from a plain's zebra to a grevy's. Here one picture I've found online.
Notice this model, when compared with @Hawk's figure,  has almost twice of the strips and the belly is white.
Thanks for pointing the difference in colours in the eyes of that foal, variantions among AAA figures ocur exaustively but I will enter it on TAW too.

costicuba

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 3:33 am

Ahaa, I see now, the same model, but painted with more strips, to be a grevy's zebra.
Thank you for showing this info to me Roger :)

Admin
Roger

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 12:20 am

Yes, actually the painting of this variation is quite nice for a Grevy's zebra. Strangely, the variation with less strips, do not match a plains zebra once it doesn't have the wide horizontal strips on hind quarters. Once it is an excellent topic about AAA zebras, for reference, I want to show an online picture of one zebra foal still missing. I don't know if this model was also part of the ELC wild babies set. 
Once I can't use this picture, if someone owns it, please... bounce 

costicuba

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 4:46 am

Sorry roger, I didn`t understand, you are saying, that this zebra foal is still missing...
What do you mean? It is the same zebra foal, which I showed here :)

Advicot

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:49 am

Roger the zebra foal wasn't part of the ELC wildlife babies set :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 1:14 pm

Thanks Adam!  costicuba wrote:
Sorry roger, I didn`t understand, you are saying, that this zebra foal is still missing...
What do you mean? It is the same zebra foal, which I showed here :)

I see I was deceived by the angle, this foal seemed to have shorter legs and a straighter tail but you are right, it is the same model. AAA has loads of similar figures and sometimes it is hard to tell just from pictures. So, even if we know AAA is never a closed subject, the adult Grevy's zebra is the only zebra figure missing according with my notes.

costicuba

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 12:08 am

Hey Roger,
searching on google for one squirrel model, to help Susanne find the brand..
I found this
website
Is it Torben`s website ? If it is, maybe we can use photos for TAW from it ..? :)

Admin
Roger

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 1:46 am

costicuba wrote:
Hey Roger,
searching on google for one squirrel model, to help Susanne find the brand..
I found this
website
Is it Torben`s website ? If it is, maybe we can use photos for TAW from it ..? :)

Yes Kosta. It is Torben website. I even added some time ago a link on AAA Zebras TAW page to it. It was more for editing reference once now TAW page is more complete than Torben's. I already used a few of Torben's pictures but I don't know why I avoid them. Maybe I will use some of these pictures in more complex sections once some things get lost when we are a long time not editing in a certain section.

costicuba

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 6:18 am

I saw many interesting models, especially on AAA section, which we still don`t have on TAW :)
He has a wonderful baby Pangolin :) It look`s like real

Advicot

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 11:27 am

Yes, great find Kosta! It also includes the snowy owl and arctic hare that can be found in the ELC polar animal set! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 2:36 pm

Adam, could you check if I've got it correctly? here! I believe so because there weren't other alternatives. Laughing

costicuba wrote:
I saw many interesting models, especially on AAA section, which we still don`t have on TAW :)
He has a wonderful baby Pangolin :) It look`s like real

Yes, I already used Torben pictures, you can find a few on AAA Elephants page.
I may use it again but I still have loads of pictures to upload from other members. I will do it with AAA section due to its complexity and maybe it will help to get things sorted.
I know these pangolins, they are beautiful, there is a larger version that also looks like a youngster and this one almost looks like it was cast from a recently born pangolin. Unfortunately these figures are very rare. Sad

Advicot

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyMon Jul 06, 2020 8:34 pm

Hurrah another ELC set is complete, thanks Roger :) If you need help with ELC, I'm the one to go to Very Happy
Now I just to get the baby penguin, hare and owl, and I'll have the set complete once again.

Torben's AAA collection is wonderful as well as many of his other figures, now I just need to persuade him to give me some Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 1:52 am

Adam, also the ELC mini Pets is complete now. There are already 97 ELC figures listed on TAW, not counting with the AAA sold as ELC, of course. I really need your help, are you sure the Farm Minis were so many? Could you check please?
The bad news is that Torben is not collecting anymore for a long time and he sold his collection. So, probably the best idea is to use his pics as long as they are available.

AAA Zebras Empty
PostSubject: Re: AAA Zebras   AAA Zebras Empty

Back to top Go down

AAA Zebras
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next