Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround

Go down 
+6
Ana
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
landrover
VexVamp
10 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 5:52 pm

I've been looking for this little guy for awhile, and finally managed to find him being sold in a lot of two along with a AAA tiger. I'm really lucky to have spotted him, as these figures are very hard to come by. As usual for this company, this figure has a terrific sense of weight and form. The pictures really don't do him justice, but you just get the sense of the animal's weight sinking into the ground, which is especially appropriate for a feline, with how fluid their anatomy can be. It's a shame more figure makers today don't put this kind of time and care into their base sculpts, as every animal I've seen from W.A.I. has been a beautiful piece of art, despite having fairly minimalist paint jobs compared to many modern figures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Hawk on Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 6:03 pm

This figure has a very rare pose, I like it. cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 1:21 am

Thank you. So a beautiful figure. To sad that we only knows a few figures of that really interesting brand

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 1:56 am

Congratulations for finding it, as you mentioned, W.A.I. figures are not easy to find and this particular model as a very unique design. I really love it! Very Happy Thanks for providing pictures from many angles, it would be not easy to perceive correctly the pose of this model from a single angle. I will add it to TAW when possible. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 2:02 am

Thankyou for sharing this great catch in such beautyful photos  cheers

I agreee, - it is an extremely beautyful and charming model drunken

Not much can be as flat as a kitten resting on the side, - and then something suddenly caught his attention Shocked Laughing

I never even heard of that brand before, but I can see it is on TAW.
We surely need these pictures there, and I can see that Roger looks after that Very Happy

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 3:53 am

Wow, the pose is just amazing! Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 7:52 am

Truly an amazing pose! Lovely tiger!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 9:57 am

How big is he ? Very Happy

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 10:34 am

Lovely model! Smile

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 11:26 am

Look at that face, his pose is marvellous great find :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptyFri Jul 03, 2020 7:39 pm

I think, now many of us are fans of this model Very Happy
It is wonderful, how a model, not sculpted with so mutch details, can look so realistic.
Susanne desctribed the pose very well.
Thank you for sharing with us.. and also now many of us want to know more about this brand . and other models :)

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:45 pm

landrover wrote:

This figure has a very rare pose, I like it. cheers

I'm glad to hear it!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:46 pm

widukind wrote:
Thank you. So a beautiful figure. To sad that we only knows a few figures of that really interesting brand

Agreed. I'm trying at every opportunity to pick more up and shed more light on this elusive company.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:47 pm

Roger wrote:
Congratulations for finding it, as you mentioned, W.A.I. figures are not easy to find and this particular model as a very unique design. I really love it! Very Happy Thanks for providing pictures from many angles, it would be not easy to perceive correctly the pose of this model from a single angle. I will add it to TAW when possible. Very Happy

Thanks, I feel very lucky to have it. It's a relief that the pose came across, because I was never completely satisfied with the angles I was getting.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:48 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for sharing this great catch in such beautyful photos  cheers

I agreee, - it is an extremely beautyful and charming model drunken

Not much can be as flat as a kitten resting on the side, - and then something suddenly caught his attention Shocked Laughing

I never even heard of that brand before, but I can see it is on TAW.
We surely need these pictures there, and I can see that Roger looks after that Very Happy

I'm glad you like it. And yes, cats seem to somehow exist in both a solid and liquid state all at once.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:48 pm

Ana wrote:
Wow, the pose is just amazing! Applause

Agreed! I really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Shanti wrote:
Truly an amazing pose! Lovely tiger!!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:49 pm

Taos wrote:
Lovely model! Smile

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

Advicot wrote:
Look at that face, his pose is marvellous great find :)

Thanks! I agree, that expression is particularly adorable.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:50 pm

costicuba wrote:
I think, now many of us are fans of this model Very Happy
It is wonderful, how a model, not sculpted with so mutch details, can look so realistic.
Susanne desctribed the pose very well.
Thank you for sharing with us.. and also now many of us want to know more about this brand . and other models :)

I'm glad to be able to share it with everyone here. It's definitely one of my favorite tiger figures.
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 9:51 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
How big is he ? Very Happy

Oops, I just realized I forgot to post a size comparison. Thanks for the reminder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround   tiger - Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Wildlife Artists Inc. W.A.I. Tiger Cub Walkaround
Page 1 of 1