Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise

Go down 
+9
Advicot
widukind
costicuba
halichoeres
pipsxlch
NightLioness
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
thomas-asa
13 posters
AuthorMessage
thomas-asa

thomas-asa

Country/State : Germany

two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise Empty
PostSubject: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 6:57 pm

Today I would like to briefly introduce two fish that I personally think are very well designed. They are also two species that are not often seen as figures.

Both can be found under the label 'Animal Paradise' at various Chinese dealers. Mostly at very different prices. Except the enclosed tag the figures do not have any markings. Both figures are available with and without a stand (the stand is modelled differently for both species). Both figures have a length of 18cm and a height of 7cm.

Normally the figures of 'Animal Paradise' are almost identical to the corresponding figures of 'Safari Ltd'. If interested I could show examples (Hidden Kingdom, Incredible Creatures and marine animals).

But I could not find these two fish in the dealer catalogues 2012-2019 of Safari.

1. Bichir/Flösselhecht: probably Polypterus endlicherii from West Africa. The animals are up to 80cm in size.
Polypteridae are living fossils. Since 230 million years they are living in fresh water. They are considered a link to the first land dwellers. For example, they have a pair of swim bladders that have been transformed into lungs. Their fins are fleshy at the base and could be the precursor to the legs of amphibians. Today's raft pike species are found in Africa near the aquator. They are 30 - 90 cm long predatory fish.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2. Arapaima/Pirarucu. The animals of this Genus belong to the largest freshwater fishes on earth. They can grow over two meters long and weigh up to 130 kg. They are living in the Amazon region.

Last edited by thomas-asa on Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bully.asa-multimedia.de/My_Collection/Welcome.html
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 7:38 pm

Thay are fantastic cheers

I have never thougt Animal Paradise would make something so unusual and interesting, - and very, very good both sculptureing and paintwork Shocked

Thankyou very much for those great pictures Applause flower

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 7:44 pm

these are knockoffs of the Favorite soft model fishes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 9:04 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

Ahhh ! Shocked

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 10:07 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

Correct!

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 2:39 am

They're PVC? That would make them an improvement, and quite desirable. (I dislike soft models) Sbell might be interested in these.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 5:06 am

The Favorite Soft Models are also PVC. I'm not sure why they call them 'soft,' maybe to differentiate from their polyresin products? Are you thinking of their squishy vinyl models?

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 6:13 am

Thank you for sharing with us Thomas.
Yes, like other members already wrote, these models are knockoffs of the Favorite Co, ltd. original models of the Ancient Fishes line.
I have these two also, but the original Kinto Favorite + also the Coelacanth model, which is also very nice.
And I have to say, that these models are made very close to the original models.
Not only of the good qality of the plastic material, but also the paint job is very close.

Sbell is fish model collector and he presented most of these Favorite Co, fishes to us, on the Kinto Favorite section,
but unfortunatelly , all his photos are gone  Sad  and you can`t see them.

That`s why I will show here the Favorite website with the Ancient Fishes line
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You can see all models, which they made.

The  'Animal Paradise' is some kind of chinse manufacturer, which copy almost all major brand models + many more other brands.
Unfortunatelly we can see soo many of these knockoffs everywere on Ebay and Aliexpress.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 3:27 pm

Ah, okay. I don't have any, and the company naming them 'soft' made me think they were foam rubber or something. Good info, thanks!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 4:50 pm

Great catch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:16 pm

WOW! Great additions

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 11:12 pm

If they're copies, they look really great! Thanks for sharing such interesting information.

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptySat Aug 08, 2020 7:05 am

pipsxlch wrote:
They're PVC? That would make them an improvement, and quite desirable. (I dislike soft models) Sbell might be interested in these.

Of course I have the original! And they are indeed PVC. But I'd also get a vinyl oversized one if it existed.

I have seen this knockoff before, and I'll get one eventually. I recently got a sturgeon from a similar source!

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 11:32 am

Nice models Thomas, now we know that there are several species of Arapaima's by DNA research...

sbell

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 2:37 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Nice models Thomas, now we know that there are several species of Arapaima's by DNA research...

As far as we can tell though, most figures if not all are still Arapaima gigas since the species are cryptic.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 2:52 pm

yes most probably, as the discovery of the new species is just recently anyway.

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 9:44 pm

Interesting post. Is there an online site where I can see all the animal paradise models? I have the 3 Wapiti Elks from this brand but nothing else and I would like to see all the models they made
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 12:40 am

Numaan wrote:
Interesting post.  Is there an online site where I can see all the animal paradise models?  I have the 3 Wapiti Elks from this brand but nothing else and I would like to see all the models they made

I don't think so. It appears to be one of many recast companies, like Oenux as another example. They kind of take from all of the favorite companies, and make small changes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise   two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise Empty

Back to top Go down

two interesting fish species from Animal Paradise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: