Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround

Go down 
+3
Advicot
SUSANNE
VexVamp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VexVamp

VexVamp

Country/State : United States

Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:28 am

These Schleich color variants came with the now very expensive Schleich watering hole playset, but will occasionally pop up separately from the playset on Ebay. I recently received them as a gift for my birthday, and feel very lucky to have them in my collection. White lions are a particular favorite of mine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://VexCollects.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 8:50 am

OHHHH! They are SO lovely I love you

Congratulations with these great rarities, and thans for the beautyful photos flower

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 8:52 am

I just see that these two are not in TAW, - may we use your photos, please ? bounce

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:01 pm

They are nicer than I thought, but I have their normal coloured counterparts so they won't come into my collection

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm

I discovered I have the white lion in an old Schleich calendar Shocked

But it is not opened, and I would like to avoid doing that just to take a picture Embarassed

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:31 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VexVamp

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 am

SUSANNE wrote:
I just see that these two are not in TAW, - may we use your photos, please ? bounce

Sorry for the really late reply, I kept putting off responding to comments and eventually forgot about them. But yes, all walkarounds I post are free to be uploaded on TAW.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 1:05 am

I missed these white lions. Surely good candidats for rarities if they are not already. Even the white lion subject,, quite marketable, was surprisingly never explored before by Schleich if I am not wrong. Congratulations for ahving these. Very Happy

VexVamp

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 1:40 am

Roger wrote:
I missed these white lions. Surely good candidats for rarities if they are not already. Even the white lion subject,, quite marketable, was surprisingly never explored before by Schleich if I am not wrong. Congratulations for ahving these. Very Happy

Thanks! I felt very lucky to get them. As far as I know these were Schleich's only white lions until the recently announced white lioness and cubs set. I hope that will signal more to be made in the future, as white lions are a personal favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 7:56 am

Thankyou, - they will be in TAW as soon as I can find the time Very Happy

VexVamp wrote:

Thanks! I felt very lucky to get them. As far as I know these were Schleich's only white lions until the recently announced white lioness and cubs set. I hope that will signal more to be made in the future, as white lions are a personal favorite of mine.

There was an"exclusive" white lion some years ago, but I have never seen it Rolling Eyes

And the new white lion, alas, is snowy white and full of pink flowers or such Rolling Eyes Laughing

Mumm

Country/State : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptySat May 08, 2021 6:21 pm

I'll use this old topic, I hope it's okay. Anyway... I managed to find a toy store that still sells the Watering Hole set, they had last two in stock. 119€ per set.
What's your opinion... Is it worth it? I'm torn as it seems quite expensive for a set. But on the other hand it is probably the most realistic and pretty sets I've ever seen... Idk what to do :/
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptySat May 08, 2021 9:56 pm

Amazing that you found it, I never knew it was so rare now as I just did a search for it and it seems to be unavailable on Amazon! Shocked I bought this set a few years ago and I would say it is definitely worth it- it's so beautiful, the water, sand rocks, and waterfall are so realistic, and of course it comes with those beautiful white lions! Very Happy After I did some research it appears that a set was also sold with the golden lions, so maybe there was an older and newer version! scratch Even though it's expensive, I think you've found it for very good value now too- on Ebay they seem to be between £200 and £400!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Mumm

Country/State : Estonia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptySun May 09, 2021 3:07 pm

I just realized that it's only the Watering Hole part (not the full 3-piece set) :/ So it does not come with the pale version of lions Sad
Already got my hopes up, but I guess the full set would be even more expensive... I think I'm gonna pass on this one as there is probably no way I'd manage to find the missing 2 pieces (river? and waterfall)

I have 120 animal figures in total:
Schleich - 114
New Ray - 5
Noname - 1
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround EmptySun May 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Mumm wrote:
I just realized that it's only the Watering Hole part (not the full 3-piece set) :/ So it does not come with the pale version of lions Sad
Already got my hopes up, but I guess the full set would be even more expensive... I think I'm gonna pass on this one as there is probably no way I'd manage to find the missing 2 pieces (river? and waterfall)
Oh, yes that's so annoying, they did sell quite a few different sets, and some separately! Sad Yes, the other two pieces are the river and waterfall- I'm sure if you keep checking Ebay, that hopefully they may come up for sale for a good price! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround   Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Watering Hole Variant White Lion and Cub Walkaround
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: