Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Britains and Preiser

Go down 
+4
Roger
landrover
SUSANNE
Taos
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Britains and Preiser Empty
PostSubject: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 6:54 pm

As Preisler was mentioned here are my only 2 models with Britains for comparison.The Preisler are 1/25.A Moose and a Red Deer.
Britains and Preiser 00442
Britains and Preiser 00637

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 8:23 pm

All beautyful models cheers

Perhaps the most beautyful one is the Preisler moose, but I love them all Very Happy

Thankyou for the comparisons Applause

landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 8:47 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Perhaps the most beautyful one is the Preisler moose, but I love them all Very Happy

I agree, this moose is really nice. sunny sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptySun Aug 09, 2020 10:46 pm

I agree the Preiser moose is very beautiful. Though, it is good to notice that as it has the head turned, we can see its beautiful antlers sprayned in fullness. Britains is a very serious model too, i have it and I warrant it is fantastic!
Great comparisons Taylor, I see Preiser models are slightly small for 1:25 scale, I think they never released an ostrich or it may work for Roger's 1/32 scale collection. Though, I am not completely sure they didn't. study

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 12:44 am

Thank you for these wonderful comparisons Taylor ! cheers
The Preisler moose is on my wish list for a long time. I really like this one :)

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:27 pm

landrover wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I agree, this moose is really nice.   sunny  sunny

Same here

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Roger wrote:
I agree the Preiser moose is very beautiful. I see Preiser models are slightly small for 1:25 scale, I think they never released an ostrich or it may work for Roger's 1/32 scale collection. Though, I am not completely sure they didn't. study

No, unfortunately, no ostrich. But the moose is useable as a large 1:32 scale animal (probably better than 1:25 scale). I bought an earlier Hausser Elastolin version recently:
Britains and Preiser Hausse26
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 1:17 am

Taylor, I have been holding off buying these wonderful larger scale Preiser animals for over 20 years!

One day I will hit the buy button and I will be lost to collecting another brand.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 1:43 am

Roger, very beautiful moose too! Notice the antlers are more horizontal on a model while more vertical on another, they may represent different subspecies. I never calculated the scale of a Schleich moose but I suspect they are not far from 1:24 and they are surely much larger than those from Preiser. scratch

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 9:12 pm

I suspect that due to long-term storage, the antlers of my moose have deformed. Apart from pointing up, they are the same.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 1:27 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
I suspect that due to long-term storage, the antlers of my moose have deformed. Apart from pointing up, they are the same.

Really? Isolation is one of the best tools of the speciation. I suspect all this confinement is turning me into a neanderthal. affraid

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 9:39 pm

Thank you for all your comments and happy to help!Chris,I was lucky to get my models in the mid 90s on a trip to Vienna!This is a copy of the Preisler Moose!
Britains and Preiser Copy-p10

PostSubject: Re: Britains and Preiser   Britains and Preiser Empty

Back to top Go down

Britains and Preiser
Page 1 of 1