Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List

Go down 
+7
widukind
Pardofelis
Roger
pipsxlch
Advicot
SUSANNE
Gecko08
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 12:05 am

Well I’m not going out of my way to pay 70 dollars for the Colorata one. I think the one in the pictures will make its way into my collection

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 12:39 am

halichoeres wrote:
It's a knock-off of Colorata's Cameroceras. That's a shame.
What’s so shameful about it? I get a Cameroceras so I’m all smiling. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 8:02 pm

So, I finally got the ROM figures and I’m ready to show them here. I though they would be inferior the the favorite softmodels but now that I have them in hand, I really like them a lot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Wiwaxia corrugata
Company: Royal Ontario Museum
Scale: 1:1
Release Date: 2000

Opabinia regalis

Pikaia gracilens

Olenoides serratus

Peytoia nathorsti

And last, here is the ROM models compared to the softmodels.

Last edited by Gecko08 on Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 1:01 am

That's a set with very unusual creatures and long gone. It seems they fit exactly your collecting tastes. It is always fantastic when we receive figures and they're over our expectations.

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 2:16 am

It is nice to have your expectation exceeded. Thankfully my expectations have always been met by figures. I just sent a message to the Royal Ontario Museum so that hopefully they will make other Primeval Predators kits.
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 4:43 am

I’m surprised at the difference of the Favorite softmodel and the ROM Olenoides model. And they’re supposed to represent the same animal!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 12:07 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 2:46 pm

Wonderful rarities. Applause
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Thank you. I’ll be making a diorama about the ROM figures so I’m sure it will turn out well.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Here it is! I guess all Cambrian sets make wonderful dioramas.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 11:05 pm

Looks great! It is always refreshing to see something different from a giraffe with an acacia. Well, to be fair it is great to see all kinds of dioramas. Wink

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 4:00 am

And since I made two other tub dioramas, I could just find the lids and stack them up!
That is literally layers of creatures! From the Cambrian to be specific!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 1:19 pm

What a great idea cheers

Super dioramas Applause Applause

Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 3:49 pm

And Susanne, I need your help. Since you are an admin, you can (maybe) edit the title of my other page.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I need you to change “Cambrian Dioramas” to “Paleozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos” just like I have written here.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 1:24 am

Gecko08 wrote:
And Susanne, I need your help. Since you are an admin, you can (maybe) edit the title of my other page.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I need you to change “Cambrian Dioramas” to “Paleozoic Dioramas & Outdoor Photos” just like I have written here.

I renamed that topic for you. Though, you can also rename your own topics just clicking on the cross you find on the top right of the first post. Just rewrite the title of the topic and save it.

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Thanks roger! I didn’t know but I do now!

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 7:32 pm

Also does anyone know about an Eotriceratops figures?

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 9:14 pm

Vitae made a prototype of Eotriceratops, but I don't think it ever entered production. Diramix made a cheap rubber one, but it's very ugly and probably not worth the effort of tracking it down.

Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Ok
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 3:31 am

If you want to see my recent acquisitions, then check this out: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 11:39 am

big congrats for a so original collection and for dioramas! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 12:43 pm

Thanks! I’ll keep it up!

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Gecko08 wrote:
And since I made two other tub dioramas, I could just find the lids and stack them up!
That is literally layers of creatures! From the Cambrian to be specific!

I missed this post. These are very nice and clever!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 12:59 pm

And since I can use the lids like that, I can make more dioramas!

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:36 pm

I did too! It's a great way to store the dioramas and they are very well made too

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List   Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gecko08’s Favorite Figures: An Extinct Species Reference List
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next