Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal

Go down 
+15
Taos
Caracal
widukind
Saien
landrover
bmathison1972
Roger
arafan
Advicot
NightLioness
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
Pardofelis
pipsxlch
costicuba
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal Empty
PostSubject: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 5:30 am

At a long last, finaly we can see this Papo Jackal on real :)

This model is very interesting for us collectors, it is the first Golden Jackal model, made from a major brand
and we already have an interesting discussion about it. For those who are interested, it is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Wink

But before we walk around the model , I want to share with you guys,
when I got the model on my hands, I got really scared  affraid

And now I will give my best to give you this feeling  Laughing

Are you ready ?

Ta-da-da-daaaaaa :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

affraid  pale  Shocked  cyclops  affraid
OUCH !

I mean, come on Papo ... what the hell is that ?!?  No
Is it your way trying to scare the children ?!?
Or You just mixed a realistic model, with a cartoon model ?!?

Or maybe this is how Jackals looks, when they overdo it with watching too much television .. ?

No whait, I know what is this... this is a Zombie Jackal ! A new species  Very Happy
We know that Papo sometimes likes to be original ... so maybe this is the reason :)

Sorry for this shock guys, but yeah, I wanted to share my feeling with you  Very Happy

Ok, back to the model , which is actually  sooo beautifully sculpted.
I just love the sculpture ! Real Papo model !
Take a look :

Let`s walk around it :

But be careful ... prepare your self... the eyes is coming again...  Shocked

..and more  Shocked

... and more  Shocked

... a bit more ..  Shocked

Oh, we can relax now ...

And the jackal want`s to relax also :

... but just for a wile, because ... the closer photos is coming ... Prepare your self for a BIG EYES again :

affraid

Ok, take a break again  Very Happy

Time to meet this pal , with others ... Let`s see how they will react on it`s eyes ..

Collecta Black-backed jackal is afraid to watch it strait in the eyes :

The Safari Coyote is thinking : '' Is this guy trying to hypnotise me ?!? '' :

The Papo Lynx is already hypnotised ! :

Finaly he found some friends  Very Happy :

Yes, I think it`s ''He'' .. It has something ''he'' between the legs Wink

Here is a special photo for TAW :

Ok, except the strange eyes, I think this model is very beautiful and I am very happy , that Papo gave it to us .

And you know, that soon or later, I will repaint it, right ?  Laughing
sunny

Last edited by costicuba on Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 5:36 am

Lovely model except the paint job, glad you will give it your touch! It looks like the long ago Safari eyes perhaps from too much bad drugs like speed got to this poor jackal also!
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:17 am

It's a wonderful model, except by the eyes it would be perfect. Clearly the eyes was painted bigger than it's supposed to be: the eye shape is visible entirely inside the eye colour, I don't know if I explain well.
Anyway when I buy mine, I will repaint the eyes and make them smaller and limited to the eye-shape.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:25 am

Perhaps this guy has an owl relative he takes after?... Shocked Laughing

All joking aside, the eyes are freakishly painted but the rest is nice. I stand by my previous thoughts and I think some repaints on this figure could turn it into an array of species for those interested. I myself need a small army to experiment with it... I still find his anatomy intriguing, he has such a delicate gracile facial structure and then robust legs (I am sure a result of choking hazard/breakage compliance). Maybe I will make a coywolf twin for mine when I buy them. Congrats on this controversial but charming Golden Wolf and thank you for sharing him with us!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 am

WOW !!! HELP !! affraid
This is how to teach your children to get away from their mobile screens lol!

In your great close-ups we see that he was not made like that at all, - who on earth told the painters to paint like that ? scratch

But the model is gorgeous, beautyful, lovely I love you

Last night I ordere it also, and now I know what to expect, so I do not get a chock, but to look at the bright side of Jackals Very Happy

Thankyou for a great - and fun - walkaround, dear Kosta Applause

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 8:09 am

Need this one, even if he has seen to much 0.0

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 9:43 am

Whoah those eyes! It's still a figure that'll be coming into my collection and will provide some good laughs from friends and family who see it. I noticed it was available on Modellpferdeversand and I was sure we'd get a walkaround from Kosta in the coming days

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 10:25 am

I can't really belive that Papo is selling models with such awful paintjobs Surprised I really can't understand why, seems like there isn't a final control or something scratch I belive he's yelling for a repaint? Very Happy
Anyway, it's a very nice model of a species that's becoming more and more common in Europe. Thank you for these great pictures! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 12:26 pm

The most controversial figure of 2020 arrived and Kosta is the first presenting it! cheers
It is fantastic to have the chance of appreciating this model with such great pictures and these close-ups. However, my initial feelings about the figure haven't changed too much. My enthusiasm about it is more related with the fact that it is a golden jackal than with the final product propperly. The figure, in terms of design, doesn't show a big improvement when compared with the walking wolf released already a good number of years ago. The sculpt is generally good, not exactly a masterpiece but the way they painted these eyes is not according with current standards. It makes it look like a cartoon as you mentioned or at least as a figure from 30 years ago. Big eyes is often a common trick of toy designers to turn figures more appealing to children, though, the way Papo did it does not work. Schleich was much more convincent with these little tricks. It is also not capturing the traditional facial expression of jackals, somewhat feline and that turns these animals into real seducers. I am really curious to see how it will look after your dance with brushes. I think a good paiting can make a huge difference in this figure.
This model will have surely a place in my collection but mostly for the reasons I mentioned at the start of my post, thanks for opening this topic, Kosta. Very Happy

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 1:03 pm

I plan on getting this, and despite the great analyses on the forum, retain it as a golden jackal. But, those eyes! Wow, looks like a Safari figure from the 1990s ;-)
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks for sharing Kosta. cheers cheers cheers

I think that this figure is very good, only needs to enlarge the size of the pupil a little.

and it's very easy with a sharpie with fine point.

Papo must be careful with the paint.

Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 6:35 pm

Thanks for the funny walkaround and comparison with Collecta jackal cheers Applause   And of course, thanks for the warnings! exclamation What a Face  You are right, the sculpture is good. This will be my first golden eyed golden jackal Very Happy  Laughing

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:30 pm

Thank you, i will add that figure in my collection

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 10:56 am

Very Happy Thank you everybody for your comments here Very Happy

Yes, as we can see, the sculptor did his job very well. The eyes he sculpted is not big and the rest of the sculpt is really nice too.
But the painter of the eyes ( as we know, the mass products has different painters for every part of the model) I think, tried to make some joke
with it Laughing
But of course, this will not stop us - collectors , to have this model in our collections.

I think that some of us, can try to fix the eyes with some paint and it will be far better :)

Saien wrote:
Thanks for the funny walkaround and comparison with Collecta jackal cheers Applause   And of course, thanks for the warnings! exclamation What a Face  You are right, the sculpture is good. This will be my first golden eyed golden jackal Very Happy  Laughing

Haha Laughing Thank you Andrea for this funny comment sunny

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:32 pm

The whole process of the design and manufacturing of a figure has a lot of stages.
Rarely, it is the sculptor of the model who decides how the final product will be painted.
Actually, it only happens when the manager of the company is also a sculptor as it happens with Mojö Fun. Though, those models sculpted by Anna Dobrowolska, are never painted according with her orientations. With Papo it is not different and I am convinced most of the Papo sculpts derive from external sources. Where is this model made, is it in P. R. C.?
It explains why the sculptor carved nicely sized eyes and the designer decided it to be painted with oversized eyes. The workers that paint it, they have a guide to follow, they can't paint it exactly as recomended but their influence is minor on it. By the way, even the painting process has some different stages and it is not always the same worker that makes the whole process in each figure. Producing these toys is a science much more complex than what we think.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 8:10 pm

You are right, Roger.
Sometimes I can sit with a model and think about all the people and all the time and processes, - and shipping, packing, unpacking, - paperwork- well, there is probably more bom

And then, at last, here I have this little "piece of plastic" and feel so happy cheers

In this case I do not even have to own it, - I feel happy when I look at Kosta's pictures ! cheers
Funny, scary, beautyful, long awaited Jackal Laughing

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 2:02 am

landrover wrote:

Thanks for sharing Kosta.  cheers  cheers  cheers

I think that this figure is very good, only needs to enlarge the size of the pupil a little.

this is actually a very good idea. I am not one to alter figures, but making an eye pupil a little bigger in minimal.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 3:11 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

he has such a delicate gracile facial structure and then robust legs (I am sure a result of choking hazard/breakage compliance).

Yes, Papo choose again a more soft plastic material .. and maybe the sculptor was warned, to make the legs not so thin ..

Roger wrote:
Where is this model made, is it in P. R. C.?

Very well said all in your comment Roger ... and sorry for my late answer .. Yes, it is made in P. R. C. :)

SUSANNE wrote:
You are right, Roger.
Sometimes I can sit with a model and think about all the people and all the time and processes, - and shipping, packing, unpacking, - paperwork- well, there is probably more bom

And then, at last, here I have this little "piece of plastic" and feel so happy cheers

In this case I do not even have to own it, - I feel happy when I look at Kosta's pictures  ! cheers
Funny, scary, beautyful, long awaited Jackal  Laughing

Also very well said Susanne :)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 6:09 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
landrover wrote:

Thanks for sharing Kosta.  cheers  cheers  cheers

this is actually a very good idea. I am not one to alter figures, but making an eye pupil a little bigger in minimal.

Ok, I made some drawing on my first photo, to help you see how this model will look with sharpie retouch of the pupil.
It will look like that :

And yes, the eyes will look smaller, but also the face will look like it is with a mask.
Also I think the problem is not only the big eyes, but also the yellow colour , which they used.

I found one photo, a good example , how the eye`s colour should be :

And here is some extra photos of the variety of the eye colours on Golden Jackals ... of course depending also on the sunlight :

Last edited by costicuba on Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyThu Aug 13, 2020 6:16 am

And finaly, here is a Jackal`s smile to all of you :

Laughing sunny

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 2:26 am

Thanks Kosta for telling where this figure was made.
It is also interesting to see all these jackal portraits, not only eyes are different when watching these pictures. It is not easy to make a replica of an animal.
You will surely need a good makeup case and a good smile to face this project. :)

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 4:10 pm

Thank you Kosta for these so wonderful and useful pictures. The colour and size of eyes can be easily repared.. according to me, as already said (or writen!), its only default is its legs thickness. I was fearing about its size but it fits rather well with blak-backed jackal and coyote although it would be a little smaller than the first one.
Now I just have to wait to find it in the shops of my countryside where the Papo alligator just arrived! :)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 3:25 am

Thank you Roger and Alain Very Happy

Caracal wrote:

Now I just have to wait to find it in the shops of my countryside where the Papo alligator just arrived! :)

Ahh .... I always wonder, why Papo is comming soooo slowly in France ... scratch

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Great walkaround on this model!!.Eyes as everyone says are a bit weird/scary but I will still be getting him!

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal EmptySun Aug 16, 2020 4:40 am

Thank you Taylor :)

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal   2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal Empty

Back to top Go down

2020 Papo 50259 - Golden Jackal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next