Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )

Go down 
+8
spacelab
Taos
Advicot
Saarlooswolfhound
costicuba
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  Empty
PostSubject: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 6:33 pm

How can I resist a model of a little dog, especial when it is an "Exclusive" models ?  Laughing
So as soon as I could, I ordered the two little "User Voted" dog models  I haven't got the siamese cay yet but am SO exited to get it  bounce

So, here are a couple of pictures of the two dogs : Maltese, and short haired Chihuahua  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was quite surprised that they are SO small, but they are really lovely .

Lovely face !
But it would have been wonderful if they had made the brown iris, which fits the bolour of his coat

and what does those lines do on her chest ?
He is supposed to have a white chest  Rolling Eyes

The pose is typical for such a little girl with almost no coat  Laughing

Ohh, NO ! What a shame that he has such a big EU mark on him  Crying or Very sad

But all in all, a neat little model, and thank god they didn give her bandana, bow or other horrible "clothes " on  cheers

The Malteseis a little masterpiece as sculpting goes  Applause

Again, thankyou for not giving him a bow on the head Very Happy
But couldn't they have done better with his mask ?
A puff of black in the face, - Schleich, we KNOW you can do better, just look at bayala  Suspect

All in all, I like these two very much, and it is confirmed again that Schleich has a very good dog-artist, but are misers with the paint Wink

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 6:34 pm

Cute figures

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 9:52 pm

Thanks Susanne for all these beautiful pictures! I suspect the new fennec will look somewhat like this Chihuahua. cat

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Roger wrote:
..... I suspect the new fennec will look somewhat like this Chihuahua. cat

lol! cat lol!

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 10:35 pm

Both are cute and both has a charm.
I agree with everything you said about the paint quality .. and the mark on the Chihuahua affraid No
All in all , I like them too :)
Thank you for showing them to us Susanne sunny

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:
..... I suspect the new fennec will look somewhat like this Chihuahua. cat

lol! cat lol!

Almost , almost Laughing ... especially with the eyes ... at least what I saw in the small photo of the fennec Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Aug 20, 2020 10:38 pm

Lovely new models susanne. The chihuahua isnt my taste in that breed, but it is realistic as some do have that look. The other woll probably be more a shih-tzu for me, but it looks better than the promo pics did. Congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyFri Aug 21, 2020 11:01 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
..... The chihuahua isnt my taste in that breed, but it is realistic as some do have that look. The other woll probably be more a shih-tzu for me, but it looks better than the promo pics did. Congrats!

Chihuahua surly isn't my choice of dog either, but one of my friends has always had two or three, and they are charming little critters.
She usually gets them as adults, from people who were chocked that they aren't just live teddybears.
Because they are certainly dogs, and enormous personalities in tiny bodies Laughing

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 pm

Very nice additions Susanne, I might look into getting the Maltese as it looks much better than the promo pics

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 9:49 pm

Will have to add them to my collection!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 8:50 pm

...and here, at last, is the so called Siamese cat too cheers

It is an adoreable cat, but I am sure it is not a Siamese.  Laughing
It is more likely a cream - .masked Tonkinese , which is a cross between Siam and Burmese . Siams have more triangular faces and larger ears. study

But it doesn't matter, it is a lovely model and Tonkinese cats are gorgeous too !!!  cheers

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 9:27 pm

It is a great review of this kitty but this figure isn't my cup of tea

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 9:33 pm

Yes, you are right Susanne about the cat. I read a post on fb of the owner of the real-life model (a cat called Nougat that won the UVA) that she's a cross, not a real Siamese
She also posted this photo (I hope she won't mind that I repost it here)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 8:02 am

Ahhh ! Thankyou, Space cheers

So her name is Nougat Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptySun Aug 30, 2020 1:10 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyWed Sep 02, 2020 11:30 am

If they wanted to make a nice looking Siamese, she'd rather tribute one of your beautiful Siamese cat ladies. I agree, for a Siamese it doesn't work, for a cross breed cat of someone, it works. Though, if they wanted to tribute that specific cat, they could just call it cat with the real name of the animal. Bullyland made lots of cats with names too. It is Nougat, not a cat called Papo or CollectA so I don't see any problem here. Calling it Siamese, sounds like it is called Fraud. cat
By the way, I think the title of this topic deserves a little update. Idea

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 1:08 am

It is definitely a sweet cat model, even not a real Siamese .. and the name Nougat fits perfectly on it :)

Roger wrote:
Though, if they wanted to tribute that specific cat, they could just call it cat with the real name of the animal. Bullyland made lots of cats with names too.

Yes, also like Papo did with their Cassis Lapdog , based on a real dog , with name Cassis

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 3:04 am

Oh, what a lovely old Lab! I'd never seen that before.

I agree that Nougat is a decent model, but as a Siamese it doesn't work. Even as a crossbreed colorpoint the paint job is weird. But as a generic cat it's nice, and would work well with another paintjob.

The Chihuahua isn't great to me. I've seen Chis that look like the sculpt, I think once again it's the paintjob. But the little mutt is a beautiful Shih Tzu/Lhasa Apso/ terrier type mix, even the paintjob works.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:27 am

Does anybody know the names of the dogs too ? Very Happy

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 12:11 pm

My parents have a Chihuahua and had a Shih-tzu in the past, I would like to get those figures but the shops in my town are struggling to be supplied with them...

Hopefully I will probably manage to get the white lioness with cubs and tortoises sets but it seems much more unlikely as far as these dogs are concerned.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Neptune

Neptune

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Thanks for the pictures!
I really hope to find the cat in stores soon! It's a lovely model with nice colors but the face is missing the marking of the real one (I guess it would have been to difficult to reproduce?)
Back to top Go down
https://neptunefairytales.tumblr.com/archive
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 9:22 pm

Neptune wrote:
Thanks for the pictures!
I really hope to find the cat in stores soon! It's a lovely model with nice colors but the face is missing the marking of the real one (I guess it would have been to difficult to reproduce?)

I agree that the face markings are missing !!!
Especially as they just call it "Siamese cat" and not mix Rolling Eyes

Ladytilly

Ladytilly

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 8:31 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Bit of a late reply, but the Chihuahua is a sweet little girl called Cora!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  EmptySat Jan 09, 2021 9:00 pm

Ladytilly wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Bit of a late reply, but the Chihuahua is a sweet little girl called Cora!

Ohhh! Thankyou cheers

I willl write that in TAW immediately bounce Very Happy flower

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )    Two tiny doggies ,  29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )  Empty

Back to top Go down

Two tiny doggies , 29/08 + the lovely Siam(-mix? )
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich :: Schleich walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: