Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?

Go down 
+2
SUSANNE
Martin P.
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin P.

Country/State : Czech Republic

Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? Empty
PostSubject: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 7:33 pm

I came across this figure in a toy store and bought it. According to the label, it was made by Zhongjieming Toys in China.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I visited their website (http://www.zhongjietoys.com/en/main/index.php) and most of the figures look like copies of major brands (Papo, Schleich, etc.). Unfortunately, the figures are presented in window boxes without specifying the animal species.
I’m not sure if the figure I bought is a leopard or a jaguar, and I can’t even tell if it’s a copy of a major brand figure. TAW didn’t help…
The posture and body shape are almost identical to the Papo jaguar, only more robust.
With Collecta Amur leopard:
Can anyone advise me? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:09 pm

I tried some of the links, but get the message "Page is not available " Crying or Very sad

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:10 pm

Same for me..

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 pm

I'm sorry for these problems. I uploaded the pictures on my Facebook page and I'll try to put the links again:

I hope it will help. If not, is it possible to send the pictures to the forum in any other way?
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Martin P. wrote:
I'm sorry for these problems. I uploaded the pictures on my Facebook page and I'll try to put the links again:

I hope it will help. If not, is it possible to send the pictures to the forum in any other way?

Stránka je nedostupná. Sad
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:12 pm

You can use this place [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Use "Hotlink for forums" to copy your pictures, and paste these links into the forum

Martin P.

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Another attempt. I'll try to upload the pictures separately in order to see if it works.

Back to top Go down
Martin P.

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:22 pm

Thank you, Susanne. Let's hope it will be okay this time  Smile .

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:24 pm

The body form looks like a leopard, but hard to make out the spot pattern
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:24 pm

It is a jaguar, as the rosettes have additional black spots inside of them.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 9:26 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
The body form looks like a leopard, but hard to make out the spot pattern

oh your newer pics are better. Yeah the body form looks like a leopard but the spots look more like those of a jaguar.

Maybe it's a 'jeopard' since whoever painted it is in...jeopardy!
Back to top Go down
Martin P.

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2020 10:47 pm

Thank you for all the feedback. I wrote this post just because the body resembles a leopard, but the rosettes a jaguar, and that’s why I was not sure, what it should be. Probably a hybrid of a leopard and a jaguar – jagupard (jagulep, jagleop) or leguar (lepjag) – [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 😊?
The company may really be in jeopardy, since its figures are so strikingly similar to figures from major brands. Any idea which figure was the inspiration for this leopard / jaguar?
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 3:46 am

Martin P. wrote:

The company may really be in jeopardy, since its figures are so strikingly similar to figures from major brands. Any idea which figure was the inspiration for this leopard / jaguar?

It certainly seems to be “inspired” by the Papo Jaguar
Back to top Go down
Martin P.

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 5:28 pm

Thanks, I think so too. That almost identical posture and body shape can't be accidental.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?   Is it a leopard, or a jaguar? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it a leopard, or a jaguar?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions :: What is this please ?-
Jump to: