Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020

Go down 
+5
landrover
pipsxlch
Advicot
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 9:42 pm

The right description of these four must be "Cephalopods" , but I can never remember that word clown Laughing
In English they are called octopusses, squid, cuttlefish, inkfish, blackfish, nautilus..... in Danish they are all blæksprutter, and I never learn to distinguish.
In spite of that, I really find them fascinating, and almost as smart as monkeys,  and do not like to eat them.  Rolling Eyes

These four that CollectA launched this year, however, are/were probably not very intelligent, but still I would not recommend that anybody eat them !
Three of them only exist as fossiles, and the fourth ( Nautilus) is a threatened species  Wink

These are not models we see very often in the western brands.
Bullyland made a handfull , and Safari recently made on also... more ?

Here they are, my new beauties from CollectA cheers
Aren't they wonderful ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First  Pleuroceras Ammonite item no 88902

A beautyful and detailed model Very Happy

Unfortunately the inside of the tentacles are full of letters  Rolling Eyes

Compared to one of the "Fossiles" from Bullyland.

A nice Orthoceras, item no 88902

A nice model, but as the animal was not very complex to look at, the model is also rather simple.
It is my first model of this kind of animal Very Happy

The Belamnite, item no 88904 , reminds me of a squid, but the belemnite had 10 arms and no tentakles.

Here compared to the belemnite from Bullyland, two beautyful torpedoes Very Happy

Last, but certainly not least, the wonderful Nautilus Paompilius  cheers
This one can still be found, but unforyunatley it is so beautyful that the shell is being used for souvenirs and as jewelry  Sad
We can hope that this will be stopped so this gorgeous and unusual creature does not end as a fossile only also  Suspect

The model is magnificent !!!

The nautilus has lots of "tentacles" which are not tentacles, but "cirri" !

Look at all the detail !!!!!

I couldn't stop taking pictures  Laughing

My only other nautilus is from Bullyland :

I found this video about the Nautilus, and think it is very informative ( at least for dummies like me Wink )

There is a horseshoe crab and a tribolite in the same series.
I do not have them, but should anybody want to show them here, you are welcome Very Happy

Last edited by SUSANNE on Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 10:13 pm

Oh what a tentacle dream! Big congrats and thank you for sharing!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 10:26 pm

They are all truly AMAZING and the nautilus which is one my wishlist is just perfect

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 12:05 am

Oh, I want them all!
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 2:31 am

WOW Susanne, really four nice animals. arrow In my list now. Applause Applause Applause Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 7:46 am

cheers cheers

Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 9:52 am

Wow, the Nautilus really is a masterpiece. But it's larger than I expected study
Now, I have to make more space for it...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 12:30 pm

These figures are wonderful :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 3:27 pm

I considered some of these, but they are all a bit too big for my tastes. I made an exception for the horseshoe crab and trilobite because, well, you know.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 3:46 pm

By the way, I found out, that the Bullyland Nautilus could be another species. It shares many similarities with the Palau Nautilus. It lacks the black stripes on the shell and the head plate also has the same structure on the top:
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 5:46 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
I considered some of these, but they are all a bit too big for my tastes. I made an exception for the horseshoe crab and trilobite because, well, you know.

cheers Yes, I know lol!

Megaptera wrote:
By the way, I found out, that the Bullyland Nautilus could be another species. It shares many similarities with the Palau Nautilus. It lacks the black stripes on the shell and the head plate also has the same structure on the top:

WOW ! Interesting Very Happy

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 5:54 pm

I also need to find the Bullyland, and it could be another species so that's even better! cheers

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 4:17 am

It was an interesting and good choice of Collecta , to go with models of these creatures this year.
And I am happy to see them on real, with your wonderful photos .
Thank you Susanne ! Applause
And they look nice. Not very spectacular with colours ( for these sizes) , but definitely a nice models :)

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 7:49 am

Thankyou, Kosta Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020    Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020  Empty

Back to top Go down

Four new "octopusses" from CollectA 2020
Page 1 of 1