Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old papermaché dromedary

Go down 
+4
Caracal
widukind
SUSANNE
Shanti
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

Old papermaché dromedary Empty
PostSubject: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary EmptySat Oct 10, 2020 10:37 pm

Not sure if I should share this...
I made this dromedary during my teenage years and for many years it was stored (toghether with some paper dogs) in the attic of my parents house. Recently the house has been sold and now this little animal is residing in my apartment... looking at me.. What shall I do with it.. Shocked Inside it is a wooden armature, the body is pure old newspaper with wheatpaste. The hair is original camel hair from a circus around the block. Laughing It measures about 82cm to the ears.  cyclops It needs some restoration though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 8:34 am

It is fantastic cheers

The dromedary is fantastic, and the fact that you made it so many years ago, but that it is still so beautyful, is fantastic Applause Applause

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 5:20 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 12:02 am

very beautiful! cheers cheers what for the eyes?..
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 5:36 am

Whatching it on your photos and reading the story, this dromedary puts smile on my face Very Happy
It`s wonderful !

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 am

Oh what a great creation! He looks great, I hope you keep him on display.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 2:13 pm

Wow, how awesome! He's super cute and well made! Thank you for sharing with us! cheers sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Thank you very much my friends! Very Happy
It's just an old creature I made in my youth.. Glad you like it though. :)
The eyes are made of Fimo @Caracal.
The sad thing is, I don't have the space in my rooms for this large animal. I already have another dog I made (Bullmastiff ?) hanging around here.
I already gave away a Great dane, a beagle and a swiss mountain dog to a local pet shop for display. But who would take a camel... And my heart sticks with this one...
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 pm

That's very impressive arts and craft work! Even with real camel hair. I can understand that it's not easy to let it go. Surely, someone must want to take good care of it.

PostSubject: Re: Old papermaché dromedary   Old papermaché dromedary Empty

Back to top Go down

Old papermaché dromedary
Page 1 of 1