Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo Chilesaurus

Go down 
+3
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
costicuba
7 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

papo - Papo Chilesaurus Empty
PostSubject: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 9:45 pm

Chilesaurus is a very interesting, small dino , discovered on 2004, in Chile , from where is comming it`s name.
It measured roughly 3.2 m (10.5 ft) from nose to tail. And it is roughly compared with the size of a big dog.
It is very unique looking dino, a mix of Theropoda , Ornithischia and Sauropodomorpha characteristics ... but at the end of the day , it is
described as plant-eater .

This year, Papo were brave enough and surprised us with a wonderful model of this interesting creature.

And although, the tipical and more natural pose of the Chilesaurus , is this one :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

... Papo made the model in a more unusual and interesting one.
And we all know, what is the first reason for that ... the stability issues of the plastic models :)
But the second reason is, because Papo always try to be interesting and unique , giving dynamic poses of their models.
Sometimes it doesn`t work as good , as we want ... Very soon, you will see my walkaround of a tipical example : the new Giganotosaurus model ...
But this time , I think Papo did a great job with this Chilesaurus. I love this pose.
Other thing I love is, that the colours and the paintjob of the real model , is as good , as these on the prototype model.
Something , that we all also know, that it is rarity on the Papo models.
This time , the result of the paintjob is fantastic !

Here is the stock photo :

And here is our wonderful Papo Chilesaurus on real :

I love it !
I love everything on it ! Let`s see what do you think, after we walk around it...
Here we go :

Let`s see the interesting head closer :

It has a movable jaw, which works good :

More closer photos of other wonderful details :

And last photo, with other iconic Papo dinos :

Again, like my previous walkarounds of dino models , I would like to share a video review of this model.
The video helps, especially when there is more info about the model on it.
And this one from Dino Scream Reviews it does Wink

Last edited by costicuba on Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 10:14 pm

What a magnificent model cheers I love you

I so totally agree, - the paintwork, the pose, the choice of species, - one must have a heart of stone to not love this little charmer Laughing

Thankyou very much for the lovely pictures, - I can't stop smiling looking at them Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus EmptySat Oct 17, 2020 11:06 pm

What a weird looking but beautiful dinosaur model. Thank you for sharing it!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 12:19 am

When Papo performes a good figure, they do it better than any other company. Chilesaurus is a good example. Nothing is boring in that model and the pose is surely the highlight. I love that body leaning to its left sid, the right arm lifted and the right leg touching the ground with the toetip. Head and tail high up and all the sculpting following the movement. The detail is amazing, fantastic head and I love these discontinuous spikes. I'd love to see your Chilesaurus debating with your Papo styracosaurus. Laughing
It is a very interesting species as you pointed, actually it is hard to tell where to group this creature. Now I am curious, if they made a chilesaurus, why not a colossal Argentinosaurus?
I also want to thank you this wonderful walk around with fantastic photos. I've seen it is sold for 13 Euros, not a fortune, something to be considered. study

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 1:06 am

Thank you very much Susanne, Paige and Roger :)
I am happy, that you like this wonderful model, just as I do cheers

I forgot to add a video review on this topic...something, which I like to do recently...
So, I just did that now Wink

Roger wrote:
I'd love to see your Chilesaurus debating with your Papo styracosaurus. Laughing
It is a very interesting species as you pointed, actually it is hard to tell where to group this creature. Now I am curious, if they made a chilesaurus, why not a colossal Argentinosaurus?
I also want to thank you this wonderful walk around with fantastic photos. I've seen it is sold for 13 Euros, not a fortune, something to be considered. study

Oh, how much I want a good looking Argentinosaurus ... bounce ... Please Papo, make one for us ! bounce
yes Roger, this model is not so expensive. It is very small model for a dino , which is great.

And here how the debat , between Chil and Styra went ... Not so chill ... Laughing

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 9:01 am

Really great review Kosta, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am getting even more tempted to collect dinosaurs

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 11:37 am

Nice dinosaur figure.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 12:17 pm

lol! Oh, you pictured them together just in a moment. affraid That's surely a great debate. I'd love to know their opinion about the Papo jackal although it is evident for me that they don't agree with each other. Wink I love both models, they share a fantastic expression and they bring a special energy. I think that besides the extra level of detail, these poses make Papo really special and I know we agree on it.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 4:23 pm

What an incredibly realistic dinosaur affraid !!
I don't know why I always assumed Schleich was the best brand... probably because it is the most widespread where I live... but this dinosaur, along with some of the other beautiful Papo models I have discovered this year, is stunning!! And I definitely agree about Papo prototype photos looking better than the actual models, especially with some of the dogs I got recently!
Thank you for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo Chilesaurus   papo - Papo Chilesaurus Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo Chilesaurus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Papo :: Papo walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: