Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs

Go down 
+4
Bonnie
SUSANNE
costicuba
Gecko08
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:08 am

Hello and welcome to my thread. I’m a huge Jurassic park fan and I am assembling a collection of the old Jurassic Park toys from the 90s. I will also be posting Jurassic Park themed news. As for news, here are some new dinosaurs from the new movie.
Here is a set photo of what might be a PYRORAPTOR! Pyroraptor was first seen as a toy in the beasts of the Mesozoic line but if it is appearing in Jurassic World Dominion, then Mattel will be make a figure of it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Next is this LYSTROSAURUS! lystrosaurus is not technically a dinosaur and was first seen in toy form as a Kaiyodo miniature but I wonder what Mattel will do with it in the new movie.
We’ve only got two years to find out.

Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 3:35 am

I am also a Jurassic park\world fan and I will follow your topic with pleasure :)
Very nice start !

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 8:52 am

Great models, great topic, and wonderful pictures Applause

You even have a stable with straw for the lystrosaurus Shocked

Perhaps we can see a picture of the lystrosaurus without a mast , if you meet him at a secure distance ? Laughing

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 10:15 am

Wow the lystrosaurus looks so alive in that photo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyTue Oct 20, 2020 11:48 pm

I don't know anything about Juracic Park World what is weird once I enjoy the subject and it is very popular among our community of collectors of animal figures. I will follow your thread to see if I learn a little more about it and if I start taking a serious look to it.
I find the LYSTROSAURUS a very interesting creature and I'd love to eear a mask like it does. Could you show a picture of this model in an angle that we can see how it looks like? Your picture is realistic and fun but I am curious about the rest...

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyWed Oct 21, 2020 2:39 am

I *think* the photos are stills/ promo or leaked shots from Universal or Jurassic World or such. The Lystrosaurus has tiny little hairs on it. (Love the mask lol!)

Thanks for the photos, and I look forward to those figures if they come to be!
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 4:04 am

And here are some figures I spotted and Target today.

First off, we have the Amber Collection Velociraptor Delta. I’ve never seen this figure and for some reason Beasts of the Mesozoic comes to mind.

Next, we have the Indominus Rex. Even though this is a made up dinosaur, I am still looking forward to getting this one. And maybe the Hasbro version with the working action feature.
We also have the Legacy Collection Bull rex and juvenile. Very nice. The Legacy Collection is a Target exclusive so I expected to see more of it, but after what happened with the Spinosaurus (they stopped selling it so Mattel had to make a new one), I don’t know what to expect from Target.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]

Here is the Carnotaurus Toro from Kredowy Camp or Chalk Camp. This is a very nice figure and a great rendition of what we saw in Jurassic Park: Chalk Camp.
Here is the Siats meekororum. Siats is so rarely made that I’m very happy that Mattel took a stab at it this year. I actually like this figure and I can’t wait to get it.

And here is the Epic Roaring T. rex. I honestly don’t know how many t rexes Mattel has actually made. They’ve made so many.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 4:06 am

And let’s get to what I have in my collection. Here is the Savage Strike Velociraptor Delta. This is a very movie accurate figure from Mattel.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 4:14 am

By saying Kredowy Camp and Chalk Camp, I’m making a reference to an article that Klayton Fioriti looks over on a polish movie website that has many translation issues, like calling “Camp Cretaceous” “Chalk Camp” and “Kredowy Camp”.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptySat Oct 24, 2020 10:05 am

More great dinos- thanks for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 2:25 am

Also I checked out Kohl’s and Ross to check out their dinosaur selection. Ross had nothing but Kohl’s did have one figure from their ever-shrinking dinosaurs section.
This is the Off-road ATV set. This set feature Owen and the Dracorex. I didn’t pick it out today, instead I found a Hasbro Indominus Rex from eBay. I got it!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 1:58 am

Dracorex gained some popularity these last years, wasnt' it? Though it also gained some controversy. I find it a very cool creature.

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 10:33 pm

I like dracorex too. I’ll have to do more reasearch to determine if Dracorex is different from Pachycephalosaurus. Wikipedia already deleted their Dracorex and Stygimoloch pages. I find this a bit too sudden. But because of how controversial paleontology is, I’ld give it a few years and see what they say then.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyTue Nov 03, 2020 10:37 pm

I’m making a Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom toy movie and production (albeit long) is going very good. I’m not going to post it on YouTube, so I’m wondering where to post it so everyone here can see it. I recently bought the supplies for filming the Dinosaur Auction Scene.
If you didn’t watch the movie, (I hope you did) Ankylosaurus was lot [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and it fits very well in the cage I bought for the scene.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Even though my Mattel Indoraptor is a bit cramped in the enclosure.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 4:09 pm

Your selection of Jurassic World figures is so much more than whats available in the UK and thats just in Target!!strange how it varies from country to country!

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 4:29 pm

I got the junior novel for Camp Cretaceous Season 1. It wasn’t on the shelves, but a worker got it for me from the back.
WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR CAMP CRETACEOUS
The worker asked me what volume I wanted. I said I wanted volume one because I wasn’t aware of any other volumes, but I began to research. The first volume was for the first season. Which means a second volume would be for the second season.
The second novel will come out in January. But I got hungry for more info. I saw a third novel.
The third novel could only be for a third season. This one comes out in June. This means we may be looking at three season of Camp Cretaceous. And this means that season 2 won’t close out the story, thus leaving room for a third novel and a third season. There may even be a fourth novel, but I haven’t found it. It might be too early to tell.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 4:41 pm

The JPToys.com has released a checklist for Mattel’s 2021 “Dino Escape” toyline.
Wild Attack (a bit like Savage Strike and Attack Pack)
Baby Nasutoceratops (reference to new animatronic for JW3?)
Herrerasaurus
Moros Intrepidus (I’m very excited)
Velociraptor
Dimetrodon
Zuniceratops (Also very excited)
"Speed Dino [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]"
"Speed Dino [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" (I wonder what these are)
Roar Attack (think Roarivores and Sound Strike)
Ceratosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Ankylosaurus
"Dino 4"
"Dino 5"
Nasutoceratops
Ceratosaurus 2
Baryonyx redeco ("Chaos"?)
(I wonder what the not confirmed Dinos 4 and 5 may be)
New Super Colossals
Super Colossal Carnotaurus "Toro"
Super Colossal Giganotosaurus (I’m not that big of a Super Colossal Dinosaur collector, so maybe Mattel will release a smaller giganotosaurus. Maybe part of their Mega Destroyer line which has no confirmed dinosaurs).
And the animatronic I mentioned

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyWed Nov 04, 2020 7:16 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 4:31 pm

So, while this isn’t exactly Jurassic park news, Safari Ltd released small images of parts of their new 2021 lineup. I will be guessing each species.
First off is the “Spinosauridae 1”. This creature is going to be part of the Spinosaur family (think Spinosaurus, Baryonyx, Suchomimus). The caption reads, “ This dinosaur had a long snout full of sharp teeth.” that doesn’t say much about the figure. Those traits could apply to any Spinosaur. I’m going to say Baryonyx or Suchomimus. They already made a Spinosaurus. They will reveal the species any day now so I may be wrong. I picked Baryonyx because Baryonyx has 96 and Suchomimus has 122 teeth.
This is “Spinosauridae 2”. The caption reads, “ This dinosaur is potentially one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs ever discovered.” I’m going to say this could be one of two things. Oxalaia or Sigilmassasaurus. Both are very obscure species and it would be amazing if safari made them. I could be wrong, and this could just be another Spinosaurus.
Here is the last dinosaur I got pictures of. “Tyrannosauridae 2”. The caption reads, “ This dinosaur had proportionally longer arms than its larger, more famous cousin“. I’m gonna call it right now and say..............(tension rises).......Tarbosaurus baatar. The caption hints at it having bigger arms than t.rex which hints to a 2021 Tarbosaurus. Who knows, this post could be outdated very quickly. I’m actually hoping it’s not a Tarbosaurus. I have  the Kaiyodo Tarbo, the Mattel Tarbo, the Collecta Tarbo, and I’m about to get the new Favorite co Tarbo.

EDIT: I’m actually hoping the Tarbosaurus ends up as a different Tyrannosaur.

Last edited by Gecko08 on Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 4:33 pm

Either way, there are probably going to be more dinosaurs in the lineup that haven’t been confirmed yet.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 5:06 pm

Wow you have very good knowledge on dinos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 4:58 am

Thanks, Safari will be revealing their 2021 lineup soon, so my prediction will be put to the test. Also, when I typed in “Thanks”, my iPad autocorrected it to “That Kanye”. Weird.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 3:31 pm

Previously, safari released a silhouette of the “Spinosauridae 2”
This screams updated Spinosaurus or Sigilmassasaurus.
Either way, I would be excited if it were an Oxalaia too.

Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 am

So safari released their 2021 dinosaurs. As much as I wanted a Sigilmassasaurus, I ended up getting an updates Spinosaurus.
It still looks nice. Very nice.
Next is a Baryonyx. Thank goodness I was right.
This looks great.
Next is a Daspletosaurus. I would rather have a Daspletosaurus than an (idk 5th) Tarbosaurus toy.
I may have gotten most of them wrong so shoot, but I’m still happy with the selection. Besides, I can’t imagine this is all safari has to offer for 2021. They’ll make more.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs   Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs Empty

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Park/World Dinosaurs
Page 1 of 1