Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo - Giganotosaurus

Go down 
+4
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Saarlooswolfhound
costicuba
8 posters
AuthorMessage
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

Papo - Giganotosaurus Empty
PostSubject: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 4:48 am

Here is one more topic from me, for the Dino lovers Very Happy

This model was and still is, the 2020 most debatable model, between the dino collectors.
All of them (including me) , were very very excited, that Papo will make a Giganotosaurus.
And then many of them , were very disappointed of the choice of this '' godzilla'' like posture.

What about me ..? I am not disappointed at all.  Very Happy  
Ok, the pose is for sure not typical for a huge predator like Giganotosaurus. Maybe it is even strange pose...
But we all know, that Papo always try to be original ... maybe that`s why I love them.

For a long time, we didn`t have many models of this creature.
In my collection I had just the beautiful Giganotosaurus from Safari Carnegie Collection.
But then came Eofauna very realistic one, with a natural , walking pose..
This year (or next one) , we will have two very beautiful Giganotosaurus models, by W-dragon and Nanmu.
All of them, with the same walking pose.

So why we don`t have one crazy looking model from Papo ? I say YES !
We can always find something interesting in craziness..
And I got it. And I found !  Very Happy

I am also very happy, that again like the Chilesaurus, this model looks exactly the same on real, like on the stock photos :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here it is :

The colours a beautiful.
The details are very beautifully sculpted . Real Papo dino.

It has movable jaw, which works perfect :

Let`s see the model from more angles :

The interior of the mouth is also sculpted and painted very very well and detailed :

And if we are open minded, like I said, we can find something interesting in craziness.
If we display this model with other papo models , to create a fight scene, like this :

...then, maybe it doesn`t look so unnatural ... :)
let`s see more of this fight :

Or this one :

All in all , I welcomed this Giga in my collection, with a smile  Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 6:55 am

I actually love this model. Don't have one myself yet, and although the pose makes it a little static for imaginative play for kids I still love how it is original. Thanks for your photos of it, definitely need one for my shelves.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 7:06 am

costicuba wrote:
So why we don`t have one crazy looking model from Papo ? I say YES !
We can always find something interesting in craziness.......

Thankyou for making me laugh and turning a grey, dark, wet, windy morning into beautyful, interesting morning cheers Laughing

And what a charming, wonderful, playable model that is !!!

I won't mention the times when children could play monsters, Wild West, farm, or family with stones and sticks, because this model is relly, really beautyfully made in every detail , and shows all that we love about Papodinos Crocodile alien Applause Applause

Thankyou for these great photos, and for showing us real Papodinofighting (PDF) bounce lol!

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 9:55 am

Wow these Papo dinosaurs really take my breath away, they are just so realistic! Very Happy And I love how you take your photos- I'm not sure what it is but something about them makes them really nice to look at! Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 12:59 pm

I am really glad you are bringing one more debatable figure to the board.
My opinion about the pose choice is somewhat different from yours this time. I don't think Papo wanted to make something unusual and crazy as they often do.
I just think they know that the Godzilla looking dinosaurs still have an important niche of market. Besides of that, a giga can usually pass as a T-rex for less knowledgeable customers. Thus, they merged two very marketable arguments in a single model. We know also that giganotosaurus is a very requested figure among collectors. At least I often see it in collector's wishes.
As a sculpture, it has the traditional high level of detail of Papo dinosaurs in a design reminescent of an action figure. The pose surely works fantastic in a shelf and I really enjoy the way you're showing it interacting with other models. affraid
The picture with the therizinosaurus reminds me the folklore of my homeland. Laughing

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 5:21 pm

Thank you for your comments Paige, Susanne, Bonnie and Roger  Very Happy

Roger wrote:

My opinion about the pose choice is somewhat different from yours this time. I don't think Papo wanted to make something unusual and crazy as they often do.
I just think they know that the Godzilla looking dinosaurs still have an important niche of market.
The picture with the therizinosaurus reminds me the folklore of my homeland. Laughing

Yes Roger, I agree with you, but you know.... I just try to give some love to this model Very Happy  .. because it got so much hate from the
dino collectors community ... that`s why I called it unique Very Happy
But of course you are right about the pose... and also it is the most easy way of Papo, to handle the stability of the model.

Hmm, about the picture with the therizinosaurus, I would like to know more about the folklore of your homeland you are talking about...
And I would like to share one video review of this model ....
Please watch especially the part with the therizinosaurus model .... Killershrewfan created very funny and sensual dance between these two models Laughing  It made me laugh a lot ...especially the face of the Giga lol!

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 5:44 pm

I know I will go for the Eofauna model soon or later but your topic m
Gives me a bunch of flowers. The languorous dance with the Theri is imbattable. They are made for each other. Thank you so much Kosta
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 1:09 am

That video almost killed me! lol! lol! lol!
Now it is easy to understand why Gigano is receiving so much love from you. Great work from that guy, that dance will turn legendary in this hobby. Yes, I also love Giganos face and the way he is completely inlove with Theresa and her beautiful nails. My only complaint about the video is that I get melted anytime I see that spino and I make a huge effort to forget that it exists. Embarassed
There's already a long time since I've read a topic on DTF. Beyond some flash visits, I think the last time I've red a good number of posts, it was when they reacted to the Papo baryonyx and it was a massacre. If I have the chance, I will try to find the reactions to this model. Yah, when we feel something is being hated in an exaggerated way, we tend to want to protect it.

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2020 2:38 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I know I will go for the Eofauna model soon or later but your topic m
Gives me a bunch of flowers. The languorous dance with the Theri is imbattable. They are made for each other. Thank you so much Kosta

I am sure, that you will love the Eofauna Giga :) This dance  Laughing ... it is exactly imbattable  lol!

Roger wrote:
That video almost killed me! lol! lol! lol!
Now it is easy to understand why Gigano is receiving so much love from you. Great work from that guy, that dance will turn legendary in this hobby. Yes, I also love Giganos face and the way he is completely inlove with Theresa and her beautiful nails. My only complaint about the video is that I get melted anytime I see that spino and I make a huge effort to forget that it exists. Embarassed
There's already a long time since I've read a topic on DTF. Beyond some flash visits, I think the last time I've red a good number of posts, it was when they reacted to the Papo baryonyx and it was a massacre. If I have the chance, I will try to find the reactions to this model. Yah, when we feel something is being hated in an exaggerated way, we tend to want to protect it.

This video is really hilarious Laughing
Maybe one day you will have that Spino ... I know you like it a lot :)
I am sure , that you will find soooo many negative reactions on DTF about this Giga.. I am sure it was a real ''massacre'', like you said for the Papo baryonyx.
I didn`t check there, but I watched many videos, before the model to be on stock... Many bad reactions.
Including from this guy, which I shared a video from. ... And then what happened ? He also bought it...like many of the dino collectors.  Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 12:21 am

I like when reviewers are honest and they really tell what they like or not. Often I avoid these videos because some of them receive from the companies these figures as gifts and naturally they tend to tell everything is perfect on them.
I like that this reviwer is clearly disliking the pose and another thing that I agree, figure looks distorted with weird proportions but it may be the pose contributing to that perception. Nevertheless, the reviewer is clearly amazed with the level of detail and the painting of the figure.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 5:04 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 8:18 pm

I consider myself a very, very lucky collector, because I do not know very much about how dinos should look, - I LOVE this model Very Happy cheers

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus EmptyMon Oct 26, 2020 10:22 pm

Very Happy cheers Thank you dor these fabulous pictures Kosta! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papo - Giganotosaurus   Papo - Giganotosaurus Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo - Giganotosaurus
Page 1 of 1