Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Max's Cenozoic Collection

Go down 
+4
Kikimalou
widukind
pipsxlch
Max
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Max

Max

Country/State : New York

Max's Cenozoic Collection Empty
PostSubject: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:50 pm

This thread will be dedicated to my Cenozoic collection consisting of mostly extinct mammals, but also some extant mammals and birds. I'll start with my Musk ox from Kaiyodo. I really love this figure and fits in nicely with other smaller scale models.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 10:52 pm

I also purchased the extinct cenozoic mammal set from Colorata. These figures are really nice with the mammoth being my favorite. Also, I see this set is not on the Toy Animal Wiki so if you want to use my photos feel free.

Last edited by Max on Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyTue Oct 27, 2020 11:02 pm

Now for some more detailed pictures starting off with the mammoth.

Next up the Megatherium. This figure reminds of the Safari Ltd model, which I like quite a bit.

The Megaloceros is great part of this set due to its lack of releases from major brands (I can't wait to get the Papo version).

The Arsinotherium model is not my favorite, but its still pretty nice.

The Paleoparadoxia is a unique model and is part of the reason I bought the set.

I've always been a fan of Glyptodon so this is a welcome addition. Looking back at these photos I see my hands made an appearance.

Next up is the Smilodon. I like the pattern and its quite a solid model.

Last, but not least is the Diatryma. I really like this model and its close 2nd behind the mammoth.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 3:35 am

I like the Diatryma best! The Smilodon looks like it was inspired by the one in the
Primeval series.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 7:22 am

Nice again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 8:04 am

I can’t see the pics
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 8:25 am

What a magnificent set cheers

The Paleoparadoxia especially, I do not remember seeing a model of this animal before Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing Applause

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 8:44 am

It’s the only one ever produced Susanne Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 11:31 am

Lots of great figures!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 11:48 am

pipsxlch wrote:
I like the Diatryma best! The Smilodon looks like it was inspired by the one in the
Primeval series.

The diatryma is definitely a great figure, one of my favorites from the set.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 11:49 am

widukind wrote:
Nice again

Thanks, the quality was better than expected with the colorata set.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 11:50 am

SUSANNE wrote:
What a magnificent set cheers

The Paleoparadoxia especially, I do not remember seeing a model of this animal before Very Happy

Thankyou for sharing Applause

Yea it is a quite a unique animal to have been included. The set has a lot of animals that don't really get much figure like attention such as Megaloceros.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 11:51 am

Kikimalou wrote:
I can’t see the pics

Are the pictures still not working for you?
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 11:52 am

Bonnie wrote:
Lots of great figures!

Thanks, I love Japanese figures, but the only issue with them is the price. Its usually double what I would be paying for major brands.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 11:52 am

Yes I agree, particularly shipping to the UK as it is so hard to find them here!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 12:13 pm

Max, thanks for hallowing that we use your pictures for TAW. I will use one pic of each model and take care of it.
That's the way I think a set like this one should be built. We have a good number of famous creatures, iconic from that era like the mammuthus, smilodon, giant sloth, glyptodon, etc. but there is an effort to show mammals from distinct groups and even a bird. There is also, the paleoparadoxia, a model that turns this set completely unique. If it was composed just about common animals, it would be boring as many other sets, if it was composed exclusively of unusual species, we'd love it but it was surely not very marketable. So, I think Colorata found a perfect balance once megaloceros and arsinotherium, not being unknown, they are not so commonly represented.

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 3:13 pm

Roger wrote:
Max, thanks for hallowing that we use your pictures for TAW. I will use one pic of each model and take care of it.
That's the way I think a set like this one should be built. We have a good number of famous creatures, iconic from that era like the mammuthus, smilodon, giant sloth, glyptodon, etc. but there is an effort to show mammals from distinct groups and even a bird. There is also, the paleoparadoxia, a model that turns this set completely unique. If it was composed just about common animals, it would be boring as many other sets, if it was composed exclusively of unusual species, we'd love it but it was surely not very marketable. So, I think Colorata found a perfect balance once megaloceros and arsinotherium, not being unknown, they are not so commonly represented.

I agree that they choose a good balance. It would be hard to sell a cenozoic mammal set without the mammoth and smilodon. Those two are the most popular prehistoric mammals figures, so it would make sense to include them. For example on Safari ltd's website the best selling prehistoric figure is their smilodon followed by the mammoth
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Toy Animal Wiki is already a very good indicator how popular is a certain figure.
I added the set here and notice the current numbers:

Wolly? Mammoth = 60
Smilodon = 45
Ground sloths = 22
Gastornis = 14
Arsinoitherium = 8
Glyptodon = 7
Megaloceros = 4
Paleoparadoxia = 1(st)

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 9:08 pm

Very interesting set which learns a new species to me (the old paradox! Laughing ), thank you for sharing Max and take care, Diartryma must now be called Gastornis because of the rule of the first description! :)
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 11:51 pm

Roger wrote:
Toy Animal Wiki is already a very good indicator how popular is a certain figure.
I added the set here and notice the current numbers:

Wolly? Mammoth = 60
Smilodon = 45
Ground sloths = 22
Gastornis = 14
Arsinoitherium = 8
Glyptodon = 7
Megaloceros = 4
Paleoparadoxia = 1(st)

That's interesting information. I would of thought the smilodon would have more figures than the mammoth.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 5:26 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 4:19 pm

I just received my largest order of figures ever. I am super happy with these. My favorite is the musk ox. Even though the musk ox is not extinct it fits nicely with the others.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Congratulation for these wonderful newcomers. Very Happy

What is the dark animal ahead of the Kelenken please ?
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 4:37 pm

Wonderful, wonderful newcomers, and all of them such good models! cheers
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 4:49 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation for these wonderful newcomers. Very Happy

What is the dark animal ahead of the Kelenken please ?
It's the CollectA baby mammoth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max's Cenozoic Collection   Max's Cenozoic Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

Max's Cenozoic Collection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: