Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^

Go down 
+10
Advicot
Farm collector
Ana
JamesPanda
widukind
Bonnie
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
Saarlooswolfhound
A-J
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 1:02 pm

Thank you Bonnie, Rogério, Paige and lucky luke sunny  I'm glad that a sculpture that brought me joy making it, brings you joy to watch it too! flower Very Happy

Bonnie wrote:
I was also wondering if you ever do commissions for sculptures? You make the most beautiful dogs! Very Happy

I have taken on a few sculpting commissions over the years, but my problem is that it takes me a lot of time to complete one and the pressure I lay on myself to make it perfect (especially when it's someones pet) doesn't really help. And I'm not always bold enough to ask the right fee to compensate the time I work on it... which is probably the biggest issue. So I've done a few commissions that were in hindsight way too cheap for the time I spent working on it. That's why I have decided to not take on any sculpting commissions for the moment but to switch to small watercolour (2D) pet portrait commissions when my schedule allows. Those take a lot less time, but are still fun to do. When I've finished my master's degree (I'm a fultime student working on a master thesis at the moment but hope to graduate somewhere this summer, that's why time is an issue ; ) ) I plan to take on commissions again or focus on selling my own OS or copies of them :)

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 8:16 pm

A-J wrote:
Thank you Bonnie, Rogério, Paige and lucky luke sunny  I'm glad that a sculpture that brought me joy making it, brings you joy to watch it too! flower Very Happy

Bonnie wrote:
I was also wondering if you ever do commissions for sculptures? You make the most beautiful dogs! Very Happy

I have taken on a few sculpting commissions over the years, but my problem is that it takes me a lot of time to complete one and the pressure I lay on myself to make it perfect (especially when it's someones pet) doesn't really help. And I'm not always bold enough to ask the right fee to compensate the time I work on it... which is probably the biggest issue. So I've done a few commissions that were in hindsight way too cheap for the time I spent working on it. That's why I have decided to not take on any sculpting commissions for the moment but to switch to small watercolour (2D) pet portrait commissions when my schedule allows. Those take a lot less time, but are still fun to do. When I've finished my master's degree (I'm a fultime student working on a master thesis at the moment but hope to graduate somewhere this summer, that's why time is an issue ; ) ) I plan to take on commissions again or focus on selling my own OS or copies of them :)
Yes, I completely understand, I would be a perfectionist too and definitely, it takes much longer than most people think to sculpt a model! The watercolours sound wonderful though, I'm sure they make beautiful memories of peoples' pets! sunny Good luck with your degree too! flower
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^   Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sculpting a fox based on my younger-self's stories ^^
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3