Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

unidentified black panther or jaguar

Go down 
+3
rogerpgvg
costicuba
Caracal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ros

Country/State : Bristol

unidentified black panther or jaguar Empty
PostSubject: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Hello hive mind....I have acquired this rather striking model in a job lot, but can't identify the manufacturer! I have attached photos and a comparison for size against a Britains model. The pose is interesting as it doesn't seem mirror most of the black panther poses I can see, it is closer to the standing Britains tiger. It does appear to be black plastic, not overpainted apart from eyes and mouth. Hopefully someone on here might be able to help!
Best wishesunidentified black panther or jaguar 12525211
unidentified black panther or jaguar 12532611
unidentified black panther or jaguar 12535610
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 2:03 pm

it looks like Plaho marolin ones..
Back to top Go down
ros

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 3:29 pm

Ooh thank you, I will have a look! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ros

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 3:50 pm

So I had a look at this maker, which is very interesting but the legs are in reverse (see picture) and the whole animal appears more elongated. The tail is also slightly different.....so the search continues! study unidentified black panther or jaguar Veb-pl10
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 4:06 pm

Gorgeous model ! What a wonderful find !!! Very Happy
But it is definitely not Plaho !

Perhaps from some of the many great, old French brands ?

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 5:40 pm

Very interesting mistery and very nice model :)
It look`s like an original model.
And of course Kosta is very happy every time , when a black panther is showing up cheers
Thank you for sharing Ros

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 7:30 pm

maybe check on Donplast/Manurba side Shocked
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 8:27 pm

If you bought it in the UK, it's likely to be a British company. It seems to be grey underneath the black paint. It is definitely not metal underneath, is it?

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 9:23 pm

No, definitely plastic. It's a mystery! and I also have another one....a lying down ostrich! I had 2 in a job lot today. The bodies and necks look identical to Britains, but older version (quite a lot of the paint has 'weathered'. But the bottom of each is completely flat, I think intentionally as they are both the same, but no marks. I will try and upload picture tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 9:51 pm

ros wrote:
.......I will try and upload picture tomorrow Smile

bounce Very Happy

ros

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Closest to the actual pose/ detail eg ribcage etc of this jaguar/ panther is this in a Merten catalogue number 218, but can't find if it came in a black version....unidentified black panther or jaguar Merton11
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 10:55 pm

It looks like a smaller copy of a Lineol panther.

LINEOL

unidentified black panther or jaguar Lineol-130

unidentified black panther or jaguar Lineol-170

And danish copies

unidentified black panther or jaguar Danemark-23

unidentified black panther or jaguar Danemark-24
Back to top Go down
ros

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 3:02 pm

That's the closest match so far Christophe, thank you! Maybe it's a copy of the Danish copy! The legs are certainly positioned the same, which is the only brand so far that does! Thank you for your help with this, he/she is certainly quite unique at the moment it seems! Meanwhile here is the ostrich puzzle....any ideas??? One photo shows the 2 Britains versions for scale, with a different one in front, square base, different head and tail. The other photos have the lying down ones with the old Britains version behind, which seem very similar. Under view shows no marks....have they simply been 'doctored' perhaps?
unidentified black panther or jaguar Ostric10
unidentified black panther or jaguar Ostric11
unidentified black panther or jaguar Ostric12
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 3:39 pm

The ostrich On the first pic is a Timpo.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Yes,definitely a Timpo ostrich!

PostSubject: Re: unidentified black panther or jaguar   unidentified black panther or jaguar Empty

Back to top Go down

unidentified black panther or jaguar
Page 1 of 1